Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well this set surely hasn't lost its popularity!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Nope, still loved. I can't find it right now for some reason, but I was coincidentally watching a Ripken #/50 last night that ended somewhere around $100. I have been holding a Justin Upton #/5 for years now hoping he'd finally have his breakout season.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Beyond the red, white and black, I haven't seen any of the other Winfields show up anywhere.

---

I take that back, there is currently a Blue on Sportlots for $10, which seems a tad steep.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Its hard to know what's going on here - take a look at the bid activity.

All the bidders have over a third of their activity with this single seller for some reason.

A_Pharis

Bid activity is only for the past 30 days. For instance - one bidder shows over 50% activity with that seller... but it's all on that one card (13 bids).
Those bidders may be Masterpiece set builders who only come out of the woodwork for certain items.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
I was the seller of these and I was as stunned as anyone these went for as much as they did. The retail case I got from Blowout for Black Friday was very very good to me :).

And as for the person implying there was some shady activity going on? Not even close. My reputation has been solid on eBay for over 14 years. I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of those framed parallels jump like crazy at the last minute - 3 set builders going up against each other is good for the old return on investment :)

Greg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I suspect shilling more if it's an acct with only a handful of feedback. That's when I start worrying. One of the few reasons I don't like to bid early.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I was the seller of these and I was as stunned as anyone these went for as much as they did. The retail case I got from Blowout for Black Friday was very very good to me :).

And as for the person implying there was some shady activity going on? Not even close. My reputation has been solid on eBay for over 14 years. I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of those framed parallels jump like crazy at the last minute - 3 set builders going up against each other is good for the old return on investment :)

Greg
I had success selling my low numbered parallels from this set a couple years ago. The profits were excellent.
As soon as I saw the Oswalt for sale I knew it would go for big money.

Members online