Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crue: September 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
What I should have realized earlier when I said HOU manager picked Cole over Verlander is that might be a hint he is picking Cole for G1 of the playoffs. Not sure but that makes sense if he thinks Cole is better to have him go G1/4/7 and Verlander go G2/5. Somehow I assumed all year it would be the other way around.

If anyone is paying attention Panini finally released the checklist for National Treasures, it's a nightmare. Wakefield gets a release in a "higher end" product and it's gonna cost me a fortune. He's on one card that's an 8 person abomination booklet, it's a "rivals" cards with 4 Yankees and 4 Sox players. I'll avoid most of the big names that would drive prices sky high but a lot of team collectors will be trouble enough. Cards look nice overall from what I've seen.

Best of luck pulling it then! :grouphug: might be your only chance...

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I'd definitely go with JV over Cole for the game 1 start. He has a ton of postseason inning and stats that are as good, if not better than his regular season numbers. Nothing against Cole but he has a much shorter and less impressive postseason track record. Ride your hoss in the playoffs I say.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
AJ Hinch must be happy how stacked this team is, their 3rd best pitch Zack Greinke just pitched a nono into the 9th. :-|

Hinch is the first of the Donruss Crusaders to win a WS as manager, and he might also be the second!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well man, I wish you lots of luck chasing that one.

For me, these new releases are just too much and, with a few exceptions, I just don't do them anymore. For Wakefield it might be almost manageable, but for those of use weirdos that collect HOF second basemen whose best rookie is 1988 score traded glossy, well that's a different matter. Maybe you know what I mean? :)

If anyone is paying attention Panini finally released the checklist for National Treasures, it's a nightmare. Wakefield gets a release in a "higher end" product and it's gonna cost me a fortune. He's on one card that's an 8 person abomination booklet, it's a "rivals" cards with 4 Yankees and 4 Sox players. I'll avoid most of the big names that would drive prices sky high but a lot of team collectors will be trouble enough. Cards look nice overall from what I've seen.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Speaking of managers, you know who was a snub to the RC Crusades?

1mss74.jpg

Yes, that's right... a young Aaron Boone.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well man, I wish you lots of luck chasing that one.

For me, these new releases are just too much and, with a few exceptions, I just don't do them anymore. For Wakefield it might be almost manageable, but for those of use weirdos that collect HOF second basemen whose best rookie is 1988 score traded glossy, well that's a different matter. Maybe you know what I mean? :)

You guys will know the day I've ascended to a position of power in the Topps company... there will be some bizarrely unattainable release, such as a Ruth/Gehrig/Alomar/Wakefield quad-auto. :lol:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Now you're just being mean. Stop being that way. You'll pay for it in the next life.

You guys will know the day I've ascended to a position of power in the Topps company... there will be some bizarrely unattainable release, such as a Ruth/Gehrig/Alomar/Wakefield quad-auto. :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Now you're just being mean. Stop being that way. You'll pay for it in the next life.

:lol:

It would be especially funny for the non-FCBer who would pull the card. They would at side 1 and see the Ruth/Gehrig autos, suspecting Cobb/Williams on the other side... only to turn it over and see Wakefield/Alomar and be utterly confused. :-D

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Oh jeez. I didn't see the middle name.
[MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION] You need to see this. Dick Cummings Wakefield. If you don't start a new PC right this second, shame on you :)

You had me at Dick, but when I saw his middle name on there I was 9001% convinced even more. :cool:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Horrible parents, I understand it was a different time but there's no way that wasn't a widely known joke. Where I grew up there was a mom and pop convenience store and the guys name was Richard Small...how do reasonable people allow that to happen!? Had a garage in the next town, dudes name was Swett...Richard Swett. I just don't understand, it's just like the song I guess, "a boy named sue" had to make them tough.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
You didn't by chance grow up in Intercourse Pennsylvania did you? Or Blue Ball Pennsylvania?

I've taken selfies at the welcome-to-town signs in both those towns by the way. Just had to.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Easily the best intersection I've ever been to. I don't think there's a better combo in the country. (but would like to see one if you can think of it)

438956397_750x422.png

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The seemingly always hurt Carlos Correa is done until playoffs due to injury, we have only seen the tip of the iceburg with him... hits FA in 2022 so there's time for him to up his value still.

Latest posts