Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***** Tuesday Morning Thread *****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Slow day.
Bought a retail topps chrome blaster at Walmart last night. Wish I hadn't. Couple of xfactors and a mccutchen refractor was about it. Not sure why I did

Sent from my iPhone

I'd be interested in some base cards. I'm working on the set

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Was pleasantly surprised to see 2013 Topps Chrome singles on COMC today. Usually it takes a couple of months to see new releases show up there. Picked up an orange refractor and an X-fractor for the Arencibia PC for pretty cheap.

- Rodrick

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Does anyone know what paint to use on a formica table-top? I plan on painting my table and putting a UMD Bulldog logo on it.

Being Formica it may scratch if pretty easy. Maybe rough it up a bit with some sandpaper. Never been a fan of oil based but I think flat or gloss enamel/latex will create a "skin" over the table. Whatever you choose I'd clear coat 2-3 layers when done

Sent from my iPhone

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Being Formica it may scratch if pretty easy. Maybe rough it up a bit with some sandpaper. Never been a fan of oil based but I think flat or gloss enamel/latex will create a "skin" over the table. Whatever you choose I'd clear coat 2-3 layers when done

Sent from my iPhone

After applying the decal or before?

I'd like to protect the decal as best I can, so I figure I'd do it afterwords.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man, I can't seem to locate a dual bat card for Belle from 2013 Tier ONE. The damn things are numbered out of /50 LOL... where are they?!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Hopefully this doesn't jinx it, but by the end of next week I should have a pretty cool 90s mail day...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
And I have some cool cards courtesy of Zach to scan as well in the next day or two...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Anyone in the MT have an Eddie Collins autograph? Such a cool signature.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
love to see mail dan. eddie collins auto? haven't looked one up. have a bat card

edit: just looked it up. nice "old" time looking auto.

Dan, what's your limits to your HOF auto collection? our criteria for a auto seems about the same. I've set my spending limit on auto's at the 500 range. though I have yet to get even close. most i've spent on any hof guy yet is 200-250.

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
love to see mail dan. eddie collins auto? haven't looked one up. have a bat card

edit: just looked it up. nice "old" time looking auto.

Dan, what's your limits to your HOF auto collection? our criteria for a auto seems about the same. I've set my spending limit on auto's at the 500 range. though I have yet to get even close. most i've spent on any hof guy yet is 200-250.

mine is probably about $1200 or so, and thats only if its a Walter Johnson cut auto.

OR...

if I have a huge chunk of Paypal sitting there and it's something I just can't pass up.

Otherwise, I'm right there at about the 350 range or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts