Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~^~^~^~^~ Saturday Morning Thread ^~^~^~^~^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Morning, just finished my lineup for the 5th/6th grade team I'm coaching. I tried throwing 6 different kids for 1 inning each last game and we won 5-3, so I am going to try it again. I really like that it gives lots of kids a chance to get on the mound and if they all throw strikes, why not? I print the lineup out and hang it on a clipboard in the dugout so I don't have to tell them when they are batting or where they are playing each inning.

Lineup#1ST2ND3RD4TH5TH6th
Tommy13BSSPOUTCC
Anthony2LFRF3BRFOUT3B
JakeM3POUTCCLF2B
Brian4CF1BLFOUT3B1B
JakeP5OUT3B2BPSSRF
Ryan61BPOUTCF1BLF
Pat7RF2BOUTLF2BCF
Jack8SSOUT1B3BPSS
Michael92BLFRF2BRFOUT
AJ10CCSSSSOUTP

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good Morning Everyone

Left home at 8:30 AM yesterday, get back at Noon today. Wake me up when the Phillies actually score! Ugh...:(

Did anybody see that Penn State pulled off TWO triple plays vs. Sparty? Same SS turned both of 'em too!

I saw that on Sport Center's top 10 last night.

Morning! Will repost made my day last night when I found 8, 40% silver WW2 nickels, along with three 1930s buffalo nickels!

Yesterday, ripped another box of Star Wars chrome. The force is strong with this one :)

001_zps596a61c0.jpg

Congrats on the coins, card, and lineup card.

Morning, just finished my lineup for the 5th/6th grade team I'm coaching. I tried throwing 6 different kids for 1 inning each last game and we won 5-3, so I am going to try it again. I really like that it gives lots of kids a chance to get on the mound and if they all throw strikes, why not? I print the lineup out and hang it on a clipboard in the dugout so I don't have to tell them when they are batting or where they are playing each inning.

Lineup#1ST2ND3RD4TH5TH6th
Tommy13BSSPOUTCC
Anthony2LFRF3BRFOUT3B
JakeM3POUTCCLF2B
Brian4CF1BLFOUT3B1B
JakeP5OUT3B2BPSSRF
Ryan61BPOUTCF1BLF
Pat7RF2BOUTLF2BCF
Jack8SSOUT1B3BPSS
Michael92BLFRF2BRFOUT
AJ10CCSSSSOUTP

Very cool!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
my oldest G/S in lead off batter , he's eight and this is his fourth year playing . Sadly there are several that can't hit at that age .
Checked out your names and only one matches ours LOL

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I tried throwing 6 different kids for 1 inning each last game and we won 5-3, so I am going to try it again. I really like that it gives lots of kids a chance to get on the mound and if they all throw strikes, why not?

Maybe Ryno should try this. It might solve the offense and bullpen problems at all once! :lol:

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Maybe Ryno should try this. It might solve the offense and bullpen problems at all once! :lol:

Yeah and have all the fielders change positions every inning. Would love to see Ryan Howard play some shortstop.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Its graduation this weekend here and my cousin is graduating high school tomorrow, and then there are all of the high school graduation parties that I have to go to as well.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Just found out the wife is having a Mary Kay party in 2.5 hours. I am outta here. Time to find something to do.

This one snuck in on me. She asked me to clean up my card area. First clue something was going on.

Mellowturtle

Feb 3, 2014
Barry, I was excited because all 3 dates are still readable! Coins are one of my other passions! I get excited over finding a wheat penny!

I work at the airport in Atlanta, and have at least 6 registers under my watch everyday. I've trained my employees what to look for and I'm usually there when a new roll of coins is cracked open. I'm constantly amazed what winds up in these rolls that we get straight from the bank. Last night I cracked open a roll of pennies and pulled out an Indian head penny with a barely readable date of 1872. I've pulled hundreds of coins out over the last 4 years, but that's the oldest date I've found. I did pull find a shield nickel (minted from 1866-1883) last year, but alas, no readable date on that one. ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1400342012.831476.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1400342059.533262.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I work at the airport in Atlanta, and have at least 6 registers under my watch everyday. I've trained my employees what to look for and I'm usually there when a new roll of coins is cracked open. I'm constantly amazed what winds up in these rolls that we get straight from the bank. Last night I cracked open a roll of pennies and pulled out an Indian head penny with a barely readable date of 1872. I've pulled hundreds of coins out over the last 4 years, but that's the oldest date I've found. I did pull find a shield nickel (minted from 1866-1883) last year, but alas, no readable date on that one. View attachment 35359View attachment 35360

Very nice!

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Well, wife's party was postponed. So, it's back to my original plan of slab/PC sorting and getting ready for a massive eBay sale. Sorting is my LEAST favorite part of the hobby. Dunno why, but I dislike sorting. Don't have the patience for it.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Morning everyone

Awesome hit Ty!

Wife is settling into her first week on the job. She had yesterday off and is back today and all (long) weekend. I'll be home to do the housework and watch sports lol. I just put Major League on (Netflix Canada) but am quickly going to flip to the Hockey Night (Afternoon %&!@ing ?!?!?!??)in Canada Eastern Conference Final Game 1
GO HABS!

EDIT

Oh Ya, GO WEIR AND DeLAET!!!
Live on the Golf Channel

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Eh there Jesse!

let us know when you are done sorting Steve. Maybe a few MTers will need a card or two?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Eh there Jesse!

let us know when you are done sorting Steve. Maybe a few MTers will need a card or two?

I will Dan. There not much I think the MT fellas will want. It's mostly a large chrome auto lot I purchased to flip. Looked like a good deal and I can always use extra PC money. Going to put it all into a spreadsheet, so I'll copy/paste it here for everyone.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Also have a lot of stuff to put in the free thread. Just finding time to do that, is proving difficult. Bon the rare occasion I get a day like today, where I don't have to do anything, it's hard to find the motivation to do anything at all lol.

Members online

Latest posts