Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buy my Moustache ... Plus a Chance to WIN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Indeed a very solid investment.

The only investment I don't think is too solid is this "house building" thing in Mexico, shouldn't you be putting this money on a certain shiny Canseco card?

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Wow over $400.00 just crazy some need to show Topps this you will be hired today if they see what it's selling for they would say you can make them money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The guessing contest is now officially closed as the auction has less than an hour to go now. Thanks for participating! Once the new owner pays, I'll update everyone and let them know what it was. Please bear with me though, as I have multiple sites to see who was closest in guessing. Thanks again, guys - this has been a thrill :) Stay tuned though - The Mouschi Code will be open for everyone later this week to take a stab at for fun, as well!

Last edited:

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I'm a little bummed - after doing a lot of research, it looks like there were a few bidders that were the same person with different accounts that bid at the end. I have promised not to call out this person by name, so I won't. I have reached out to the previous top bidders to offer the card as a "best offer". Once the card is truly sold, I'll let everyone know.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It's not a far stretch from the ACEO, homemade patch and other customs that people are selling. Some of them really start approaching more of an artistic plane and with the signature on it, who knows, maybe someday his signature is actually collected as well, like other artists.

Looks like some auction manipulation may have occurred, which is too bad. I guess we'll soon see what the "real" value someone placed on the card.

Really, card collecting in general has come a long way and at some point, people probably laughed at those plunking down $500 for a baseball card.

Not insanity, just plain dumb!!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I'm a little bummed - after doing a lot of research, it looks like there were a few bidders that were the same person with different accounts that bid at the end. I have promised not to call out this person by name, so I won't. I have reached out to the previous top bidders to offer the card as a "best offer". Once the card is truly sold, I'll let everyone know.

1)Wow, you make some impressive/creative cards.Love your enthusiasm for the hobby.I really look forward coming here and reading what new card you came up with next.It's almost like you are a mad scientist in your lab always trying to create something new or innovative for all mankind.

2)Surprised someone bid that high.Good for your charity trip.

3)Damn, wish I would have seen this thread earlier.I want to know what is inside the rip card!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
1)Wow, you make some impressive/creative cards.Love your enthusiasm for the hobby.I really look forward coming here and reading what new card you came up with next.It's almost like you are a mad scientist in your lab always trying to create something new or innovative for all mankind.

2)Surprised someone bid that high.Good for your charity trip.

3)Damn, wish I would have seen this thread earlier.I want to know what is inside the rip card!

Oh don't worry - the reveal will become public, and I hope it will be fun for everyone!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
First off, I think you do some great work and the craftsmanship is stellar. I hope the money you are bringing in helps your family to alleviate the cost of the mission.

However...
This is just a little too much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Mousch...448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f503dca70

The original owner and or bidders would likely not be happy with the similar cards on the market. A one time special edition hair card I can live with but 50+ (my rough estimate) cards added to the fold at $15-$40 just seems like a bad idea.

I'm guessing that my opinion is not a popular one, but is rather one that is held by many who likely wont speak up.

Once again, I won't knock the artistry or the creativity, just seems too forced.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Sabotaged.

Yesterday afternoon, I heard my phone kaCHING a few extra times to bid my card up from $209 to $413 or $414 - Absolutely thrilling! After researching one of the bidders, it turned out they are a banned member on a forum, though I couldn't find anything negative they said.

The other person was another member on the forums, to which I reached out to letting them know I have my concerns of who is the high bidder, and they are the next in line for it.

Shortly thereafter, a new ebay member bid. They ended up being the winner. The person I reached out to wrote me back and said the following:

"Wait what? I didn't even put a bid in for it. I just checked my account and someone must have hacked into my account, someone also put a bid in for a Kris Bryant ref auto. (Which I didn't do!)"

We went back and forth for a bit, and after I told them the new buyer was in the same area, they asked for the address so they could check for me. I thought this was quite a strange offer, so I did a little more research.

Big shocker - the address of the winner was a fake. The phone number, however, was not. OOPS! I ran a search and came up with the address associated with the phone number. In an attempt to get the truth out, I told the person the address was fake, and showed them the address that came up.

Here is the next response:

"What phone # is it? That is my address. This is getting really creepy."

After my next message to them, they confessed and said they did it because they were jealous of me and my creativity. They said they were the top 3 bidders that had bid yesterday.

The next highest bidder quickly paid after I offered, thankfully, but ultimately, I was robbed of a chance of selling for between $208 and $412.

Unfortunately, I had multiple people tell me they would have paid more than I got, so I know I missed out getting the best I could for it.

Nothing is ever boring, is it? :)

I promised to keep the person's name a secret - it was a teenage girl who did all this. I mentioned that I would be proud of her if she confessed publicly online to people who did it. Though she was scared to do so, she ultimately did! Very classy move, I think.

So, that is all water under the bridge now. Going forward, I'm THRILLED that it sold and will give the exact price later, along with the winner! There were TONS of guesses about this all over the internet, so it will take a bit for me to do this.

If you have NOT won, stay tuned. I will be opening up The Mouschi Code for everyone to take. I had a fun time putting it together, and think/hope you will get a kick out of it as well. Though only rip-card owners will get a prize for completing, I do have some pieces I will be selling to help the mission trip fund.

As I have been given some lemons, in an attempt to make lemonade out of it, here are the first offerings.

The Blue auto for $15
20150713_145445sm.jpg

The Red auto for $40 (only 10 will be made.)
20150713_145506sm.jpg

How can anyone's collection be complete without an autographed card of a custom card maker?!?! :) Post here, or PM me if you want one!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
[MENTION=3164]jbhofmann[/MENTION] I hope the post I just made right after you posted yours clears up the *why*. I think we are clear from it not being a bad idea since it is a completely different card.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
First off, I think you do some great work and the craftsmanship is stellar. I hope the money you are bringing in helps your family to alleviate the cost of the mission.

However...
This is just a little too much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Mousch...448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f503dca70

The original owner and or bidders would likely not be happy with the similar cards on the market. A one time special edition hair card I can live with but 50+ (my rough estimate) cards added to the fold at $15-$40 just seems like a bad idea.

I'm guessing that my opinion is not a popular one, but is rather one that is held by many who likely wont speak up.

Once again, I won't knock the artistry or the creativity, just seems too forced.

Agreed IMO. When you make custom cards of yourself, it's just a little too much like Jose Canseco staring in the mirror at himself, admiring his biceps. Creepy and weird.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Agreed IMO. When you make custom cards of yourself, it's just a little too much like Jose Canseco staring in the mirror at himself, admiring his biceps. Creepy and weird.

I've said it before a few times, but I'm doing it at the request & suggestion of others ... plus, there is interest in them, so why would I not?

Anyway, with all that said - this is all for a good cause, and this whole thread was for a contest that I was doing for free for everyone. I'd appreciate it if we could keep this positive and light-hearted, while leaving the "creepy" "over the top" messages restricted to private messages to me if anyone feels like they need to say something. It is a free country, I know and people can say what they want on the boards, but that is my request. Thanks in advanced!

As a side note, I've gotta say, I appreciate your responses in various threads - your knowledge on odd ball stuff is great.

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
You make a card of yourself that sells for $400 ($200 unshilled) and then ask Brad to keep his comments to a PM? It just doesn't sit well.

If you want publicity, you get the praise with the criticism.

Again, I trust your intentions are for all the right reasons (mission trip), but when you add multiple copies as BINs it just seems like a cash grab.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've said it before a few times, but I'm doing it at the request & suggestion of others ... plus, there is interest in them, so why would I not?

Anyway, with all that said - this is all for a good cause, and this whole thread was for a contest that I was doing for free for everyone. I'd appreciate it if we could keep this positive and light-hearted, while leaving the "creepy" "over the top" messages restricted to private messages to me if anyone feels like they need to say something. It is a free country, I know and people can say what they want on the boards, but that is my request. Thanks in advanced! I've gotta say, I appreciate your responses in various threads - your knowledge on odd ball stuff is great.

Tanner, some (actually most) of the stuff you do I think is amazing. And I don't blame you for doing this, laugh all the way to the bank as my father used to say. This endeavor seems off to me though, maybe it is the timing of it coming right on the heels of your legendary Canseco trip and Beckett appearance. But strike when the iron is hot. When you go draw attention to yourself in public forums meant for debate, you can't censor opinions and restrict the responses to those that favor your brand. I don't resent you your opportunity to cash in, especially if it goes to your good cause, but I'd much rather buy a custom player card from you to aid the cause than a facial hair. I do hope it all has the positive outcome you envision.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Tanner, some (actually most) of the stuff you do I think is amazing. And I don't blame you for doing this, laugh all the way to the bank as my father used to say. This endeavor seems off to me though, maybe it is the timing of it coming right on the heels of your legendary Canseco trip and Beckett appearance. But strike when the iron is hot. When you go draw attention to yourself in public forums meant for debate, you can't censor opinions and restrict the responses to those that favor your brand. I don't resent you your opportunity to cash in, especially if it goes to your good cause, but I'd much rather buy a custom player card from you to aid the cause than a facial hair. I do hope it all has the positive outcome you envision.

You've said it better than I could.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
[MENTION=3164]jbhofmann[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] you both are absolutely right. I can't restrict people's comments to only positive, but it is my hope that people will respect my polite request to not do so.

I probably should have not quoted you in my previous response, gracecollector, as I was not aiming at you personally. ..I was saying that for everyone.

Anyway, everyone has the right to say whatever they want, so now that I've said my peace, If anyone wants to still voice that they don't like it for some reason, I'll just grin and bear it :)

Members online

Latest posts