Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~Good Wednesday Morning Thread~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Good morning, dentist appt this morning then a well needed day off. Going to my buddies later tonight to help him prepare for the event I volunteer at every year. This year the event is on Sunday, and Fergie Jenkins is the announced guest, but they usually average about 30 sports figures/musicians/actors

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Morning fellas. Going to be a long day here. The first 5-7 hours will be spent doing absolutely nothing. Love getting paid for nothing, but makes the day last forever.

My wife asked me a question the other day, and it's been weighing I me since, because I didn't have an answer.

"What are you going to do if Hosmer doesn't re-sign with KC in two years, and ends up in NY or Boston."

Thanks wife for putting the negative aspect into my Hosmer collection. Love the way the kid plays, and still believe he can hit 25+ hr, with a high average and nice periphs. I could not continues collecting him in any jersey, that doesn't say KC though. A lot of pondering to do.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all
attachment.php

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good Morning Everyone!

I have been virtually absent from FCB for the past six weeks. For the first three weeks I was doing a job near Chicago and staying in a hotel that I couldn't keep a device connected to their wifi and I don't have a lot of data on my plan so I don't use data unless I am on wifi. Probably going to go get some data added to my plan today though. For those that I am friends with on Facebook, you know that I then I went on a three week road trip with my son. We went to St. Louis and toured the arch and watch the Cubs play in St. Louis. We blew a ninth inning lead and lost in extra innings on a error. I was livid with the Cubs and couldn't even get out of my seat and then my son looks over at me and says "at least we had a good time" and put back in perspective that it was only a game. We went to Springfield and visited Abraham Lincoln's tomb and toured his museum. We went to the Illinois State Military Museum. We then went to Chicago for Season Ticket Holder Family Day. I wasn't able to attend last year and this was so special for me. I was able to go on the field, run the bases, go through both club houses and dugouts, and visit the press box. There were other things to do also like take batting practice, but there just wasn't enough time for me to do everything. It was very emotional for me to walk, sit, and run were Andre Dawson once walked, sat, and ran. If I would have been alone I probably would have cried. My son nor myself had ever been to a drive in theater so we went and caught Lost World and Furious 7 at a drive in theater. We stopped at a few parks in Illinois and played some disc golf. We stopped at the only fracture cavern opened to the public in the United States in Ohio at Seneca Cavern. We then went to Pennsylvania for a family reunion over the 4th of July week. My mom has 16 brothers and sisters and they have a reunion every three years. We went on an elk viewing excursion. We went on a canoe ride on the Clarion River. Watched (on tv) the US Women win the World Cup, watched (on tv) Dale Jr. win at Daytona. We went to Niagara Falls and rode jet boats on class 5 white water rapids on the Niagara River. We went to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown which was absolutely amazing for me. There are a lot of card shop by the Hall of Fame and I bought a ton of Dawson stuff. Checked in on FCB that day to see if Brad needed a Grace card that I saw, but he had it of course lol. Drove down to DC and spent two days in DC where we went to Arlington and watched the changing of the guard, went to the White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr, Memorial, Franklin Roosevelt Memorial, National Air and Space Museum, Natural History Museum, and American History Museum. We went to the Lost World Caverns. We went to the Cascade Caves at Carter Caves State Park and my son experienced complete darkness for the first time. We went and watched the Kentucky NASCAR race. Jr. didn't have any brakes all night and therefore wasn't able to get a good result, but we knocked off another track off of our list to visit. We went to Mega Cavern where we did a three hour under ground rope course in a little under 2 hours. We did underground BMX tracks. We also did under ground zip lining. Got back home and my air conditioner went out while I was gone and there was mold growing on my living room rug. Got the AC fixed yesterday evening.

So that's where I have been. Now I am at home and I am looking to get a new job. I love my current job, but I am away from my son too much and I can't give my girlfriend the attention she deserves either when I am gone weeks at a time and usually home less than 24 hours between jobs. As a result I have cut back my Dawson collecting until I secure another job. I have still been picking stuff up, but not nearly at the pace I was. Still have some good stuff to post when I get around to get some scanning done.

I hope everyone else has been well during my absence.

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Dustin, you've been busy. Quite the summer.

Looks like I won the Midsummer's Eve ASG contest - woot, woot. I rule at games of no skill!

Unseasonably cool here in Chicago. But pretty damn nice for July! Slept with the windows open and two blankets on last night, glorious! More money to spend on cards this summer instead of AC bills! Good thing with the National here in couple weeks.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Dustin, you've been busy. Quite the summer.

Looks like I won the Midsummer's Eve ASG contest - woot, woot. I rule at games of no skill!

Unseasonably cool here in Chicago. But pretty damn nice for July! Slept with the windows open and two blankets on last night, glorious! More money to spend on cards this summer instead of AC bills! Good thing with the National here in couple weeks.

It was a great road trip especially since I was with my boy. Wish I could have kept it going until the National, but I needed to get home to get some paper work done for a job lead that I have.

Lower AC bills just in time for the National, can't beat that!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Sounds fun Dustin , except the AC part.

Ryan

Didn't turn out to be too bad. I was hoping it was the thermostat since I had an old Mercury thermostat. I replaced it yesterday afternoon and the unit still didn't kick on. Called a local AC repair shop and they came out yesterday evening and replaced a fuse in the unit and it turned right on. Made me feel kind of stupid and a little disappointed that I had to pay them to simply change a fuse but at least it was an easy fix and relatively cheap fix compared to what could have been. Just going to throw the living rug out and get a new one.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. The boss is gone from work all through next week. Just in the 2 hours today the difference can be felt. We are still getting work done, but there isn't that feeling of him breathing down our necks while we work. Downside is that we have to take an early lunch today.
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] sounds like a busy, but fun summer so far. I'm jealous of a lot of the stuff you have gotten to do. And as far as the drive in movie theater, we are lucky to have one in town here. They used to do double features, but for some reason they aren't this year. They also used to do a dusk to dawn, where they would show about 4 movies from 9 until the sun came out

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good morning all!
Sitting in a 737-300 on the tarmac in Houston, we're waiting to take off for Vegas.
We should get there about 1335, PST.
I should be planted in front of a slot machine by 1400.:cool:
Dustin- The road trip with your son sounds like you guys had an absolute blast!

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Good morning all!
Sitting in a 737-300 on the tarmac in Houston, we're waiting to take off for Vegas.
We should get there about 1335, PST.
I should be planted in front of a slot machine by 1400.:cool:
Dustin- The road trip with your son sounds like you guys had an absolute blast!
Slot machine? Did they run out of Craps and Blackjack tables in Vegas?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts