Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any gamblers/risk takers out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Helping a buddy out here. He has 2 Hobby boxes of 2009 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects that he got on consignment along with a ton of other stuff but these are the cream of the crop. Completes on eBay are $1500 (was blown away at prices), to stay off the problems eBay can bring, any interest here at $900 for a box?

Last edited:

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I just saw box prices myself a couple days ago. It's pretty amazing what one mega hit will do for box prices. 2010 Bowman Chrome has so many good hits besides just Machado, and the price isn't anywhere near the same level as 2009.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I had a couple of sealed boxes of 2011 Topps Update and sold them for $1300 each a couple months ago. You're pretty much guaranteed 1 Trout base, but the gamble is on getting a parallel. And even if you get a diamond or cognac, it's still not worth the price of the box unless it's a PSA 10.

Scott F

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Both are sold, thank you to the buyers, good luck with whatever you decide to do with the boxes :)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I just saw box prices myself a couple days ago. It's pretty amazing what one mega hit will do for box prices. 2010 Bowman Chrome has so many good hits besides just Machado, and the price isn't anywhere near the same level as 2009.

I agree that there are far more potential good hits from 2010 Bowman Draft (since you said Machado I assume you are referring to draft) than 2009 Bowman Draft, which is pretty much just Trout but even if you add up the gem mint base auto value of the top 4 hits in 2009 Bowman Draft (Machado, Sale, Syndergaard, Seager USA) it doesn't even come up to 1/6th the price of a gem mint Trout base auto. 2009 Bowman Draft also had a relatively small autograph checklist so your chances are greater than they would be with a current product that has just one major hit

Rough estimates for BGS 9.5/10 base autos
Machado $550-$600
Sale $120-$150
Seager $150
Syndergaard $120

Trout $6,500-$7,500

I'd have much more fun ripping 2010 Bowman Draft but if I'm all about the high risk/high reward, I'm going with 2009.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
If the buyers decide to rip these boxes, hopefully they'll video it for all of us to watch! Card voyeurs forever!!!

Members online