Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Twinsfest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
ClarkZac I was in front of you in dozier's line i had a dozier game used jersey I'm guessing it was you because of the Rockies name tag

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
They pretty much have silver and gold pens at every table. Don't trust theirs?

Did some scanning this morning of Friday's haul, but I will scan the rest this evening and post it all at once. Got pretty much everything I wanted last night except for Ploufffe, but will get him today. May try to get Dozier and Bruno again, and Perk again (on my AS Ball.) Janet got two of Nick Gordon. She said nobody was there, and since Nolasco wasn't there, they dropped the price of the table down from $15. to $5. So she got Gordon on a MLBall, bought a mini bat, and went in again. $5 for the #1 draft pick? Wish we had more stuff.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
I hit up the gordon spot too for $5 gates are just about to open day two the busy day hope everyone gets what they want

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
went today but didnt stay to the end but i feel good with what i got
0124151619_zpsaalauheq-1.jpg

0124151617_zpsyqyy17sc-1.jpg

0124151600_zpsafcuumek-1.jpg

0124151614_zpsjvyd35am-1.jpg

0124151621_zpsq4ztnydi.jpg

0124151614a_zpsflszv9vq.jpg

0124151613_zpsan9qaz4w.jpg

0124151615_zpsvkzjlbl3-1.jpg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Two days worth of TF are done for me. Had a great time last night, got a load of autos, got a few more today, bought some packs of cards, bought a couple of grab bags, stuff at the Yard Sale, etc., etc. Just generally spent more money than I should have. Anyway, on to the stories and scans.

I bought a couple of card sets from Topps back at Christmastime when they had specials here and there (40%, 50% off.) One was a 5x7 set of 5 cards numbered to 99, and an oversize (8 1/2 x 11 1/2) reprint set of 5 1987 cards. I only got that because Gaetti was in it. So I worked on getting those this weekend. Got Mauer, Dozier and Hughes Friday night, and somehow forgot the Plouffe at home today, so I totally missed him. (Josh Willingham is the 5th player and don't know if he'll ever come around again.) Got Bruno and Bert (who personalized, of course) with Gagne, Viola and Gaetti left in that set, but I'm not worried about them.

Worked on a couple of 8 x 10s...

Finished a unique item with Bruno and Hrbek on Friday. I bought this years back for the Gaetti auto, which happened to have Puckett already on it. A couple of years of work at Twinsfest, and voila...

Took care of a couple of Perkins items, first the 5x8 Fanfest set, and today, an AS ball.

Goes along nicely with the Suzuki, which I got signed at Fanfest. didn't go near a Suzuki line this weekend.

Speaking of balls...

#1 Draft Pick, Nick Gordon.

Other autographs, when I have a card, I try to use one. Otherwise, I use plain sketch cards I pick up at Michael's. not as obvious or cheesy as a 3x5, and they are the same size as a baseball card, so they are easy to file. The latest assortment of plain cards include Cole DeVries, Caleb Thielbar (I must have 3-4 of both of them by now), Eric Fryer, Mike Kvasnicka, and two of Tyler Duffy (ballpoint and black sharpie!)

Other autographs...

The yard sale didn't have much for me, but I picked up a few of these for $1 each.

[MENTION=2033]devin[/MENTION], let me know if you want one.

Got a National League AS Jersey for $50, AS t-shirt for $10, nothing in the player jersey dept. that I was keen for. Bought a Phil T-shirt on the pro shop for $10. too. Took a chance on a couple of grab bags. Not the Wives ones for $15, but these were All Star specific ones for $20. Really trying to get rid of that AS crap. One last night came in a decent gift/storage box, and I got 6 pins, a Topps team set (the kind sold in stores, so a nice variation to get) varios other kitch, and a certificate for a Brian Duensing auto'ed ball.

Not on an OMLB ball, but a fairly clean sig.

Got one today that was more of a reusable grocery bag. Nice bag, got a few more pins, two hats (price tags were $49, and $29! Anyone wear a 6 7/8?) Here's my pins...

Really like getting a couple of Peanuts pins, and the Perk jersey is nice. The others are available for trading if someone is interested.

Janet and I finished off Friday night with a stop in the T-Mobile photobooth. couldn't convince Nick to do the same.

Had a good weekend, thanks for reading, and good luck to those going tomorrow! I can't make it.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Nice recap Greg! I almost bought an ASG grab bag, but decided against it. My family did end up with three of the SGA grab bags though. I'm working on getting stuff scanned right now so it probably won't be posted until tomorrow. What pins are you looking to trade off [MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION]? I might be interested depending on the ones you don't need. By the way, it was nice meeting you!

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Nice stuff Greg and Devin! Working on scanning in all of my stuff tonight so will try and post it up either tonight or tomorrow morning. Got all of the guys that I wanted done, plus a couple extra that just happened to work out for me. First year that I have gone to TwinsFest and not gotten Mauer, didn't really need him on anything. Also didn't bother going through any of the other big lines with Buxton, Sano, Carew, Oliva, Hrbek, or Blyleven, so it was a lot of the current guys and prospects for me.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Nice recap Greg! I almost bought an ASG grab bag, but decided against it. My family did end up with three of the SGA grab bags though. I'm working on getting stuff scanned right now so it probably won't be posted until tomorrow. What pins are you looking to trade off [MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION]? I might be interested depending on the ones you don't need. By the way, it was nice meeting you!

Always good to put a face with a name! I'd like to keep the Peanuts ones, but the Target Field ones would be available, if you have some different ones.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Hey Greg i bought a box too and ill trade pins. Ill post what I have tomorrow after my private mauer signing. Hehe

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Always good to put a face with a name! I'd like to keep the Peanuts ones, but the Target Field ones would be available, if you have some different ones.

I didn't get any myself. My family grabbed 3 of the SGA bags and had some good luck with those though. In the three bags we got a Snoopy statue, Marcie statue from Charlie Brown, Glen Perkins bobblehead, a Gardy Gnome, Collabello Cowbell, and headphones. I think that was it for the bigger stuff, and then we got a few of the smaller things like the water bottles and such. I feel that we did get really good value in them, even if we already had some Gardy Gnomes, headphones, and a Perkins bobblehead.
[MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] they did put more of the mini T.C. bobbleheads out today. My dad and sister grabbed three for us to give away as souvenirs for a few people. For $1 you couldn't go wrong with them. If you go to the yard sale tomorrow let me know. My dad had a thought after we had left, and wished he would have grabbed some of the jersey numbers. His idea is to make a house number out of them, but I can't remember how much they wanted per number

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
devin, the auto only cost me $1, so I won't need much for it. :D Love that Hunter photo. He'll sign that for the rest of his life. I have an 8x10, is that larger? IIRC, letters and numbers were $3 ea. Making a house address is a cool idea. never thought of that. sounds like the SGA bags had stuff that you could get at the Yard Sale--headphones, cowbell, Gardygnome--so for $15 that was a decent deal. Yard sale Saturday had nothing new. Good luck to everyone going today! looking forward to seeing more pics tonight!

hrbek14

Jan 27, 2013
Waconia, MN
Had a great time at TwinsFest on Friday. Weather was nice, so I decided to sit at the gate a while before it opened. Wanted to get Mauer and Hrbek early and ended up one of the first through that line. Before gates opened, spotted Jose Berrios in the target field store. Super nice guy who was looking at all of the Berrios merch they had. Asked him for a ball and he was happy to oblige. Also saw him as one of the few inside that were eager to sign whenever asked in the corridor.

Berrios OMLB
F2E5925B-DA36-469D-8E0F-F13F3D11632C_zpsbbsl8ide.jpg

Like I said, wanted Mauer/ Hrbek early so I'd have enough time to head down to the dungeon to still have time to get Carew and Oliva before the end of that session. Got Mauer on a bat to go with the bat of Morneau I'd gotten at last year's coat drive. And Hrbek on a 16x20 of the 87 series. The Hrbek looks awesome in person but didn't photograph well, maybe the angle or shadows.

Mauer Bat
AD24898E-FA5D-4A00-B707-C4DB5D526F31_zpsdbaledje.jpg

Hrbek 16x20
1AE02FF9-21F2-4AB5-8DBD-DB512A656C7F_zpshiqiuf5h.jpg

I got Carew/Oliva with plenty of time to spare. Carew of course was declining to sign certain photos, but I did see a few SS balls coming out of his line, so seemed like he was in a decent enough mood. Got him on a 16x20 photo and Oliva on an 8x10. Wasn't needing Oliva, but I love the photo and it turned out really well.

Carew 16x20
14540474-6690-4C4E-B732-A2EE3C067CAA_zps6ezo7jbf.jpg

Oliva 8x10
3B4132E9-8687-4BF1-B28E-9934D6B17C88_zpsihbkzu4t.jpg

After Carew/Oliva, I decided to skip the second session even though there were a few items I'd like to get Dozier on. I knew the Hunter line would be crazy, so opted to get in that early and try for Dozier at other events or next year, he'll be around. So I got in line before the second session even started and was still about 50 back for Hunter, but not too bad. Got Hunter on the same 16x20 that I've seen lots of people get done. Love his signature and agree with everyone else, one of the nicest guys in baseball. Also got a Jones 8x10 and had Tonkin sign a picture in the 2013 team guide.

Hunter 16x20
815AC34D-64E6-4132-BBC1-DBA686499092_zpsl5smosjd.jpg

Jones 8x10
C65BF1C3-E504-410C-97FB-91999E54B595_zpsvv5y3msr.jpg

After that, I walked through the card show but seemed like most of the same old, didn't buy anything. Went upstairs to check out the yard sale, but the line was still pretty long so I went to check out the photo station. Was happy to see Vargas was still over there, so I got my photo taken with him (and Santana and Rosario). Wasn't surprised at how huge Vargas is, but seeing him walk down the hall next to Hrbek really puts it into perspective.

159972B1-0947-475A-8480-94C99073257D_zpsxou1tcjx.jpg

After that, I went over to check out Dozier's concert thing they had going on. Pretty good guitar player. Tried to get him to sign a derby ball afterwards, but he wasn't signing and being rushed off to another area. Then I finally checked out the yard sale. I wasn't too impressed there by what was left. Looked at some Perkins jersey that were tempting and was a few seconds too late to grab a Morneau bat. Everything else was pretty disappointing. Went to get a grab bag before I left for the night. Pretty good haul. The Killer bobble was the one I was missing from this year, so glad to see that in there. Also had a signed Perkins promo 3x5 and the Colobello bell.

7EE9A157-070B-4695-896F-EEA529512FF7_zpsiwsenbsj.jpg

Thought about getting Vargas in the last session, but have him on some stuff already and didn't have anything for the other guys. Also was thinking of Buxton, but didn't need Bert and didn't want to deal with more lines. All in all, I got everything I set out to do and a fun time at Twinsfest.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Here's my haul from TwinsFest, bobbleheads/statues/SGAs not pictured

Here's my Allen and Ginter collection that I got over the two days. The Monte Irvin was given to me while waiting in line by our very own [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION], which I can't thank him enough for. Then The Carlos Gomez was a purchase, and I didn't want to spend the money on it that I did, but it was the last one that I need for the 2008 Twins team set. In all, I believe that there were a total of 9 Ginter cards that I didn't get done that I need, but with 5 of those being Mauer, and 3 of those being Hunter I was happy.
Carew%20Rod_zps56fqllab.jpg
Blyleven%20Bert_zps5kjjxxe3.jpg
Mauer%20Joe%202_zpskdlol6rz.jpg
Milone%20Tommy_zpsotg1hoi6.jpg
Schafer%20Jordan_zpskrfdpua9.jpg
Pelfrey%20Mike_zpsrgex1q4j.jpg
Mauer%20Joe%204_zpsytc8uets.jpg
Nolasco%20Ricky_zpsxybuutri.jpg
Mauer%20Joe%203_zps531nf3vv.jpg
Arcia%20Oswaldo%203_zpsmbyh8nxz.jpg
Irvin%20Monte_zpsqh0rcl9o.jpg
Santana%20Ervin_zpsjzuwh5ja.jpg
Hunter%20Torii_zpsxs99acw7.jpg
Gomez%20Carlos_zpsyavdvuox.jpg

Now the rest of the cards for guys that didn't have Ginter cards
Koskie%20Corey%202_zpsmbip8vza.jpg
Jones%20Jacque_zpscd2cpv4m.jpg
Stewart%20Kohl_zpsr2s9zoog.jpg
Berrios%20Jose%202_zpsbneypgew.jpg
Gibson%20Kyle%202_zps6bru7osx.jpg
Gordon%20Nick_zpsgpttjzyv.jpg
Pryor%20Stephen_zpsrzaoepc4.jpg
Pressly%20Ryan_zps9vzfoooe.jpg
Stauffer%20Tim_zps2cuhvuey.jpg
Hermsen%20B.J._zpsjqvfsbct.jpg
Gibson%20Kyle%204_zpsuyozy4fa.jpg
Meyer%20Alex%202_zpsssnmtdi2.jpg
Allen%20Neil_zpsevbcboxy.jpg

8x10s-
Brunansky%20Tom%202_zpslrhrygyc.jpg

Meyer%20Alex%202_zpsnrwkgsgt.jpg

Vargas%20Kennys_zpsd8xd7jti.jpg

Gladde%20Dan_zps9cvwxk06.jpg

Santana%20Danny_zpsefyvtlwu.jpg

ROMLB, also got a Jose Berrios on a ball with a Futures Game inscription, but that was for somebody else on here. The Oliva is for somebody else as well. The Denard Span was part of a trade I worked with [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION]08
1466AF23-7AC9-40D4-B8C3-E204BDE8CEF0_zpsd8a8xntc.jpg

450611FC-B853-49A1-A451-F63791D1DB90_zpsuprsxjn2.jpg

8668F2A7-139F-433F-AD2F-0DB9405DBE20_zpswomxcatb.jpg

C8108044-055A-49A2-9537-7E165C56D859_zpsvubrlgqo.jpg

Game Used locker tags. Dozier thought it was really cool that I got it, and that I drove 11 hours to get it signed. I didn't get Phil Hughes done, my sister did for me. She said that he thought it was really cool and asked her where she could get one. I wanted to get it signed myself, and I probably would have told him that I would work a deal with him lol.
85037688-AA85-462F-A8AC-65D3EA5DE8D7_zpshdhin2ya.jpg

D53FF5F9-DE74-449A-8BC9-AB91B7359ED8_zpsn0748cup.jpg

Then I also added Caleb Theilbar to a ball that I got signed IP in Denver by Kurt Suzuki, Brian Dozier, Eduardo Escobar, and Chris Colabello. I wasn't planning on making it a 'team ball' but when I got it signed by Suzuki on the side panel, I figured I'd add guys as I can with it not being my top priority. Then I also had a fry helmet that I got a lot of the minor league guys that I had nothing of. I can't recall all of the guys off the top of my head, but there were 12-14 autographs on it at the end of the day. For it being my second TwinsFest, it was great, even if I did blow my budget, which is why I had extra cash along in the first place since I knew there was a chance of me being able to get more stuff done than I planned

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Finally got around to getting scans and pictures of my haul from Friday and Saturday. Ended up getting everything that I needed done and got a few surprises as well. Met up with [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION], [MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION], and [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] at Hubert's prior to going in on Friday. Was planning on going for the yard sale right away since I didn't need any of the guys in the first session, but by the time we got in the line was massive so I passed on it and looked around at the show for a few minutes before getting in line for Dozier. The only 2 lines that I went to on Friday were for Dozier and Perkins and with the light crowd it was a very relaxing day for me. After going through the Perkins line I figured I would go and check out the yard sale hoping the line would have died down. I knew going in that most things would be picked over, but thought I would check it out anyway. Best player that I saw as far as GU Jerseys was Phil Hughes for $150. Didn't want to drop that much on a jersey so I passed on it. While continuing to look over some, I found a GU Ivory Alternate Home Jersey of a guy who was on the MLB team and I was surprised was still there for only $50. I'm assuming it would've been grabbed earlier, but perhaps not having a name on the back had it passed over by some. I'll save who the player was for later. Here are the pictures of everything that I picked up Friday. Only guys not pictured are Ryan Pressly and Eric Fryer who I had sign my 2014 Yearbook.

Brian%20Dozier%20Bobblehead%20Auto%201_zpsfo2aadhm-1.jpg
Brian%20Dozier%20Bobblehead%20Auto%202_zpslwqsnufy-1.jpg

Thanks to [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] for the Brunansky bobblehead!
Tom%20Brunansky%20ASG%20Bobblehead%20Auto%201_zpsutt3fch1-1.jpg
Tom%20Brunansky%20ASG%20Bobblehead%20Auto%202_zpsdfwvvvfq-1.jpg

Glen%20Perkins%20ASG%20Bobblehead%20Auto%201_zpsb3xo1qjq-1.jpg
Glen%20Perkins%20ASG%20Bobblehead%20Auto%202_zps8eqysle3-1.jpg

