Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Lumberjack Bingo: Official Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Welcome to the 2016 version of Lumberjack Bingo. It's time to unleash your inner Paul Bunyan, baseball style!

The contest will start on Opening Day (April 3rd), and will run through the entire 2016 season, ending Oct 2nd.

In the meantime, please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the game.

OVERVIEW

Harvest your tree as fast as possible to win some exciting prizes, including generous donations by your fellow FCB lumberjacks.

HOW TO PLAY

Each tree is 100% randomly generated, and is comprised of 12 branches and a trunk.

Branches consist of 1 to 5 sections, while the trunk is divided into 2 sections (left and right).

Each section features a baseball box score scenario from the 2016 season. Simply find an exact match for each scenario to clear the branch/trunk.

You must start with branch 1, and may only clear one branch at a time before moving down to the next branch.

Once a branch has been cleared, you may begin working on the next branch on the same day, but may not use an earlier date to clear it.

Unless otherwise specified, each scenario in a branch stands on its own and must be completed in a single day.

However, some branches require that all scenarios be completed in the same day.

Please refer to the Tools of the Trade section for important links to be used throughout the game.

ENHANCED TREES

As a token of thanks to the first 12 lumberjacks who agree to donate a bounty to the game (a card having a $20-$25 Ebay value), they will each receive two enhanced trees instead of one regular tree.

Each enhanced tree has the following characteristics that a regular tree does not:

1. Beginning with branch 8, they will have a slightly more relaxed schedule for the 3rd chainsaw option (see Chainsaw section for more details).

2. If they are the first lumberjack to harvest their tree, they will be able to select two Timber Bounties instead of one, with a combined overall value slightly higher than a regular Timber Bounty (see Timber Bounty section for more details)

PLEASE NOTE: Having an enhanced tree does not guarantee any bounty whatsoever, as they are still 100% randomly generated.

CHAINSAWS

If you are having trouble clearing branches 1-10, you can ditch your axe in favor of a chainsaw for immediate completion (and a potential bounty!).

The chainsaw for branches 11-12 only serve as an aid toward completion, not immediate completion.

The chainsaw may not be used on the trunk.

Each branch has 3 scenarios that will allow you to use your chainsaw to automatically clear the entire branch.

These scenarios are located in the lower left corner of your tree. Under each branch number:

1. The first team shown must hit 4 or more home runs in a single game or
2. The second team shown must strikeout 16 or more opponents in a single game or
3. A specific date is shown when a chainsaw can be used to clear that branch

If any one of those three scenarios have been met, you have cleared that branch and may start working on the next branch on the same day.

PLEASE NOTE:

-Only the 1st and 2nd chainsaw option can be used to earn a bounty

-The more sections a branch has, the longer you will have to wait before using the 3rd chainsaw option

-Although the 1st and 2nd chainsaw options are uncommon, if either one occurs, you will clear the branch much quicker than the traditional method of using box score outcomes to clear one section at a time. This will give you a distinct advantage over your opponents because you will not only have more time to complete the next branch, but you can earn a coveted bounty if you are the first to post your achievement!

COMPLETING A BRANCH

If you manage to complete a branch without using the 3rd chainsaw option, quickly post your achievement in the main thread.

If you are the first to do so, you win a bounty! See the Branch Bounty section below.

HARVESTING YOUR TREE

Clearing the trunk is the last stage of the game before harvesting your tree. You may work on both the left and right side of the trunk simultaneously, but each side stands on its own.

This means that the results from a team on one side may not be used toward the combined total for the other side.

Once you clear both sides of the trunk, congratulations! Your tree has been harvested. If you are the first to do so, you are ready to collect your Timber Bounty! See the Timber Bounty section below for details.

Please send me a PM with the dates you harvested your tree (cleared both sides of the trunk).

PLEASE NOTE: If you have harvested your tree, but are not the first to do so, you may still be eligible for a consolation bounty. See the Consolation Bounty section below for details.

BRANCH BOUNTY

As a reward for your dedication and perseverance, there will be up to 12 branch bounties available.

Once you have completed any of the 12 branches without using the 3rd chainsaw option, simply post your achievement in this thread, along with the date each section was completed, or the date the 1st or 2nd chainsaw option was used.

If you are the first to do so, you win a branch bounty (while supplies last)!

Once I have confirmed your branch, I will put you in contact with a fellow lumberjack who agreed to donate a bounty (card having an Ebay value of $20-25).

PLEASE NOTE: Branch bounties are not guaranteed. Again, they are only available to the first lumberjack to clear a branch without the use of the 3rd chainsaw option. They are also limited to the number of bounties donated by other lumberjacks.

TIMBER BOUNTY

The timber bounty will be provided by yours truly. At the bottom of your tree, you will find six random bounties.

If you have a regular tree, and are the first to harvest it, you will win your choice of any one of the bounties shown.

If you have an enhanced tree, and are the first to harvest it, you will win your choice of any two of the bounties shown.

The actual value of the Timber Bounty is unspecified, but it will be several times that of a branch bounty.

An enhanced Timber Bounty will be worth slightly more than a regular Timber Bounty.

PLEASE NOTE: Only one Timber Bounty is available (regular or enhanced tree), but is not guaranteed. A lumberjack must complete both the left and right sections of their trunk before the end of the regular season (Oct 2nd) to qualify. Remember, there is no chainsaw option for the trunk.

CONSOLATION BOUNTY

Any unclaimed Branch Bounties will go into a consolation pool.

Any lumberjack who harvests their tree before the end of the regular season, but after the Timber Bounty has been claimed, will be eligible to win one of the remaining unclaimed Branch Bounties. First come, first serve.

Simply post your achievement of harvesting your tree in this thread, along with the date each side of your trunk was cleared.

Once I confirm, I will put you in touch with a fellow lumberjack to receive your Consolation Bounty (while supplies last).

PLEASE NOTE: Consolation Bounties are not guaranteed, and are limited to the number of unclaimed Branch Bounties available. If no other lumberjack harvests their tree after the Timber Bounty has been rewarded, all unclaimed Branch Bounties will remain with the lumberjacks who agreed to donate them.

TOOLS OF THE TRADE

Please refer to the following links to help you clear branches and harvest your tree:

MLB.com must be used to verify all box scores.

Game Score is used for branch 3.

Bombs Away is used to verify the daily home run leaders if you have this scenario in branch 8.

Lights Out is used to verify the daily strikeout leaders if you have this scenario in branch 8.

FAQ

1. What is the most important thing I need to know about playing Lumberjack Bingo?
The most important thing to remember is that each scenario must be an exact match to what is indicated, unless otherwise specified.

2. What am I trying to accomplish with "Initial Reaction" in Branch 1?
This scenario features the initials of 6 major league batters and/or pitchers. To clear this branch, find at least three players with those initials who meet the criteria shown in a single day.

3. What is "Game Score" in Branch 3?
Game Score is a numeric value used by ESPN to assess a starting pitcher's overall performance.

For the initiated, the formula is:
50 + 1* Outs + 2 * IP after the 4th + 1 * K - 2 * H - 4 * ER - 2 * Unearned Runs - 1*BB

4. So Game Score is for starting pitchers. What if one of my teams plays a doubleheader? Can I count both toward my total?
In the event of a doubleheader, you may only use the higher of the two Game Scores for that team toward your overall combined total.

5. What do you mean by "Top Individual Batter" in Branch 7? The generally agreed best player on the team?
In Lumberjack Bingo, the Top Individual Batter refers to the player recording the single highest value in a single game for the scenario shown. Let's use the first scenario in the sample tree to illustrate:

Chi. White Sox
vs. Divisional Opp.
2+ Doubles

In order to cross this section off, you must have a White Sox batter record 2 or more doubles against an American League Central opponent (only Detroit, Kansas City, Cleveland, or Minnesota). However, if the scenario said "2 doubles", the single highest double total must be exactly 2, not 2 or more. Always look at the scenario carefully to see what is required before attempting to clear it.

6. Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of it. However, I have a "Lights Out" and/or "Bombs Away" scenario on Branch 8. Tell me more about that.
These scenarios refer to the entire league on a particular range of dates. Simply go to the appropriate link in the "Tools of the Trade" section above and find the combined number of home runs hit (Bombs Away) or number of pitchers who struck out 9+ batters (Lights Out) within the range of dates shown in your scenario.

7. "Aces and Jacks" on Branch 11 looks impossible. They are all studs, but I can't imagine them all striking out 8+ batters or hitting a home run on the same day.
I completely agree...and that's why only each pair of players have to achieve this on the same day, not all 5 pairs. Remember, unless otherwise specified, each scenario in a branch stands on its own and must be completed in a single day.

Having said that, this is not an easy branch to clear. If one or more of your pairs are especially difficult to clear (slump, injured, etc...), you can remove any two pairs of your choice on the date shown for branch 11.

8. Didn't we see Branch 12 somewhere before? What gives?
I liked the idea of "Initial Reaction" so much, I thought I'd round out the branches with an expanded version called "Initial Reaction Redux". The idea is the same, but more initials are available, more players need to meet the criteria shown, and the criteria is even more difficult to achieve! Not easy...or is it? If you run into trouble, check out your chainsaw chart. On the date shown for branch 12, you can use the initials in branch 1 as well to help clear this final branch before moving on to the trunk.

More FAQs will be posted here as they come up.

TREES

1. craiger122003 (enhanced)
2. craiger122003 (enhanced)
3. metallicalex777 (enhanced)
4. metallicalex777 (enhanced)
5. alexs64 (enhanced)
6. alexs64 (enhanced)
7. Therion (enhanced)
8. Therion (enhanced)
9. viper (enhanced)
10. viper (enhanced)
11. Johnny G (enhanced)
12. Johnny G (enhanced)
13. MrMet
14. clarkzac (enhanced)
15. clarkzac (enhanced)

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=2030]craiger122003[/MENTION], [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION], [MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION], [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION], [MENTION=12785]viper[/MENTION], [MENTION=2612]Johnny G[/MENTION], [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] , [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION]

Your trees (cards) are now available in the OP. Good luck!

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=2030]craiger122003[/MENTION], [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION], [MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION], [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION], [MENTION=12785]viper[/MENTION], [MENTION=2612]Johnny G[/MENTION], [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] , [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION]

Just a reminder that this game starts Sunday, April 3rd.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Although we didn't get the turnout I had hoped for, this should still provide some fun.

Thanks and good luck.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
@craiger122003, @metallicalex777, @alexs64, @Therion, @viper, @Johnny G, @MrMet , @clarkzac

Just a reminder that this game starts Sunday, April 3rd.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Although we didn't get the turnout I had hoped for, this should still provide some fun.

Thanks and good luck.

I've had my sheets printed out since you posted them. Thanks for adding to the excitement of the new MLB season Chris! Those that haven't signed up really don't understand how fun these annual contests are let alone the insane generosity of prizes behind them. Very much appreciated sir!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Thanks for adding to the excitement of the new MLB season Chris! Those that haven't signed up really don't understand how fun these annual contests are let alone the insane generosity of prizes behind them. Very much appreciated sir!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION]

Cleared branch 1 on both cards on 4/4.

Card 1: CG Carlos Gonzalez, JS Jean Segura, JH Jeremy Hellickson

Card 2: DS Denard Span, EE Eduardo Escobar, JP Joc Pedersen

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION]

Cleared branch 1 on both cards on 4/4.

Card 1: CG Carlos Gonzalez, JS Jean Segura, JH Jeremy Hellickson

Card 2: DS Denard Span, EE Eduardo Escobar, JP Joc Pedersen

Nice work! You win the first branch bounty.

Please send a PM to [MENTION=2030]craiger122003[/MENTION] to work out a prize. The next branch bounty will be provided by [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION].

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Man Good Job Johnny G My letters are pretty tough I keep getting only 2.
PM me with what team or who you collect. If I can't find something I already
have then I will purchase something for you.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
My first 2 branches are also cleared.

Tree #1
AG - Agon
CG - CarGo
GR (s/o) - Garrett Richards

Tree #2
AG - AGon
NA - Nolan Arenado
BB - Brandon Belt

Posting so you know I can work on the second branches.

Thanks!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
My first 2 branches are also cleared.

Tree #1
AG - Agon
CG - CarGo
GR (s/o) - Garrett Richards

Tree #2
AG - AGon
NA - Nolan Arenado
BB - Brandon Belt

Posting so you know I can work on the second branches.

Thanks!

Thanks for confirming!

[MENTION=2030]craiger122003[/MENTION]

Thank you again for your generosity!

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
On card 1, I'm clearing branch 2 via the chainsaw. I had Miami striking out 16 players yesterday. Fernandez 13, Jackson 1, and Narveson 2. Let me know if I did that correctly.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
On card 1, I'm clearing branch 2 via the chainsaw. I had Miami striking out 16 players yesterday. Fernandez 13, Jackson 1, and Narveson 2. Let me know if I did that correctly.

I think you have to wait until April 17th to use your chainsaw option:

Nice first win already though dude!

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I think you have to wait until April 17th to use your chainsaw option:

Nice first win already though dude!

Thanks!! I wasn't sure if it's the occurrence and date or occurrence or that date? I was curious as to whether to use it and move on or wait for the saves?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Thanks!! I wasn't sure if it's the occurrence and date or occurrence or that date? I was curious as to whether to use it and move on or wait for the saves?

I think you can only use the chainsaw on the date of 04/17, so just a one day use. So you will have to go after the saves hoping to complete it, but if you can't and you get to 04/17 without completion you can hope to use the chainsaw scenario on that actual date. [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] can clarify if I got anything wrong on that as I might have :)

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

Actually, you have cleared branch 2 correctly.

There are three chainsaw options for each branch. If you accomplish any of them, you have cleared the branch and can move on to the next one on the same day. If you look at the chainsaw chart in the lower left corner of your card, you will see each category is separated with "or".

However, only the first two chainsaw options (4+ HR, 16+ K) qualify for a prize (branch bounty).

Please see the Chainsaw section in the OP.

Please send a PM to [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION] to arrange your prize. Thanks, Alex!

The next branch bounty will be provided by [MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION]...unless he wins branch 3, in which case the prize will be provided by [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION]

Any questions, just ask!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Actually, you have cleared branch 2 correctly.

There are three chainsaw options for each branch. If you accomplish any of them, you have cleared the branch and can move on to the next one on the same day. If you look at the chainsaw chart in the lower left corner of your card, you will see each category is separated with "or".

However, only the first two chainsaw options (4+ HR, 16+ K) qualify for a prize (branch bounty).

Please see the Chainsaw section in the OP.

Please send a PM to @metallicalex777 to arrange your prize. Thanks, Alex!

The next branch bounty will be provided by @alexs64...unless he wins branch 3, in which case the prize will be provided by @Therion

Any questions, just ask!

My bad [MENTION=2612]Johnny G[/MENTION] !! And thanks for the clarification [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] , I promise to have this down by next year haha. Johnny, shoot me a list of who and what teams you collect and we can go from there :)

Members online