Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry, didn't see the card replacing the chipper that was to be approved. PLMK Thanks
To Steve and others, just so it is known, I just post the claimer in the sheet, so if in this instance, it is not approved, I will remove that person from the sheet.
In addition, to answer steve, I think Andy was using the triple bat of Puckett Winfield and Smith as the replacement, but confirm that with Andy please

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Geez, guess I would be banned then! LOL. J/K, Rum.

I owe an item and am well aware of it. I haven't put anything up b/c I am just waiting for a card show to come around so I can pick up some nice pieces to add to the thread that I think others will want. I'm not going anywhere and I will post more items. Has nothing to do with not caring about the thread or respecting the members. In fact, two of the items I took weren't even for me. They were for gifting to other members. So I certainly do care about other members (although, I did keep one of them b/c I changed my mind on it for several reasons that I won't go into).

Wasn't referring to you, looks like there was a couple people who claimed items & then disappeared. Got their items and haven't been back to the thread since. Obviously looked to be their intentions to get something nice for free & bail

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Wasn't referring to you, looks like there was a couple people who claimed items & then disappeared. Got their items and haven't been back to the thread since. Obviously looked to be their intentions to get something nice for free & bail
I warned a member about a claimer of their item, so far it looks like I was right about them, wish I would have been wrong.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Musial Collector, it's not too much of a hassle, will you please remove the following items from the list:

Neil Walker TTT on February 23
Freddy Sanchez on February 23
Matt Wieters bobblehead on February 27

I included these as "throw-ins" for the other items that were claimed, and therefore, it wouldn't be fair to those who claimed them to have to put up multiple items in return.

This should still keep me a couple items up on the "put up" to "claimed" ratio.

Thank you very much for all the work on the spreadsheet!

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
To Steve and others, just so it is known, I just post the claimer in the sheet, so if in this instance, it is not approved, I will remove that person from the sheet.
In addition, to answer steve, I think Andy was using the triple bat of Puckett Winfield and Smith as the replacement, but confirm that with Andy please

Its whatever the group thinks as fine. I honestly can go with the flow. Since Tony's card was so nice, I had simply hoped to come close to matching it as best I could or fairly close. Doing some research I'm not 100% on the chippers value. I bought it for my braves pc a couple years ago for $85 from a board member. Looking at a another premier ended at $30 dlvd that did have some yellow, but the other patches didn't seem as nice and it was /95, my version is /10. I honestly think its still worth close to what I paid.

I was simply hoping to continue with Tonys card and have someone add other higher end new cards to the mix. Looking at the triple bat $13-26 is what two have gone for.

Like I said, I'm pretty easy.....whatever the group thinks is fine.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Re: Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Its whatever the group thinks as fine. I honestly can go with the flow. Since Tony's card was so nice, I had simply hoped to come close to matching it as best I could or fairly close. Doing some research I'm not 100% on the chippers value. I bought it for my braves pc a couple years ago for $85 from a board member. Looking at a another premier ended at $30 dlvd that did have some yellow, but the other patches didn't seem as nice and it was /95, my version is /10. I honestly think its still worth close to what I paid.

I was simply hoping to continue with Tonys card and have someone add other higher end new cards to the mix. Looking at the triple bat $13-26 is what two have gone for.

Like I said, I'm pretty easy.....whatever the group thinks is fine.

Its OK, I'm throwing more stuff up but I'll remove my claim on the chipper and let another take a shot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Let me just clarify, as I want this thread to continue to move smoothly and don't want any feathers ruffled or this thread to ever have drama. I don't expect an $80 card for the chipper. I don't know if I even lived up to the killer with it and the rizzutos (which I am surprised neither has been claimed), maybe I need to add and perhaps it would be better to add a few 30,40,50 cards instead. I am just trying to continue the thread moving forward with something in the same ballpark...

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

Ok, I was next in line on the Chipper so how bout this. I'll claim the chipper and put this Votto triple patch 2/3 up. $65 card. ONLY, if the Chipper is sent to Wolfman.

scan0009.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Let me just clarify, as I want this thread to continue to move smoothly and don't want any feathers ruffled or this thread to ever have drama. I don't expect an $80 card for the chipper. I don't know if I even lived up to the killer with it and the rizzutos (which I am surprised neither has been claimed), maybe I need to add and perhaps it would be better to add a few 30,40,50 cards instead. I am just trying to continue the thread moving forward with something in the same ballpark...

I have every faith that Steve will keep it going in the right direction as far as value/cards go. He knows what the Killebrew is worth and is trying not to turn one big card into 6-7 $20 cards unless that's what it comes to, or is preferred. I see no issue here. And who knows, maybe Andy still turns something up that he forgot about and lands it after all?

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Here's the first piece of original art, as requested by cmixer. Let me know if you want to claim it.

NEAT stuff.
But, Let me pass on all the art for now. Thanks, all.
I got something up my sleeve to offer-up later.
I'll find something to claim on another day.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Re: Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Ok, I was next in line on the Chipper so how bout this. I'll claim the chipper and put this Votto triple patch 2/3 up. $65 card. ONLY, if the Chipper is sent to Wolfman.

scan0009.jpg

Its yours man :)

I'm trying to find stuff that I am going to be okay with taking out of the PC. Everything I own is in a personal collection and usually when I acquire anything else that's worth more than 5 dollars I sell it or give it away. So I don't have much that aren't solid PC items.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Not sure if this will appeal to someone, and not sure what the going rate is on it (no completed sales lately), but similar cards of his are $30-50. Any Taiwanese or Dodgers collectors? It's his rookie, #/100.

kuo04PH.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

I'm trying to find stuff that I am going to be okay with taking out of the PC. Everything I own is in a personal collection and usually when I acquire anything else that's worth more than 5 dollars I sell it or give it away. So I don't have much that aren't solid PC items.

It was mine until the last line of my post :). If my claim is approved, its coming your way. The fact that you felt bad for beating me to it makes me want to ensure you receive it for your PC.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

It was mine until the last line of my post :). If my claim is approved, its coming your way. The fact that you felt bad for beating me to it makes me want to ensure you receive it for your PC.

I really appreciate the gesture, but its really not necessary. I know it would fit greatly into your PC as well, and that you showed how much you would like to own it.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

Please send Steve your address bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts