Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dustin Pedroia Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
Didn't see one of these threads dedicated to the Laser Show so thought I would start one. Very interested in seeing what other collector's have. I'll get it started with this.....

Hope to see what you other collectors are hiding in your PCs.

Thank you,
Rob

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
A little known fact about Pedroia cards:

He has blue ink and black ink autographs on his 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition card. The blue ink autos are much rarer than the black ink.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
A little known fact about Pedroia cards:

He has blue ink and black ink autographs on his 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition card. The blue ink autos are much rarer than the black ink.

This I did not know. Is their more information about this. I thought he signed the /100 in blue and the rest in black. example.....

2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Turn of the Century #262 Dustin Pedroia ROO 3/100

2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Status #262 Dustin Pedroia ROO 25/25

If your telling me I have a more rare auto, I'm very happy!

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
Any special reason that ya picked Pedroia to collect?
I was just a simple set collector for many years and realized I was starting to become a dying breed. With the "on-line age" and card collecting taking a totally different spin I was able to see how and what others collected. I grew up a Red Sox fan and Pedroia was making his debut when I said to myself, he's the guy I'm going to collect. lol, I was picking up his 2006 Upper Deck rookie for $0.25 a pop when I first started. Everyone thought he was going to tank with the first month he had. That was good for my wallet, then he became a star for the team, bad for my wallet but great for the value of my collection. Not that the value of my collection matters, it will eventually go to my daughters who will probably sell it in a garage sale for $25.00. It has also brought back a love of cardboard to my collecting so I'm glad I started.​

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
This I did not know. Is their more information about this. I thought he signed the /100 in blue and the rest in black. example.....

2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Turn of the Century #262 Dustin Pedroia ROO 3/100

2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Status #262 Dustin Pedroia ROO 25/25

If your telling me I have a more rare auto, I'm very happy!

It's for the base card autographs /1114 only. The parallels all seems to have blue/black ink auto'ed throughout. I made a master base set of 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition and tried adding as many variations as possible back in the day. The Pedroia blue ink auto base cards are much more rare than the black ink ones.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
It's for the base card autographs /1114 only. The parallels all seems to have blue/black ink auto'ed throughout. I made a master base set of 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition and tried adding as many variations as possible back in the day. The Pedroia blue ink auto base cards are much more rare than the black ink ones.

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I have to go searching for another card. Just checked my /1114 and it's in black ink.

Thank you,
Rob

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
My 11 yr old son collects Petey. I am trying to build the lettermen last name set with/for him. Missing the D O A for his last name if anyone here has dupes? 2009 upper deck.

My son has 6 autos, some GU and a lot of regular singles, its been fun taking him to card shows and seeing a little version of what I used to be.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
My 11 yr old son collects Petey. I am trying to build the lettermen last name set with/for him. Missing the D O A for his last name if anyone here has dupes? 2009 upper deck.

My son has 6 autos, some GU and a lot of regular singles, its been fun taking him to card shows and seeing a little version of what I used to be.

That's awesome! I will keep my eye out for him. Those letters are getting a lot harder to find.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I'm looking for the non-autographed version of this Pedroia card:

08_pedroia_auto_3of6.jpg

It is also numbered to 6.

If anyone knows of one, I would appreciate the heads up.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
I'm looking for the non-autographed version of this Pedroia card:

It is also numbered to 6.

If anyone knows of one, I would appreciate the heads up.

WOW, that is a beautiful card! Any particular reason you're looking for the non-auto?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Nice cards!
Not a DP collector myself but absolutely love his leadership and how he plays the game. I'll take him on my team any day. Here's my one and only auto. Respect the way he plays

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
Nice cards!
Not a DP collector myself but absolutely love his leadership and how he plays the game. I'll take him on my team any day. Here's my one and only auto. Respect the way he plays

Beautiful card, need to get one of those myself.

He has developed into quite the leader. I don't think it will happen, but I would love to see a team vote to put that "C" on his uniform.

Members online

Latest posts