Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

ripken8

Nov 11, 2013
I've learned a great deal about 90's inserts since subscribing to this thread, especially along the lines of backdoored cards, executive promos, and non-serial numbered cards intended to be used as replacements...thanks to all those who contribute their knowledge!

So a question for all the experts in this thread...anyone have information on any 1994 Studio Series Stars Gold non-serial numbered cards (example below)? As you can see from the back of the card, it was never given a serial number. It was listed on eBay as a "promo" but based on what I've learned here, I'm more inclined to think it was a card intended as a replacement card for actual serial numbered versions, and some of the leftover non-serial numbered cards were backdoored instead of being destroyed. Or it could just be a misprint where the serial number simply never got stamped.

front.JPGback.JPG

Anyone have any thoughts and/or an example of this card for your player? Maybe it is a promo, I just can find any info that indicates Studio produced actual promo cards for this particular insert set.

And my apologies if this was already discussed previously in this thread. I'm only caught up as far as page 400, so if it was discussed after that point, I haven't gotten there yet. :)

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
A little rough but for $1.99 shipped, I'll buy this all day long...

attachment.php

Item #171343263504

$1.99?! Are you kidding me?! Congrats on that complete steal!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I've learned a great deal about 90's inserts since subscribing to this thread, especially along the lines of backdoored cards, executive promos, and non-serial numbered cards intended to be used as replacements...thanks to all those who contribute their knowledge!

So a question for all the experts in this thread...anyone have information on any 1994 Studio Series Stars Gold non-serial numbered cards (example below)? As you can see from the back of the card, it was never given a serial number. It was listed on eBay as a "promo" but based on what I've learned here, I'm more inclined to think it was a card intended as a replacement card for actual serial numbered versions, and some of the leftover non-serial numbered cards were backdoored instead of being destroyed. Or it could just be a misprint where the serial number simply never got stamped.

View attachment 36883View attachment 36884

Anyone have any thoughts and/or an example of this card for your player? Maybe it is a promo, I just can find any info that indicates Studio produced actual promo cards for this particular insert set.

And my apologies if this was already discussed previously in this thread. I'm only caught up as far as page 400, so if it was discussed after that point, I haven't gotten there yet. :)

Great oddball. Have you held it up to the light to see if something attempted to stamp it? Kinda like 1999 Topps Gold Label and 1999 Topps Stars...

Seems like your replacement/backdoor guess was the best one. It'll be interesting to hear if anyone knows about promos.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
First copy I've seen. I didn't know this exists until now...

View attachment 36883View attachment 36884

ripken8

Nov 11, 2013
Great oddball. Have you held it up to the light to see if something attempted to stamp it? Kinda like 1999 Topps Gold Label and 1999 Topps Stars...

Seems like your replacement/backdoor guess was the best one. It'll be interesting to hear if anyone knows about promos.

Once it's in hand, I'll be able to take a closer look and report. However, from the scan, it looks pretty clean.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Alright who just scored the 98 Elite Status Larry Walker for $0.29 off COMC? It was gone as fast as I clicked it open. Crazy bargain.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
That was pure awesomeness for that to happen. Too bad a Ryno wasn't in the lot.

There is a chance it'll hit three figures. We're not as crazy as clark fans, but a couple of us can get into a nice little bidding war.

Looks like someone hit the Griffey.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts