Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congratulations!It's your 14-year eBay anniversary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Seems like forever ago. I hit 17 years in April of this year. I can go see my first feedback, but I doubt it will show what the item was, and it may not have been my actual first win either, just the first person who left me feedback.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Can anyone tell me how you are pulling your first purchases on ebay?

There is no way unless you are a recent joiner. Of allllll the people in this thread only two people know their first purchase. The OP who remembered and another member who admitted to keeping detailed spreadsheet.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
How have you been with eBay more than 20 years? eBay started publically under that name in September 1997.
Even if you were a member of its predecessor, the tiny unknown AuctionWeb, that began in late 1995, which hasn't even been 20 years yet.

whoops, my bad. I got the anniversary email a few months ago and thought it had said 20. So i just checked my ebay name and ive been a member for 18 years. Not sure how i could be a member if they didnt start until september of 97 like you said...

so that email must have said 18. Ive been buying since 94. Used to use the AOL chat rooms. Anyone else use them?

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
whoops, my bad. I got the anniversary email a few months ago and thought it had said 20. So i just checked my ebay name and ive been a member for 18 years. Not sure how i could be a member if they didnt start until september of 97 like you said...

so that email must have said 18. Ive been buying since 94. Used to use the AOL chat rooms. Anyone else use them?
I did! My email address was [email protected] and that was my Ebay screen name when I joined. Not sure what year it was, but Ebay would not let you use email addresses as your username, so they changed it to Gwynn5453l4u, thus my "new" name...
I was Gwynn5453l4u for a long time here on FCB until they finally let me shorten it.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I joined in '02. Compared to most of you, looks like I was a little late to the party. Pretty sure the reason I joined was to purchase a playstation2.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I originally joined because someone on the AOL boards told me there was a Grace 1 of 1 up for auction on that eBay site. This was my first eBay purchase and first 1 of 1 card in my collection.

97PINNACLEPLATE.jpg

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I sold cards on eBay for a few years through my LCS owner before I finally joined in 2006. Definitely helped my profit margin by getting off my ass and figuring out the interwebs.