Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WrestleMania thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
I am excited! For the first time in about 10+ years I'm getting together with a couple of friends and watching it. With Lesnar signing his new contract we are all hoping he keeps the title. :)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I'm hoping he retains as well.

And not only that, I'm hoping he keeps the title for as long as he's under contract. All three years.

I'm perfectly okay with having a part time champion. It elevates the secondary titles, while adding prestige to the Heavyweight title. We didn't see Hogan all the time back in the day, and when we did, it was at the very end of the show, and it made it special.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
I am looking forward to Wrestlemania (and the Raw afterwards)

Some random thoughts...

Brock Lesner over Roman Reigns
A part-time champ is OK and something to look forward to. Will we see The Rock? Will Reigns pull a Batista?

John Cena over Rusev
Yawn.
Rusev is Cartman's Rad Russian character.

The Undertaker over Bray Wyatt
Perhaps The Undertaker passes the torch to Wyatt in some way?

Sting over Triple H
Triple H has to carry Sting, but makes it look good.

Daniel Bryan in the IC Ladder Match
Why not?

Seth Rollins over Randy Orton
A face turn for Rollins after the match?

AJ Lee & Paige over the Bella Twins
The Bellas make better heels.

New Day wins the Fatal Four Way
Let's see what they can do.

Ryback wins the Andre the Giant Battle Royal
The start of a Goldberg, er Ryback push?

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I agree that Lesnar keeping the title would be "best for business". It does elevate the other straps. He is the draw right now and he pops each time is music hits. Especially when nobody knows when he will show up. Bryan as the IC champ would be nice, sets up a good run vs Ambros. Depending on how the Rollins/Orton match goes I could see Rollins trying to cash in vs the winner of the HWT match, but to be denied by Orton. Would be a fun twist. If Rollins turned face afterwards and H loses, they will have a fun run with the authority losing power again. I just hope Reigns doesn't win. They missed the boat last year when he was over more. I can see H having to carry Sting in that match due to ring rust, but it will carry the event I bet. Cena and Rusev can knock each other out of the company for all I care. So over Cena and his character. I just hope the event is good. Fast Lane was weak sauce. The three way match at Rumble for the HWT was absolutely incredible. Hopefully they can build off it. Just don't want a let down match after all this build up and the run Lesnar is on.

~AJ

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Rikishi in the HOF? I understand he's a wwe trainer now but I don't think he was ever HOF caliber. Midcarder at best.

Al Snow and Head deserves it more than Rikishi.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
He's not a trainer to my knowledge.

He spoke on the stage about running his own school with Gangrel, who was there sitting beside his family. They showed him for a second after the mention.

He said Rusev came through their school.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I don't see Rikishi as a HOFer either.

The same can be said for The Bushwackers as well IMO.

I don't really understand the general parameters involved in WWE HOF selection, but both Rikishi and Luke/Butch had much longer careers than just their stints in the WWF. The Sheepherders were practically legends before becoming cartoon parodies of themselves as the Bushwackers.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Fantastic Rhonda Rousey / Rock segment

Hopefully this leads up to a match vs Stephanie next year along with the Rock vs HHH

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Love the finish. Watching with my co-worker hoping Roman never wins and Brock legit kill him the ring. Just when both are tired from beating each other here comes Seth Rollins cashing in and takes the title. I knew it was going to happen but wonder how they will pull it off. They pulled it off. Brock retains from being a badass. Seth is weaseling bad guy champ. Brock, Reigns, and Orton are now his targets. The future is now

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
It was a great show, but 3 things "bothered" me.

1. The number of "old" guys used in the show and just how SLOW and lethargic they look. Hall, Nash, XPac, Hogan, Sting, Undertaker, etc. Heck even HBK (as my all time favorite, it pains me to say it) looks slow. I get it, they're old. So stop putting them in action sequences.

2. The Sting/HHH handshake at the end. It kind of breaks character for both of them considering the buildup & match storyline. "Hey, I'm Sting and I'm here to stop the Authority. Oh, I lost because you had 4 guys help you and hit me in the face with a sledgehammer? I respect you now, let's shake hands". Dumb.

3. The title match was off the charts great. BUT, I don't recall anyone ever cashing in the MITB briefcase mid match and all of a sudden turning it into a Triple Threat (I might be wrong). The point of the briefcase would be to cash in on whomever the champ is, not change match midway through it. Don't really care because it was a great match, but the logic seems flawed to me.