Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospect Rush - another rookie retro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
half of you are a bunch of whiny XXXXXes. how does it ruin "your hobby"? because you're too poor to afford boxes? rush isn't forced on anyone. leaf and Heroes of XXXX could definitely use some competition.

this is great for the prospectors/gamblers (with the appropriate caveats, of course). it will put lots of nice prospect cards on the market.
Oh crap look what just landed back on here. :rolleyes:

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Are you saying that your collection will be perceived exactly the same way in ten years as it is perceived today?

I'd think most people can think of at least twenty ways someone else can affect your collection.

The only person who has an effect on my collection is me. Plus, this is a hobby and its suppose to be fun, I think some of you take it too far and probably should relax when a product like this comes out. I wish them the best of luck and if I was a gambling man I would buy in.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
half of you are a bunch of whiny XXXXXes. how does it ruin "your hobby"? because you're too poor to afford boxes? rush isn't forced on anyone. leaf and Heroes of XXXX could definitely use some competition.

this is great for the prospectors/gamblers (with the appropriate caveats, of course). it will put lots of nice prospect cards on the market.

You mean leaf needs competition. Heroes is still packing boxes out until the last dope sends them money, they they will start another BS program and recycle some more of the hillshire farms $8.00 autographs some stupid lottery ticket worth $15.00 (which now are hitting 2 per case now more and more...) or base ichiros graded 10, but for some reason we dont get topics started about those fantastic hits.

This is un-creative and a lazy way to start a company whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana

please please change your name to Jenkin$$$$$$ and make this your avatar...
The+Million+Dollar+Man+Ted+DiBiase+Ted.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

Buying cards off of the market and inserting them into a product isn't going to put lots of cards on the market.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Gilmo gave this "company" a forum in the Manufacturer forum.

It appears as though the only manufacturing they're doing is of "cartoon" cards.

Therefore, I can unequivocally say that this is "A clown company, bro".

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City

Uhhh...weren't these already on the market? I'm pretty sure the strategy for these "companies" is basically:

1. Search eBay
2. Purchase
3. Put in boxes
4. Distribute
5. Profit
6. Repeat 1-5

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I am thinking about breaking up my own collection, marking it up 60% and then selling boxes. Anyone in?

That was pretty easy.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Can I have the last 7 minutes of my life back after reading this thread? Buy it or don't buy it, I don't like the idea of repacks, but I wish Prospect Rush the best.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
3.5 Add cartoons.

I am still trying to think of a logical reason cartoons need to be put in a $200 prospect product that isn't well for a lack of better words creepy. All I keep thinking of is Tempy Moore sketches of clowns.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
You're really having trouble figuring it out? I think Jeff has made it fairly clear why a crap card needs to be in there...

Oh yeah thats right something about lottery laws and attracting the BO crowd. Thank you for reminding me.