Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Super Serious Thread: What do you not like about FCB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love ya Clint but your response falls into my first issue listed.

The reason I mentioned him by name was because theres no point in trying to say "the guy with 31000+ posts." Everyone would know who it is already.

In my post I said I had no issue with Eric personally but the majority of his posts are either "THANKS TOPPS, +1 or NIIIICCCEEE". Sorry but that, imo and apparently others, doesnt equate to quality content. (I wont go as far as saying it's trolling, however.)

You took what I and others said way too personal.

I didnt take it personal I escalated your complaints to a red level response. We both know when things I disagree with or don't like are said I take it up notches. I do this with everything it's how I communicate.

We all have the right to dislike others posts! You know I feel that way. I make my displeasure known as much as possible.. but This isn't the thread to do so! I didn't feel the responses approach the issue constructively. So I attempted to squash them.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I like the @ tag. Certainly helps when looking out for folks.
I like folks that PM me about JJ stuff. Especially ones that aren't in my usual grouping of folks that I'm in daily contact with.
I like the generosity of the MT members. Glad I am a small part of that 'group'.
I like the true player collectors and their love for their collection and for the folks who collect the same player or team, their willingness and unselfishness in trying to help someone else's collection.
I like [MENTION=1804]notjomommasclint[/MENTION], [MENTION=1727]ThoseBackPages[/MENTION], [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] & so many more members on here and hearing their jokes, opinions and just randomness.
I like the friendships I've forged with folks on here that I hope will last a lifetime, or until I make another shower video.

I'm not a fan of some folks piss moaning about Player Collector threads and when their updated to the top of the baseball talk forum. Oh, I'm sorry, I won't show my cards so the one post I consistently post in won't be in your way of another XXXXX fest about Leaf or whatever else is the flavor of the week. It's been said before, if you don't like a post or said post's content, skip over it.

I'm not a fan of there not being a chat "night". I'd say giveaway's, to attract more folks, but I wouldn't mind having either a chat here or on Ustream / BlogTV once a week. A couple hours. Sorta like a FCB "Discussion" Night or just something where folks can chat and b.s. and get to know each other better.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
I find it full of hilarity in a thread where negativity and bullying is being complained about people are taking shots at Eric. Lets pretend Eric's one word posts aren't welcome.. Who the XXXX makes you people the content police? Have you all shared so much wisdom and cardosity that we should weigh your greatness? Seriously post your merits or XXXX your asses.

Gilmo is the content police. Also, nobody it 'taking shots' - relax. I think we've laid out our issues in a very thorough manner. Hell, I even complimented the guy & the best he could do was troll me some more. I must be swimming upstream here, as the morning thread dudes or whomever will come to his support for whatever reason. But I'm sure I'll get more PMs from people agreeing with me. It doesn't matter. The point of my original post wasn't to single out one dude. The board has gone downhill for numerous reasons, many of which have already been laid out. I've become so disenfranchised with this place that I've recently signed up at blowout, something I didn't think I'd ever do. :p

God help us all.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I like the @ tag. Certainly helps when looking out for folks.
I like folks that PM me about JJ stuff. Especially ones that aren't in my usual grouping of folks that I'm in daily contact with.
I like the generosity of the MT members. Glad I am a small part of that 'group'.
I like the true player collectors and their love for their collection and for the folks who collect the same player or team, their willingness and unselfishness in trying to help someone else's collection.
I like [MENTION=1804]notjomommasclint[/MENTION], [MENTION=1727]ThoseBackPages[/MENTION], [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] & so many more members on here and hearing their jokes, opinions and just randomness.
I like the friendships I've forged with folks on here that I hope will last a lifetime, or until I make another shower video.

I'm not a fan of some folks piss moaning about Player Collector threads and when their updated to the top of the baseball talk forum. Oh, I'm sorry, I won't show my cards so the one post I consistently post in won't be in your way of another XXXXX fest about Leaf or whatever else is the flavor of the week. It's been said before, if you don't like a post or said post's content, skip over it.

I'm not a fan of there not being a chat "night". I'd say giveaway's, to attract more folks, but I wouldn't mind having either a chat here or on Ustream / BlogTV once a week. A couple hours. Sorta like a FCB "Discussion" Night or just something where folks can chat and b.s. and get to know each other better.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwe!

I love that [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] eats Yadier Molina cards on video.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
A few things...

1. I originally came here to trade, but I can't. We have player collectors and prospectors here. Player collectors have way more of their own guy than I do, so what do I have to offer them? On the flip side, I have way more of my guy, so what do they have to offer me? Hence, no trading. Same deal with prospectors...I don't buy prospect heavy product, and they don't have a bunch of old Mo Vaughn inserts, vintage Spahn, or parallels from old sets I'm working on. Hence, no trading. Without a larger trading community (or a wider variety, I should say) trades are few and far in between. Sooooooooo.....

2. I rely on informative threads that further my knowledge of the hobby to keep me interested and coming back to this site. For me it's the "Super Sweet 90's Inserts" and "Frank Thomas Collectors" threads mostly. Threads that have been around as long as these always seem to produce the most amazing, "insider" information. Also, the Coastal/Fanbro thread from a couple months back was good because it gave me some insight into a small but infamous bit of hobby history. I actually learn stuff from these kinds of threads...stuff that I can often use. I appreciate the 50 billion threads where people post pics of their recent pickups, but I don't really know what to do with all that except go "Ooooooh" and "Ahhhhhhh." I'm not bashing those who like to post their pickups...I've done it too...but I need something a little more mentally stimulating. I guess that's not something the mods can do anything about, though. That needs to be user generated content. If the majority of the people here want to post pics of their collections all day long, then I guess that's what we'll mostly have to choose from.

3. The baseball forum feels a bit messy and unorganized to me. I feel like it takes forever to sort through a ton of random stuff before I get to something more geared toward my interests.

4. All the negativity that people keep citing as a reason for lack of participation...yeah negativity and personal attacks suck but that's life in the 21st century. Many people are bitter, angry, impatient, and intolerant in this day and age and that's what those kind of people do...they treat others like $#!T. I don't like it any more than you do but it's something you just have to find a way of ignoring. If you can't ignore it then there really is no safe haven for you on any discussion board anywhere. I understand your argument, but no mod anywhere can eliminate that kind of thing.

That's all. Thanks.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm overly dramatic at times, but I need to say this. It comes down to this: Any forum you go to is going to have the bickering and the name-calling and the immature. ANY forum. If you have mods that try to be an ass-**** (heh, I like that term), then it's just going to completely deplete traffic. If you cannot stand the "drama" then avoid the topics that usually carry it. It's not hard to figure out which threads do....which thread is more likely to carry the least amount of drama?

"Have you seen the new listings by Leaf?"
"Any advice on what to do in my situation?"
"Post your favorite card from the 90's?"

Point is...it's very easy to avoid the "bickering" and "insulting" on FCB. You know what threads (most of the time) are going to contain it. It's your CHOICE whether you read it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online