Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CRUSH DAVIS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I never would've thought Davis would hit 50 HR's, except in a video game.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As a Rangers fan, I cringe every time Davis hits a homer.
Texas traded Davis and Tommy Hunter to Baltimore for Koji Uehara, who's not even with Texas anymore. :-(
But I'm happy for Davis who seems like a cool guy, and I'm glad Baltimore gave him a chance to play everyday.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
As a Rangers fan, I cringe every time Davis hits a homer.
Texas traded Davis and Tommy Hunter to Baltimore for Koji Uehara, who's not even with Texas anymore. :-(
But I'm happy for Davis who seems like a cool guy, and I'm glad Baltimore gave him a chance to play everyday.

I cringe every time we blow a lead with our bullpen and watching Koji just simply dominate the game with Boston. The trade was great, but Koji expressed his EXTREME interest in coming back to Baltimore this year b/c his kids go to school in Baltimore and Duquette balked....DUMB.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I cringe every time we blow a lead with our bullpen and watching Koji just simply dominate the game with Boston. The trade was great, but Koji expressed his EXTREME interest in coming back to Baltimore this year b/c his kids go to school in Baltimore and Duquette balked....DUMB.
Much appreciated, Mr. Duquette. I absolutely love Koji.

Congrats to Chris...I feel he always had the potential assuming he put everything together and well......he did. Plate discipline goes a long way, as noted by his OBP that is 50 points higher than his previous career high and 70 points higher than his career average before this season. I'm surprised he still gets pitched to.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I would love to see Cabrera take another triple crown but Davis has just been too good. Happy for the guy, never thought he'd amount to much after his first couple years when he looked like another Adam Dunn type of player.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
great season indeed...not to take away from it but if he doesn't come back next year with somewhat similar numbers he will forever be tied to the man his is currently tied with in O's history

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
great season indeed...not to take away from it but if he doesn't come back next year with somewhat similar numbers he will forever be tied to the man his is currently tied with in O's history

Not really. Everyone saw Davis power potential before this year. He gave a mini display of it his first year in Texas and he absolutely dominated the minors. His totals from 2009-2011 in AAA were 762 AB - .332 AVG 44 HR and an OPS way over 1.000....He also hit 33 HR last year.

My point being, the power and strength were always there. Brady Anderson was never projected to hit more than 20 HR in a season and out of nowhere (for reasons we know) he hit 50...

I think this will be the pinnacle of Chris Davis' career though. I really seem him as a Ryan Howard type hitter. I would love for him to stay in Baltimore b/c he's a great guy...but I certainly wouldn't want the Orioles to pay him $20 million a year to stay.

Members online