Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Day off and girlfriend out of town? Good day for 5 hours in a card shop!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Yup, spent 5 hours digging through a few dozen monster boxes and old binders one of my locals recently picked up. The seller was an old collector who was selling out and moving to Florida, and he was very meticulous with his cards. Everything in binders, rookies alphabetized by set, then player, and the sets in proper alphabetical order as well. Same thing with the "star" collections he had; tons of Reggie Sanders and Kevin Mitchells, all neatly arranged in crackly old pages that smelled like a late 80's card show. I ended up pulling around 350 cards, including a ton of tough early 90's magazine cards, some sweet 90's inserts, and a few real surprises that cost me on average 13¢ a card:

img778.jpg

Think I made out alright! ;)

It's hard to tell, but the McGwire is a Gold, a card which is oddly far harder than it should be.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Nice. I don't have to many card shops around me but a few years ago I stumbled on an antique store that had monster boxes with cards at 3 cents a piece. Scored a bunch of mid 90's stuff include almost a complete set of 1996 Topps Power Boosters. I spent about 3 hours digging. Good Times.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Sounds like a good time. That McGwire is a great score. Those are VHTF for some reason. Just got my Bonds a month ago. Wonder if [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] needs that Belle sample?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm jealous. Some of the most fun I've had in this hobby was spending hours digging through bargain boxes at shops and shows.
Now there are no shows where I live and the bargain boxes at the card shops here are subpar.
Looks like you had tons of fun.

Members online