Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Prospect Rush" is live.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Houdini broke 4 master cases last night for group breaks. Recaps are here: Cheap Fun Baseball Card Breaks on USTREAM: Baseball box and case breaker from blowout cards forums and [url]http://www.baseballcardcollectors.net. Baseball[/url]
Top hit was a Blake Swihart Superfractor 9.5 10.

I broke 1 box that I purchased through BO:

E88F361B-38FB-4A2C-A92E-41E96DAD9E90-410-000000CB5854756C_zps613ab4b1.jpg

Seems most of the antagonists ITT cry about everything on this forum and have no understanding of basic economics. I bet they would run the best card company ever though, but that would require them to quit their jobs as bus drivers, unemployed 20 somethings, etc.
Kickstarter 1 time?

Your box is good so it validates the product?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Your box is good so it validates the product?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Blind Squirrel. Nut.

-------

Bottom line is, we all knew what this was going into it. Chris, I don't know why you turned on the company - - I think it was perfectly clear what kind of gentleman this was and what type of product he was selling. There will be great boxes and horrible boxes. He is going to turn a profit. This is very similar to Leaf which was obviously embraced on this board with open arms. I don't see the difference here, except, perhaps, when PR has a bad box -- it's VERY bad, whereas Leaf always tried to keep a minimum ROI.

Last edited:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Houdini broke 4 master cases last night for group breaks. Recaps are here: Cheap Fun Baseball Card Breaks on USTREAM: Baseball box and case breaker from blowout cards forums and Baseball Card Collectors | Most Valuable Baseball Cards for Collectors. Baseball
Top hit was a Blake Swihart Superfractor 9.5 10.

I broke 1 box that I purchased through BO:

E88F361B-38FB-4A2C-A92E-41E96DAD9E90-410-000000CB5854756C_zps613ab4b1.jpg

Seems most of the antagonists ITT cry about everything on this forum and have no understanding of basic economics. I bet they would run the best card company ever though, but that would require them to quit their jobs as bus drivers, unemployed 20 somethings, etc.
Kickstarter 1 time?

Haha, and i see you make sure to state that you bought it straight from BO, NOT from your buddy ML. Interesting.

One box that doubles its money makes this a great product? Just saw a box opened the same day with a Matt moore blue refractor non auto. Bingo, big money, or not.

We all realize this is your buddies product, so you are going to defend it. But to insult an entire group of people because they have an opinion different than yours just shows your ignorance.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Yep

Haha, and i see you make sure to state that you bought it straight from BO, NOT from your buddy ML. Interesting.

One box that doubles its money makes this a great product? Just saw a box opened the same day with a Matt moore blue refractor non auto. Bingo, big money, or not.

We all realize this is your buddies product, so you are going to defend it. But to insult an entire group of people because they have an opinion different than yours just shows your ignorance.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I'll address this on my way out. Completed Auctions a month ago do not reflect current values imho. A recent sale of a PSA 8 Cole Orange was $350. Easily putting a BGS 9.5/10 well over $500. Add to that Cole will be in the rotation to start the year, as of yesterday his items are on the rise. Our determination on value had 0 to do with what was said in chat.

Oh and the Super was not an auto.

Thanks Guys.

EDIT- meant to say 2 months ago...

Hey just to let you know, Cole will not be in the Pirates rotation to start the year. 100000000000000000000000000% sure on that one. You need to actually know something about the prospects and teams first before you start spouting off crap like this. It hurts your 'prospector' status yo.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Hey just to let you know, Cole will not be in the Pirates rotation to start the year. 100000000000000000000000000% sure on that one. You need to actually know something about the prospects and teams first before you start spouting off crap like this. It hurts your 'prospector' status yo.

But, Morgoth, HE WILL BE SOMEDAY. And that's when his cards will go up 500%! And that's why we value them at $800 per base auto.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
But, Morgoth, HE WILL BE SOMEDAY. And that's when his cards will go up 500%! And that's why we value them at $800 per base auto.

Well the guy "cardcollectorX" claimed to sell him the Cole for $500. Why would he pay $500 for something he could have bought for 375-400 at the time? Not a very wise prospecting move.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I was amazed at how easily he got out of giving away the Superfractor last night. Nobody on the chat even challenged the breaker when he said that was "easily a 500$ card". Even when the case break guy asked for a completed listing check its like he completely ignored the answer of $406 and immediately claimed it to be a $600 card. It is Break #10 of the product on live case breaks YouTube or blog TV if you wanna see for yourself.

WaxPax

Agreed, seems more like a glorified collection sell off....but hey you do get a t-shirt

Buying someone else's product and putting it in a box does not make you a card company.

On my bus route I smash on the brakes when ****** bags act ****** baggy.. Here I just let them know that "Buying someone else's product and putting it in a box does not make you a card company."

I'm old Greg

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Believe it or not, this is now sold out at both Blowout and Atlanta, and I know Atlanta ordered quite a bit too. Everyone here seems to want to bash this, but obviously a lot of people are buying it. Looking forward to the next 15 page bash thread when Series 2 comes out:grouphug:

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
to be fair, it's not like there was a ton of this product to sell anyway....just 50 cases and 10% of the product was broken by livecasebreak.com. Not sure how much Houdini has busted. I don't believe Chris from Hobby Box ordered any and he has just as good of a feel on what people want as anybody I would imagine.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
to be fair, it's not like there was a ton of this product to sell anyway....just 50 cases and 10% of the product was broken by livecasebreak.com. Not sure how much Houdini has busted. I don't believe Chris from Hobby Box ordered any and he has just as good of a feel on what people want as anybody I would imagine.

True, but it moved quicker than I expected. A week after release and most of the product is already gone. The gambler niche is bigger than I thought.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
A product like this, to sell out, needs 10-15 fools with money and 200-300 fools with access to credit.

Ive yet to understand the argument of 'hey, it sold out, so maybe he can run a company/the product is good'.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Believe it or not, this is now sold out at both Blowout and Atlanta, and I know Atlanta ordered quite a bit too. Everyone here seems to want to bash this, but obviously a lot of people are buying it. Looking forward to the next 15 page bash thread when Series 2 comes out:grouphug:

I remember back in my day guys would set up at card shows and put a box on the table with several hundred white envelopes with a list above it with the bigger hits. They would sell them for 1$ each and would sell out before the weekend was over.

In today's world he is a "manufacturer" with a "product". Most of us know to walk past that table, but then there are the guys who have to grab one of the envelopes and get a 1987 topps card. Sadly in this case seems only his "friends" or people making the money are trying to defend this trash in a trash bag at this point.

Last edited:

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I remember back in my day guys would set up at card shows and put a box on the table with several hundred white envelopes with a list above it with the bigger hits. They would sell them for 1$ each and would sell out before the weekend was over.

In today's world he is a "manufacturer" with a "product". Most of us know to walk past that table, but then there are the guys who have to grab one of the envelopes and get a 1987 topps card. Sadly in this case seems only his "friends" or people making the money are trying to defend this trash in a trash bag at this point.

when i was a kid back in the early 90's I used to go with my Uncle to set up at shows. He made hundreds of grab bags and stuck a 82 Topps Rickey Henderson RC in a couple of them. He couldn't sell them fast enough! I guess the gambler niche has always been fairly large in this hobby. Heck I love this type of product but this one's just not for me. I just can't begin to imagine how I would feel if I dropped $200 on this only to be the guy who pulls a Wagner Mateo non-auto blue refractor that's not even worth 1/200 the price of the box! Seeing that break was enough to keep me away.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts