Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone here watching Basketball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
You're surprised that LBJ didn't get called for something. I'm shocked whenever LeBron does get called for something.

Probably won't ever have to piss in a cup or take a blood test, either because NBA wouldn't want to be tarnished. Can you imagine if lbj did get a urine or blood draw and was found to be dirty (and especially if it came out right after these finals?)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Probably won't ever have to piss in a cup or take a blood test, either because NBA wouldn't want to be tarnished. Can you imagine if lbj did get a urine or blood draw and was found to be dirty (and especially if it came out right after these finals?)

What are you talking about? Man the haters stay hating w/ ridiculous things.

Ryan

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I will most definitely be staying off of Sam's lawn.

I just want sports to be fun.

And it's like they're actively trying to take all the fun out of it. Can't fight in the NHL, can't play physical in the NBA, can't hit anyone hard in the NFL. They're trying to ruin baseball by speeding up the game, and implementing all these stupid new rules. Just leave it alone.

What's next, restrictor plates in NASCAR?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN

And it's like they're actively trying to take all the fun out of it. Can't fight in the NHL, can't play physical in the NBA, can't hit anyone hard in the NFL. They're trying to ruin baseball by speeding up the game, and implementing all these stupid new rules. Just leave it alone.

What's next, restrictor plates at Richmond in NASCAR?

Fixt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

What's next, restrictor plates in NASCAR?

Sounds like you enjoy violence, mmmm.....

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

I think nobody really wants these guys out there getting hurt. But, at the same time, the way things are changing is not something a lot of us are used to. Growing up, laying someone out flat in a football game was a big deal and you got a lot of admiration for that. Now...I suppose it's frowned upon. Not letting someone snake their way into the paint was no big deal...just leave their shot alone unless you could get a clean block. No touching them while they are shooting the ball(at least that was the way we played). Sliding in hard was to really break up a double play. Dude could either get out of the way, or get hurt. Those were the rules and we all just kind of played by them. Nobody got ticked off when something happened because it wasn't like a personal attack. It was just the way the game was played.

What they've done to games now seems to give a lot of the reward without the down and dirty, gritty style of play that that type of reward used to demand. Safer? Yes. But guys like Curry and Lebron have no respect for how tough shots were to make because they never had to battle like the old school guys to do it. They figure they'll just do whatever and probably collect a foul while doing it. In fact, I'd argue a lot of guys, like our very own James Harden, drive into the paint with zero(AND I MEAN ZERO) intention to actually make a shot. Their whole intention is to get fouled. And of course the contact is called. Or you can get to watch Dwight Howard or Deandre Jordan get fouled 200 times a game and go 2/200 at the line. Mainly because their too dang scared to take it to the hole with some power because they might get called for an offensive foul. The whole game now is about how to intentionally draw fouls. So much to the point where you get guys like Harden who(despite me thinking he is a decent player) has his entire game centered around just that very thing.

I don't want players injured. But I don't want them playing the system either. And that's what's going on. And that's also why in football, everybody and their grandma has 1400 yards receiving in a season. Or in baseball, breaking up a double play is almost not possible unless you're Usain Bolt.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I grew up in the 80s/90s, I have no desire to watch a team like the Pistons with close lines. There is a big difference from playing D vs playing dirty. I think the "there is no D" is overstated. I just think it is perceived that way because elbows aren't being thrown.

In football, I have no desire to have someone head or knee hunt. Hard hits all for them, attempting to really do injury, not just hurt (there is a difference) isn't needed.

Slides into second hard, go for it. Spikes aimed to injure or obvious late slides to attempt harm, no thanks.

Hockey, not my sport, been when I've watched/watch I never hope there is a fight. That's different than I hope there isn't a fight.

Ryan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
What are you talking about? Man the haters stay hating w/ ridiculous things.

Just thinking of things in an olympics way... like does the NBA test the champions at all for drugs like the olympics do right after the medal events? If LBJ pissed dirty, I suppose the cavs title won't be stripped, and then you wonder because LBJ is the face of the NBA, does he even get tested at all because it'd be bad for the Jerry West if LBJ tested positive. If you are a NBA'er, you'd want to blood dope so you're just as energtic and quick in the late 4th qtr as you are at the opening tip.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
You all are too funny to me talking like LeBron James is taking something to enhance his game. Let put it this way I am sure if you want to say that about him you can point your finger to every other superstar as well. Get over it LeBron haters he won in Cleveland and Curry forgot to show up in the finals. I rank him up where Jordan was when he was 31 as the both won 3 Championships and LeBron has 4 MVP's to Jordan's 3 at this age. Mind you I also feel LeBron was cheated out of 2 MVP's as we all know the year Kobe won it was gifted to him because they knew he had no chance after that. Then add the one Derrick Rose won when everyone was hating on him for leaving Cleveland. But lets see how his career plays out before having the debate who was better because in my eyes and he is a way better player than Kobe though he might not have his killer instinct but he is not a ball hog like him but he helps create plays for his teammates. Go ahead an bring up the Kobe has 5 rings please and I will bring up 3 of those were with Shaq in his prime who won the finals MVP's on all 3 of those years. Without Shaq, Kobe's retires with 2 rings and there is no debate who is better between Kobe and LeBron. Last I remember basketball is a team sport and we all know LeBron is a better team player than Kobe and you can argue a better team player than Jordan and Jordan never won all his by himself as Scottie was his Irvin or Wade on whoevers team you want to talk about. Something LeBron's first 7 years he never had was that 2nd star and why his first Finals was a sweep he couldn't win with no 2nd star. But the LeBron haters will always bring something up to make him less than Jordan and I believe the haters now are either huge Jordan fans or Miami fans.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
How the hell did we even get onto steroid testing of basketball players in this thread. Hate away but this is dumb, like not worth any more of my time dumb.

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure you can say Lebron is ever better than those players before him. Game was played differently. Kinda hard to 100% compare.

Steroids? Doubtful...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Not sure you can say Lebron is ever better than those players before him. Game was played differently. Kinda hard to 100% compare.

Steroids? Doubtful...

But we shouldn't really need to compare. Enjoy greatness and move on. No one ever really wins a debate on who's better esp when eras differ.

Ryan

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
But we shouldn't really need to compare. Enjoy greatness and move on. No one ever really wins a debate on who's better esp when eras differ.

Ryan

I agree but you have those people who want to compare and people who just are going to hate on him. He has been good for the sport no matter what you think about him. But when I hear people say stupid things or say the game was fixed for him to win you can then say the same thing about Golden State beating OKC but I don't hear those people crying the game was fixed about that. They won Golden State lost they will get another shot next year.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
There's been one game I have seen that I swear was fixed. It was several years ago and I think it was a player or two. Not the refs or the league or anything.

That said, trust me, when Lebron plays, I stop to watch. Just like I do when Curry plays. Or when Kobe played. Or Jordan. Fan of the player or not, those guys all are great at what they do and play the sport at its highest level at the current time. As a basketball fan, that's a treat. If anything, I get upset watching Howard miss 50 free throws a game or guys like Harden trying to get fouled into a 30 point performance. That does get on my nerves!

Members online

Latest posts