Jose%20Berrios%208x10%20Auto_zpsaemzjrbu-1.jpg

Aaron%20Hicks%208x10%20Auto%202_zpstm1ry1m8-1.jpg

Cole%20De%20Vries%202013%20Topps%20Heritage%20IP%20Auto%201_zpszm8j1gqz-1.jpg
Cole%20De%20Vries%202013%20Topps%20Heritage%20IP%20Auto%202_zpsw9mecriy-1.jpg
Mike%20Kvasnicka%202010%20Bowman%20Chrome%20Draft%20Prospects%20IP%20Auto_zps81igpnls-1.jpg
Tommy%20Milone%202012%20Topps%20Allen%20amp%20Ginter%20IP%20Auto_zpsfvziqjjr-1.jpg
Tommy%20Milone%202013%20Topps%20Allen%20amp%20Ginter%20IP%20Auto_zps7abvwfwg-1.jpg

Now on to Saturday, I ended up going through lines 8 times so it was a little more hectic than the easy 2 lines on Friday. I had Emily with me helping out so that was very helpful, also spent some more time with [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] going through a few different lines with him. Got in line a little before 8:30 since my main goal was Torii and I knew the Saturday crowd would be much bigger than Friday and wanted to guarantee getting through his line. Worked out perfectly as the spot we ended up in his line seated us at a booth with cushioned seats where we could sit for the hour and a half wait. Ended up making it through no problem and Torii was awesome as he always is. The one thing that I was disappointed with in the line and really the main letdown of the weekend was the handlers for this line. They were basically screaming at us as we were going through to have us give them the items so they could give them to the players, couldn't even do it ourselves since they were trying to get as many people through as possible. Torii was in the second spot and Corey Koskie in the third spot. Before I could even say hello to Torii I had the Koskie handler screaming at me, so I didn't even see Koskie sign the card I had for him and of course it was in black instead of blue which I didn't realize until walking out since I was basically pushed along. Really disappointed with the handlers of the line. The Hunter turned out great though, which was my main goal so overall I'm not too upset about it.

Hunter oversized scorecard, approximately 17x22
Torii%20Hunter%20Poster%20Scorecard%20IP%20Auto%201_zpstqobipjl-1.jpg

Torii%20Hunter%20Poster%20Scorecard%20IP%20Auto%202_zpshguhehyg-1.jpg

Torii%20Hunter%208x10%20Auto_zpsp9x1yoju-1.jpg

Jacque%20Jones%20Bobblehead%20Auto%201_zpso4uulzqz-1.jpg
Jacque%20Jones%20Bobblehead%20Auto%202_zps6rq9xawj-1.jpg

Jacque%20Jones%202001%20Upper%20Deck%20IP%20Auto_zpsl3oouqlc-1.jpg
Corey%20Koskie%202004%20Topps%20IP%20Auto_zpsawhqztfk-1.jpg
Corey%20Koskie%202005%20Fleer%20Tradition%20IP%20Auto_zpsj2s3pzob-1.jpg

Next session was a little hectic as I had to go through Kurt Suzuki for myself and someone I was helping out, as well as get up to get Kyle Gibson and Alex Meyer. Initially I was going to get in line for Gibson, but when I was up there there were only ~30 people in line so I went back downstairs to get Suzuki with Emily and this ended up being the best decision. Was able to get through Suzuki in about 30 minutes, head back up to get Gibson and I was the only person in there. Was able to chat with Gibson and Meyer for awhile, then talked to Cole De Vries for a good 5 minutes since we both graduated from the University of Minnesota and he is a really awesome guy. Wish him nothing but the best in his real estate career!

Kurt%20Suzuki%202014%20ASG%20OMLB%20Auto%201st%20All-Star%20Game_zps2kelcncb-1.jpg

Alex%20Meyer%208x10%20Auto_zpsynnx7uuf-1.jpg

2014%20All-Star%20Ticket%20Strip%20Alex%20Meyer%20Jose%20Berrios%201_zpsro0bf0ud-1.jpg
2014%20All-Star%20Ticket%20Strip%20Alex%20Meyer%20Jose%20Berrios%202_zpsktnpx1pe-1.jpg
Kyle%20Gibson%20MLB%20Debut%202_zpshnxmjhne-1.jpg
Kyle%20Gibson%20MLB%20Debut%201_zpsiivdctnd-1.jpg

2014%20Topps%20Heritage%20MILB%20IP%20Auto_zpsvo9ivryh-1.jpg
Eddie%20Rosario%202012%20Topps%20Heritage%20MILB%20IP%20Auto_zpswbiiyrid-1.jpg
Cole%20De%20Vries%202013%20Topps%20IP%20Auto_zpsnv8z9pfu-1.jpg
Butch%20Davis%201985%20Topps%20IP%20Auto_zpspeqluefy-1.jpg
Neil%20Allen%201988%20Topps%20IP%20Auto_zpsqpurpdmr-1.jpg
Neil%20Allen%201989%20Topps%20IP%20Auto_zpsoew26lgy-1.jpg

The next session was the $5 hour and the Arcia/Berrios line was my main want and I'm glad I sent Emily there a little early as man that line was crazy! I'm pretty sure I heard from someone that they had to cut the line and people didn't get through, the only time I heard of that happening this weekend. I got Berrios on my ASG Ticket Strip pictured above with Alex Meyer. Will have to get Vargas, Dozier, Perkins, and Suzuki at another time as this was a little last minute project that I decided to start on Saturday morning. I got Thielbar in my 2014 Yearbook and Arcia on the Twins Magazine with Santana and Vargas, another project that I will have to finish another time.

Oswaldo%20Arcia%20Twins%20Magazine%20Auto_zpsq7upg7rq-1.jpg

Next session I hit Nick Gordon and Kohl Stewart with [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION]. I was a little hesitant on getting them, but I figured $10 for our past 2 1st round picks is not bad at all, especially if one of them happens to blow up this upcoming season and turn into the next Buxton/Sano. Helped Zach with a Gordon Bowman card and got these for myself. I also want to say I was really impressed with Kohl Stewart's auto. His Bowman autos were simply a KS, but he really took his time and made it very legible. I also heard stories of him not being the most fan friendly in Cedar Rapids, so I was impressed with him.

Nick%20Gordon%20Twins%20Magazine%20Auto_zpsvvyu7txs-1.jpg

2014%20Topps%20Heritage%20MILB%20IP%20Auto_zpsjueoudbk-1.jpg
Kohl%20Stewart%202014%20Topps%20Heritage%20MILB%20IP%20Auto_zpsgq94c6c3-1.jpg
Tim%20Stauffer%202012%20Topps%20Heritage%20IP%20Auto_zpsuyvvo01w-1.jpg

Initially Torii Hunter was by far my favorite auto for the weekend, but the next one came in a close second. I teased earlier about a Game-Used Jersey I picked up for $50 at the yard sale, well the player turned out to be Trevor May. The MLB Authentication labels it as team issued, but when I went through the line with Trevor I was the only one there so I was able to talk with him about it and came to the conclusion that it is in fact Game-Used. Normally the Twins label them Game-Issued if they didn't actually see the player take the jersey off of their back. When I got home I did a little research and May had 4 home starts for us this past season, and in 3 of them he wore the Alternate Ivory Jersey: August 23 vs Detroit, September 3 vs Chicago (1st MLB Win), and September 20 vs Cleveland. Haven't been able to photo match it yet, but there are a few minor marks that I am going to attempt to. I also want to thank Shaun from Fan HQ for letting me use a Silver Deco Color Paint Pent. Didn't want to chance having the autograph not turn out with the silver sharpie used at the tables so I stopped by the Fan HQ booth and Shaun let me borrow it. Probably wouldn't have turned out as sharp without it!

Trevor%20May%20Game-Used%20Jersey%201_zpsvudnxzoq-1.jpg
Trevor%20May%20Game-Used%20Jersey%202_zpszejr9rup-1.jpg
Trevor%20May%20Game-Used%20Jersey%204_zpsdjkgzdyx-1.jpg
Trevor%20May%20Game-Used%20Jersey%203_zpsxdaxq0o1-1.jpg

Jorge%20Polanco%202013%20Topps%20Heritage%20MILB%20IP%20Auto_zpsmiqzowci-1.jpg
Jorge%20Polanco%202014%20Topps%20Heritage%20MILB%20IP%20Auto_zps1pibeohd-1.jpg

Overall I had an awesome weekend despite not getting any of the bigger names (Mauer, Hrbek, Blyleven, Buxton, Sano, Molitor, Carew, or Oliva) and am already looking forward to next year! Hopefully I will be a little more prepared with getting cards for guys. Thanks for sitting through the long read!

Last edited:

Members online