Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congratulations!It's your 14-year eBay anniversary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Congratulations!
EM5451CP_AnniversaryEmailTemplate_1003_07.jpg

It's your 14-year eBay anniversary
magicpapa,
We want to say thanks and let you know how much we value having you as an eBay community member. All of us at eBay wish you the very best in the year to come.

Thank you!
John Donahoe Signature
John Donahoe
President and CEO, eBay Inc.
My first Purchase ................. 300$ OWIEEEEEEEE, pickup up the non auto at a show awhile afer for about 70$

spbat.jpg

Last edited:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Congratulations!

It's your 14-year eBay anniversary
magicpapa,
We want to say thanks and let you know how much we value having you as an eBay community member. All of us at eBay wish you the very best in the year to come.

Thank you!
John Donahoe Signature
John Donahoe
My first Purchase ................. 300$ OWIEEEEEEEE, pickup up the non auto at a show awhile afer for about 70$

spbat.jpg

LOL! Just got one, too, beat you by two years. I do NOT remember my first purchase, though, thank god!
ann_zpsuqizzwbk.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Just 14? 16? I got my 20 year last year. That was back in the dial up days, sniping involved bidding with 45 seconds left hoping the connection wouldnt drop, and going out and buying money orders and hoping they made it safe and sound. We have it so easy today!

but congrats on your awards!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Just 14? 16? I got my 20 year last year. That was back in the dial up days
How have you been with eBay more than 20 years? eBay started publically under that name in September 1997.
Even if you were a member of its predecessor, the tiny unknown AuctionWeb, that began in late 1995, which hasn't even been 20 years yet.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
How have you been with eBay more than 20 years? eBay started publically under that name in September 1997.
Even if you were a member of its predecessor, the tiny unknown AuctionWeb, that began in late 1995, which hasn't even been 20 years yet.
th

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Good stuff!

July 12th will be 17 years for me. I used to keep a spreadsheet of everything I bought and still have it. My first five purchases (paid for w/ money orders of course):

1983 Topps Tony Gwynn (seller 741)…$56 dlvd
1978 Topps Eddie Murray (seller [email protected])...$17 dlvd
1988/89/90 Donruss Rookie sets (seller [email protected])...$7.75 dlvd
1987 Fleer and Donruss Barry Bonds (seller lmartinez)…$26 dlvd
1985 Topps Roger Clemens (seller bakerlady)…$10 dlvd

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Just 14? 16? I got my 20 year last year. That was back in the dial up days, sniping involved bidding with 45 seconds left hoping the connection wouldnt drop, and going out and buying money orders and hoping they made it safe and sound. We have it so easy today!

Hahahahaha OMG I remember those days. I was 14 when I started using eBay in 98. I was big into WWF at the time and would bid on posters and autographs. Then I'd ask my mom to take me to the PO for a money order but all we had was dial up so I always had the last second lost connection anxiety :eek:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I got it in April- First purchase was
1953 BOWMAN COLOR EARLY WYNN *SHARP* (Item #89270103 ) Final price: $46.00 04/17/99

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Congratulations![/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's your 16-year eBay anniversary[/FONT]
EM5451CP_AnniversaryEmailTemplate_1003_09.jpg
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mainemule,

Thank you!
[/FONT]
EM5451CP_AnniversaryEmailTemplate_1003_11.gif
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Donahoe
[/FONT]

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I got it in April- First purchase was
1953 BOWMAN COLOR EARLY WYNN *SHARP* (Item #89270103 ) Final price: $46.00 04/17/99

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Congratulations![/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's your 16-year eBay anniversary[/FONT]
EM5451CP_AnniversaryEmailTemplate_1003_09.jpg
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mainemule,

Thank you!
[/FONT]
EM5451CP_AnniversaryEmailTemplate_1003_11.gif
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Donahoe
[/FONT]

MaineMule - you beat me by two days:

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI

When the total was under $5 or so I would send cash, taping coins to the paper invoice. Luckily back in those early days, I had a part time job at a grocer and so it was convienent for me to purchase money orders. Ah, the memories!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
When the total was under $5 or so I would send cash, taping coins to the paper invoice. Luckily back in those early days, I had a part time job at a grocer and so it was convienent for me to purchase money orders. Ah, the memories!

Went through quite a bit more personal checks in those days too. I remember factoring in the cost of a money order into bids on low dollar cards, vs. cards where buyers would take a check or cash.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I had my 17-year ebay anniversary a couple of months ago and they didn't send me a jpeg of a single balloon! Jerks.

(I can't remember my first ebay purchase but I probably have it written down somewhere on the notebook pages I'd write out all my purchases/sales/trades on in the late 90's)

Members online

Latest posts