Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever seen this on ebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Sounds like someone did outbid you but canceled their bid. If you’re happy with the price then great but it could be a sign that you were shilled. Of course the seller may have canceled their bid too, maybe that bidder had horrible feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

raddison1972

Jan 4, 2013
Pearland, Texas
Just realized I needed to scroll down to see the retracted bids. Appears seller was shill bidding to see if he could push it higher, ultimately sold for more $. Still weird that ebay sent a message saying I was the high bidder when I clearly was not. I also noticed the seller was in Hong Kong...increases the risk for shady stuff in my opinion.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Just realized I needed to scroll down to see the retracted bids. Appears seller was shill bidding to see if he could push it higher, ultimately sold for more $. Still weird that ebay sent a message saying I was the high bidder when I clearly was not. I also noticed the seller was in Hong Kong...increases the risk for shady stuff in my opinion.

I’ve purchased a few times from Asia with no issues. I think many people are nervous so prices can be pretty affordable (minus shipping of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've not gotten that one, but there have been weird things with ebay lately, especially with the phone app. I had an auction that I thought I won, according to the app, but then I go to pay and find I was outbid at the last second. And I think I had one instance of the opposite where I won when I thought I missed it.

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
I've seen that several times, usually not so late in the auction. I think it is auto generated when the seller cancels a bid or the buyer does and it makes you the high bidder, regardless of whether or not you were outbid 5 seconds later. It definitely makes me suspicious about shilling.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts