Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**** Rolling 2015 Trade Deadline Thread ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Mariners Mid-season Trade Acquisition Rest-of-season WAR as a Mariner
Kendrys Morales, 2014-1.0
Chris Denorfia, 2014-0.2
Austin Jackson, 2014-0.4
Welington Castillo, 2015-0.4
Mark Trumbo, 2015-1.2
Vidal Nuno, 20150.1

That's how terrible the Mariners are at buying, so I think its time to sell. You have an awful MLB team and no prospects in the Milb top 50. You had no first round pick this year. It's time for a complete rebuild, starting with the GM chair.
Alex Jackson?

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I'm amazed Papelbon hasn't been traded yet. He has pitched really well this year. Amaro is probably still asking for too much. It would be funny if he got traded back to the Red Sox.:D

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I REEEEEEEEEALLY don't want to see Hamels go to the Dodgers.

But I REEEEEEEEEEALLY want to see Puig go to the Phillies.

Oh the drama that would ensue with that ponce playing in front of those Philly fans.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Cardinals will do what they do almost every season.

They'll make an underwhelming trade at the deadline, or after it, for a bullpen guy or bench player.

Is love for them to go out and get a starting pitcher or big bat, but they'll never do that.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The Cardinals will do what they do almost every season.

They'll make an underwhelming trade at the deadline, or after it, for a bullpen guy or bench player.

Is love for them to go out and get a starting pitcher or big bat, but they'll never do that.

They've looked so good though, u don't wanna mess with that too much. Look at last year, the smallest move maybe ever, Jake Peavy and the giants are champs. The As make a huge splash and lose the one game playoff, you never know what the "big move" will prove to be

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Is it bad that I'm hoping Milwaukee's success over the past month has made them think they aren't sellers?

Garrado Parra is arguably the best trade chip on the market at the moment. Please get something for him.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
The Twins will do what they usually do--nothing. They haven't had a big deadline deal that made an immediate big impact since picking up Shannon Stewart in 2003. Everybody needs pitching, but if we could pick up a guy like Tulowitzki--solidify up the middle and have a better bat, I would be giddy as a schoolgirl.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
The Twins will do what they usually do--nothing. They haven't had a big deadline deal that made an immediate big impact since picking up Shannon Stewart in 2003. Everybody needs pitching, but if we could pick up a guy like Tulowitzki--solidify up the middle and have a better bat, I would be giddy as a schoolgirl.

Could you imagine a middle infield of dozier and Tulo!? The only question is, what would they have to give up to pull off that trade?

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Could you imagine a middle infield of dozier and Tulo!? The only question is, what would they have to give up to pull off that trade?

My guess is that any trade would have to start with Berrios, and I don't think I would give him up in a package, even if it's for Tulo. We really need a SP that has a chance to turn into an ace, and Berrios is our best shot at it right now. My guess is that our best package that we could offer (minus Buxton or Sano) would be Berrios, Kepler, Polanco, and a lower level high upside guy like Chih-Wei Hu or Stephen Gonsalves. I wouldn't do that if I were the Twins, but I'm guessing that's the best we could offer. Another team could probably top it if they offered a top 10 prospect.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
My guess is that any trade would have to start with Berrios, and I don't think I would give him up in a package, even if it's for Tulo. We really need a SP that has a chance to turn into an ace, and Berrios is our best shot at it right now. My guess is that our best package that we could offer (minus Buxton or Sano) would be Berrios, Kepler, Polanco, and a lower level high upside guy like Chih-Wei Hu or Stephen Gonsalves. I wouldn't do that if I were the Twins, but I'm guessing that's the best we could offer. Another team could probably top it if they offered a top 10 prospect.

I'd also say Hicks would be on his way out. He needs a change of scenery and I believe he'd flourish in Denver.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Aramis Ramirez to the Pirates...announced during the Jays gm. Not sure if confirmed.

update - confirmed, Yhonathan Barrios to Milw.

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Shane Victorino traded to the LA Angels for Josh Rutledge.

Which tells me that Brock Holt could potentially be traded considering Rutledge I believe can play all IF positions. (We have plenty of guys that can play OF) Pure speculation on my part though, but Holt is a valuable trade piece for sure.

Members online

Latest posts