Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cutting a card from a magazine insert?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onions

Dec 8, 2014
North Dakota
Just wondering what the best way is to cut this card from the magazine page? Its made from card stock, not thin paper. A scissors seems like it would cause some damage. I don't have one of those big guillotine paper cutters either. Scalpel/exacto and straight edge?

20170212_090301.jpg

If someone has any ideas or experience with this, I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Exacto-knife and ruler or something like this if you wanna splurge:
a18349cf915a259205bf9dd6a2e8137d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Scissors work fine in my opinion, if you have a steady hand. I would have more fear of a large paper cutter because sometimes those things do make the cut. Exactos require constant pressure and that can cause OPC type cuts if the blade is getting dull or you don't keep the pressure on. The key is to make sure you are working with new, sharp tools regardless.

I have cut many magazine cards, hostess, etc and have not had any issues with the cuts themselves other than my ability to keep a straight line! Of course, I am a collector who is not concerned with potential to grade a card like that either.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
A place like Kinkos/Fed Ex , Staples may have cutting machines you can use as well.

Don't they do it for you for a small fee? And if my old man memory is OK, I think they used some kinda laser-guided thing to make it precise.

I seem to remember guys used to use it for the "Legends" Magazine inserts...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Don't they do it for you for a small fee? And if my old man memory is OK, I think they used some kinda laser-guided thing to make it precise.

I seem to remember guys used to use it for the "Legends" Magazine inserts...
Not sure on fee, but I think they do a pretty good job. I have some things I may take.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Onions

Dec 8, 2014
North Dakota
I'm going to hopefully get a chance to check with my local Kinko's tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation. Never would have thought to go there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts