Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starlin Castro detained by DR police

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
[MENTION=11815]Jorge[/MENTION]arangure: Tumultuous offseason for young Dominican ballplayers continues. @Enrique_Rojas1 reports Starlin Castro arrested after a nightclub shooting

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Cubs move him at this point. They have plenty of other young talent and options, including putting Baez at shortstop until Russell is ready.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
So so this is the second time this has happened with Castro?

If that's the case, it's only a matter of time before he's dead or in prison.

Hanging out in nightclubs is never good idea anywhere. Unless you want to get shot or stabbed.

If I understand correctly, this his the second time. He also had this issue in 2012:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ssault-allegations-starlin-castro-prosecutors

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Cubs move him at this point. They have plenty of other young talent and options, including putting Baez at shortstop until Russell is ready.

RotoWire News: Castro's agent, Paul Kinzer, refuted reports that the Cubs' shortstop was detained for questioning in connection with a nightclub shooting in the Dominican Republic, the Chicago Tribune reports. "[Castro] was not arrested or detained or anything," Kinzer said. "He went to the police station to make sure they knew he was not involved. They told him they had video so they knew he was not involved." (12/27/2014)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I don't dislike Castro in any way. He is a fine young talent.

But if he isn't careful, he will end up as a cautionary tale like Oscar.

I don't know why these DR players go back home during the offseason.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

This. Agreed, he seems to be more trouble than he's worth at this point for the Cubs.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
If I understand correctly, this his the second time. He also had this issue in 2012:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ssault-allegations-starlin-castro-prosecutors

RotoWire News: Castro's agent, Paul Kinzer, refuted reports that the Cubs' shortstop was detained for questioning in connection with a nightclub shooting in the Dominican Republic, the Chicago Tribune reports. "[Castro] was not arrested or detained or anything," Kinzer said. "He went to the police station to make sure they knew he was not involved. They told him they had video so they knew he was not involved." (12/27/2014)

This is exactly what I'd expect his agent to say irregardless of his actual involvement. I still remember Plaxico's agent when he shot himself in the foot lol - it'll be interesting to see how this actually plays out.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I don't dislike Castro in any way. He is a fine young talent.

But if he isn't careful, he will end up as a cautionary tale like Oscar.

I don't know why these DR players go back home during the offseason.
Because it's home.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
It also seems to be getting him in a ton of trouble.

If I'm from the hood, and I get out of the hood. I ain't going back to the hood.
Well, its a little early to say that hes in a ton of trouble, especially since none of us even know what happened, or his involvement in whatever happened. Its a bit different than being from the hood and leaving the hood.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts