Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would be the most valuable card in the last 10 years that has yet to surface?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
There are a number of 1/1 HOF cut autos from 2004 Topps Tribute that I am dying to see, guys that have not had cut autos in any other product.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Were there any dual 1/1 in Sweet Spot Classic? (for example Ruth/Gehrig signing same ball or something)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know about being in a Topps employees possession but I'll bet a regular collector pulled the damn thing and kept his trap shut because he didn't want people to go all Wossa on him. If I pulled it, I'd never tell.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I don't know about being in a Topps employees possession but I'll bet a regular collector pulled the damn thing and kept his trap shut because he didn't want people to go all Wossa on him. If I pulled it, I'd never tell.

"So I was at the hobby shop buying packs of 06 bdpp and there packs in this monster sick ebay 1/1 came out. how'd I do for my first time buying cards?"

That's about how the post about it would go

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well to be honest, a guy would have to be a fool to come here and talk about it unless he had already decided to sell. I didn't pull the card as I wasn't collecting at the time but if I had, I'd keep it. The last thing I would want is people bugging me every five minutes about it.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Well to be honest, a guy would have to be a fool to come here and talk about it unless he had already decided to sell. I didn't pull the card as I wasn't collecting at the time but if I had, I'd keep it. The last thing I would want is people bugging me every five minutes about it.

Longoria isn't the end all be all of baseball players. Every year in and year out the top prospect supers get pulled and listed and scanned and paraded around. Longo isn't that special to have this type of secrecy.

It either got pulled early and tucked into a collection, pulled by a rube and tossed/packed into a box or still in a pack.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Longoria isn't the end all be all of baseball players. Every year in and year out the top prospect supers get pulled and listed and scanned and paraded around. Longo isn't that special to have this type of secrecy.

It either got pulled early and tucked into a collection, pulled by a rube and tossed/packed into a box or still in a pack.

Of course he isn't. But if somebody had pulled it at the time it came out, he was as good as gold. My point is, and you said the same thing yourself, there are times when things get pulled by people who just keep it and call it a day.

The Card Shop

Apr 16, 2013
Makes me think of this photo that surfaced a while ago, ya just never know how many are "really" out there ;-)

superduper.jpg

Attachments

• superduper.jpg
    superduper.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 44

Jon30b

Feb 17, 2012
Jim Thorpe 2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Swatch Single Jumbo Prime Red 1/1

The Jumbo Prime Black 1/1 sold for around $10,000.00 around the first couple years of the products release I believe. I've never seen the 1/1 Red version surface anywhere. Anybody have a pic of the Jumbo Black version? I searched google images but nothing came up.

I just bought a hobby box, so fingers crossed...

bjk4343

Jul 31, 2012
Southern California
For sure the answer is the Longo Super. If you are thinking of opening some of this let me be the first to warn you. Houdini did 2 case breaks of this and it was painful to watch. If you don't get a Kershaw or Longoria Auto you are in big trouble.

Not planning on ripping. Just curiosity with all of the 1/1's cuts being released in high end products.

Latest posts