Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**************** Morning Thread ************ 11/15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Morning all. Happy National Clean out your Fridge Day. I really need to do that. Have a great day.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Morning fellas. Another Friday, another 10 hours of OT. Only 8 tomorrow though :)

Due to part shortages, we may only get Thanksgiving day off, instead of a 5 day weekend. Was REALLY looking forward to 5 days off. Hoping and praying parts arrive soon!

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

attachment.php

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
So I went down and visited the other Dawson collector yesterday. First off I took a pic with the button card and he had no idea the fuss this card would cause. He has almost doubled his money on that button card already and he said he got a message from a bidder that said he would win that card no matter the price. He has one more button card, a Panini National Treasure. [MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION] I also took a picture with the 1988 Topps Originals Auto. It is the only card that has not been paid for out of his first lot of 50. I told him if it goes unpaid for then I would buy it for the selling price. [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] He has about 15 of those 1/1 Sterling Jumbos. He has a ton of tag relics! I think some of his collection was bought from Craig [MENTION=2821]Loyalty32[/MENTION] I think this because I purchased a box from him yesterday that has probably over 100 Andre Dawson checklist cards and I do not know anyone else that would have had a collection like that. In the same box were also a good amount of cards that Dawson's name was mentioned on the back of and I am going to work on getting the variations. There was also a lot of different 1988 Cubs schedules backs in the same box as well as a bunch of Dawson gaming cards, some that I have never seen before. I also bought all of his Dawson base cards, about 2,400. His collection was simply amazing and he was a super nice guy. He allowed my dad, my girlfriend and myself to come into his house and view his collection. I looked at his collection for about 2 1/2 hours and left because he was going to have to start getting ready for work. He has some Dawson cards with serious depth in some small print runs. He has some sick patches also. He also had a card of Andre Dawson and Gary Carter that was made of solid wood, it was sweet! He was not interested in trading as he is selling but he did allow me to buy over 20 premium cards from him yesterday. So here goes some pics including the auctions that I won on Tuesday.

1997 Fleer Tiffany. This is one of the Dawson playing career cards I was missing.
scan0095.jpg

2013 Topps ROY Award Winners Trophy:
scan0094.jpg

2008 SP Legendary Cuts. I have this one with a stripe so I picked this one up without the stripe:
scan0097.jpg

2005 Topps Rookie Cup Reprints Chrome Refractor #4 /15
scan0096.jpg

2005 Finest Blank Back. The back is silver and shows beautifully the embossment from the front.
scan0093.jpg

2012 SP Signature Enshrinement Signatures [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 2[/URL] /50
scan0098.jpg

2005 Sweet Spot Classics Signature Sticks [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 5[/URL] /35
scan0099.jpg

2011 Topps Triple Threads Unity Relics Sepia #5 /27
scan0100.jpg

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Swatch Triple Prime Red [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 3[/URL] /15
scan0101.jpg

2005 Prime Cuts MLB Icons Material Jersey Number Prime #6 /10
scan0102.jpg

2010 ITG Famous Fabrics First Edition Double Memorabilia Dawson/Sandberg #4 /9
scan0103.jpg

Five new 2005 Studio Portraits:
[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 6[/URL] /40
scan0083.jpg

[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 3[/URL] /35
scan0084.jpg

[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 4[/URL] /25
scan0085.jpg

#2 /15
scan0086.jpg

#9 /10
scan0087.jpg

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Gold #75 /75
scan0074.jpg

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Patch #5 0/50
scan0075.jpg

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Patch Gold #4 /10
scan0076.jpg

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Autograph #2 1/25
scan0077.jpg

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Autograph Gold #8 /10
scan0078.jpg

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Autograph Material #8 /25
scan0080.jpg

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Autograph Material w/ Stripe #1 /25
scan0079.jpg

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Classic Careers Autograph Material Gold #1 /10
scan0081.jpg

2005 SP Legendary Cuts Legendary Lineage Autograph Patch Gold #3 /5
scan0082.jpg

2003 Donruss Signature Legends of Summer Autographs Notations Decade #8 /10
scan0091.jpg

2003 Donruss Signature Legends of Summer Autographs Notations Decade #8 /10
scan0092.jpg

2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Decade #4 /10
scan0088.jpg

2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Autographs Notations Decade #9 /10
scan0089.jpg

2003 Donruss Signature Team Trademarks Autographs Notations Decade #2 /10
scan0090.jpg

2011 ITG Heroes and Prospects Heroes Jerseys Gold # Not Serial Numbered Print Run 1
scan0106.jpg

2004 Leaf Certified Cuts Marble Material Black Position #1 /1
scan0105.jpg

2004 SP Legendary Cuts Significant Fact Memorabilia #4 98 Career Triples #1 /1
scan0104.jpg

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good morning gents! So glad it's Friday.

Hawk - Cool story. It's too bad it's such a massive collection that you can't get it all... At least you got some cool stuff and even some of his eBay cards.

Did you tell him you sell your motorcycle for a crack at that button card? ;)

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

A_Pharis

Great pick-ups, [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]

I do, however, think I have some bad news for you. That blank back looks like a soaked fake "proof". People put those old refractors in boiling water to get the paper off. YOu see them sold on eBay as "proofs" a lot.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - Cool story. It's too bad it's such a massive collection that you can't get it all... At least you got some cool stuff and even some of his eBay cards.

---

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Hawk - Cool story. It's too bad it's such a massive collection that you can't get it all... At least you got some cool stuff and even some of his eBay cards.

---

It did come up in the conversation that I was willing to sell my motorcycle to pick up some more of his collection. I was hoping he would just be interested in the motorcycle and I could trade it to him but it did not spark any interest. He had a Dawson name plate booklet with two expos patches on it also.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Great pick-ups, @Hawk8

I do, however, think I have some bad news for you. That blank back looks like a soaked fake "proof". People put those old refractors in boiling water to get the paper off. YOu see them sold on eBay as "proofs" a lot.

I did not know what to call it so that is just what I called it. I paid between $3 and $5 for the card so I am not too worried about it. I had never seen anything like it before and it looks so cool with no back on it, but thanks for the information, I know not to go around snatching them up if I see anymore lol. Also this guys has a ton of Recollection autos and not just one of each, he has depth. If the card is serial numbered to 3 he has 2 of them or if it serial numbered to 12 he has 6 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts