Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I am. I haven't picked any up yet but looks like a lot of them are dirt cheap out the gate, so I hope to add some quick just in case they up. Hard to go down from 1.50/auto!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
[MENTION=3119]isotopes4[/MENTION] - Could you please provide an update on the status of the box? It made it practically to the end, but now seems stuck. I know Terry is waiting on it and excited to get it. It is May 12th and has been 10 days since we have heard anything from you. If something unfortunate has happened, I do apologize if I am being pushy about the box. Would just really appreciate it if you could fill us in on things. Thank you. Bill

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Guys, I don't understand what happened to Mike (isotopes4), but I have not heard from him and he has not checked into the site since May 8th. He mentioned on May 2nd that he got the box and he would have it shipped out on Monday, May 6th. However, it's now May 16th and [MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION] doesn't have it. So it either was lost in the mail or never got shipped.

My point of this post isn't to call Mike out or treat him as a "bad" person. It's simply to ask if a mod could take the next proactive step in perhaps contacting him via email (which I don't have), and asking him to check in and view the thread and let the rest of his peers know what's up. Maybe he doesn't receive an email when people send him a PM or reply to his posts or mention him. I know I don't, so without checking in on a regular basis, I'd never know when people were trying to contact me.
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION], could one of you try to contact him or send me his email addy and I'll do it?

Thank you!
Bill

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Guys, I don't understand what happened to Mike (isotopes4), but I have not heard from him and he has not checked into the site since May 8th. He mentioned on May 2nd that he got the box and he would have it shipped out on Monday, May 6th. However, it's now May 16th and @Lancemountain doesn't have it. So it either was lost in the mail or never got shipped.

My point of this post isn't to call Mike out or treat him as a "bad" person. It's simply to ask if a mod could take the next proactive step in perhaps contacting him via email (which I don't have), and asking him to check in and view the thread and let the rest of his peers know what's up. Maybe he doesn't receive an email when people send him a PM or reply to his posts or mention him. I know I don't, so without checking in on a regular basis, I'd never know when people were trying to contact me.
@cgilmo @A_Pharis, could one of you try to contact him or send me his email addy and I'll do it?

Thank you!
Bill

In addition, make sure he is OK. I don't know him at all but never know if something might of happened to him or something... I hope this isn't the case and maybe he is just on a long vacation or something but you just never know. I think a mod reaching out via email would be great. Hope it all gets figured out Bill!

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I know he said he moved to South Carolina to re locate for work & that his shipping address was still the same as I believe his wife stayed. So may have been a delay getting the box to him.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Next go around we should collect cell numbers and bill or whoever keeps them until needed for instances like these.

Good idea. I helped run "The Box" years ago on the old BMB. I helped with the second go-round. It worked well up until the 2nd or 3rd to last person. The Box disappeared after that. Having cell numbers would be great.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
If you guys dont mind I will; if we get a second run; to start the box from my end. Since I was the last one to have it before it went missing. If we collect cell numbers and all will like for a more senior member or a mod to keep that list.

Just let me know. Also will like to have lance and bill be the first two stops of the new box.

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I'm glad there is interest in doing this again and the idea of getting cell phone #'s seems like a good idea to me.

Unfortunately, I put most of what I had for inserts, parallels, etc., that were not of particular significance to me into the first box to get the idea rolling. Since it has not made it back to me, I really don't have anything to start this off with again, so I would have to turn the reigns for this over to someone else.

I'm still hopeful that Mike (isotopes4) will surface and has a very valid explanation for the delay, but that hope dwindles a bit with each passing day.

Latest posts