Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
DM_TS_13Topps_U.JPG

Got two of these in the mail today.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Glad I picked up Buck late last night and started him today.

Sucks that Worley looked brutal though :(

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I'll be at the game tomorrow. I was hoping before the season started that I would get to see Santana pitch or that I could maybe try and get his auto since I don't have one, but that unfortunately won't be happening now. If his career is indeed done, it sucks to think about what could have been without the injuries..

Apr 13, 2010
At the game tonight, saw an annoucement for the next Unplugged at Sneaky Pete's on the 23rd. Mastroianni for sure. I think the second name was Dozier. Anybody know?

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Nice Santana auto! will be interesting to see if he really is done, if the Twins can convince him to come back for Twinsfest. I doubt it, but it would be a crazy line!

Thanks! That particular one has eluded me over the years for some reason. Got it for under $10 dlvd. I would sure like it if he came to Twinsfest sometime down the road. :)

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Is Aaron Hicks ever going to get to the Mendoza line.

Sent from my XT901 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

It's really getting tough to watch. I know that Mastroianni isn't 100%, but there is no reason to keep throwing Hicks out there, especially in the leadoff spot, if he isn't hitting. The best thing that can happen for him right now is to get sent down. I was at the game yesterday and fans out there aren't happy and he's even getting booed after ABs, which can't help his confidence at all. With that being said, I'm definitely glad I sold a couple of his higher-end cards when I did. His values are already coming way back down.

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
Is Aaron Hicks ever going to get to the Mendoza line.

Sent from my XT901 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I do think he has looked a little better at the plate the last few games except the results aren't there. It would be nice to see a few more balls in play though. The problem the team has is who do you put in center? Or lead off for that matter.

On a different note, until the 5th, Diamond looked solid coming back from injury. Just ran out of gas in a game he had to be perfect.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
If Hicks gets sent down I see Mastroianni playing CF and them calling up an OFer like Brandon Boggs or Clete Thomas. Wouldn't shock me if it was Joe Benson since I'm pretty sure he's already on the 40-man roster. Either way I think Hicks needs some ABs at AAA just to build his confidence back up. It's a shame that Oswaldo Arcia can't play CF, he's gonna rake when he gets called up!

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
If Hicks gets sent down I see Mastroianni playing CF and them calling up an OFer like Brandon Boggs or Clete Thomas. Wouldn't shock me if it was Joe Benson since I'm pretty sure he's already on the 40-man roster. Either way I think Hicks needs some ABs at AAA just to build his confidence back up. It's a shame that Oswaldo Arcia can't play CF, he's gonna rake when he gets called up!

Forgot they have Thomas and Boggs down there. Not much for bats but hicks isn't hitting so its not like the bar is high there. Benson I do believe is on the 40 so he makes sense too.

If they continue to struggle, do you think willingham gets traded? That would free a spot for Arcia? A contender would love Willinghams bat

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Forgot they have Thomas and Boggs down there. Not much for bats but hicks isn't hitting so its not like the bar is high there. Benson I do believe is on the 40 so he makes sense too.

If they continue to struggle, do you think willingham gets traded? That would free a spot for Arcia? A contender would love Willinghams bat

If they can get anything of value they would be stupid not to. I thought they would last year, but being as they just signed him I could understand them not. He isn't in the long term plans as he's already 34, and if Arcia is ready to get some ABs then I think he needs to get moved. If he can bring back a potential SP prospect then it needs to happen.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Here are some pickups from the past couple days. I got the Parmelee done at the Fan HQ signing last night. He showed up 15-20 minutes late, but was pretty cool with the fans.

Members online

Latest posts