Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UP again !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I might be a member on BO? I actually don't know for sure if I registered or not. I'm not going to leave here unless Chris bans me for asking silly questions and bugging him on Twitter. Only other card site I use is Beckett for the marketplace. People leaving over little glitches or down time need to get a life. If I offended you, go spend time with your wife or kids. If you don't have a wife or kids, make it happen. Or get a pet.

This notice is required by law.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
It's a matter of how you feel about belonging to this community. Since its free most of us could care less about slow load times or the rare downtime. It's obviously frustrating at times, but the community makes it worth going through the growing pains. This isn't a tech savvy crew obviously so I don't expect a site without flaws - especially if I am not paying for it. The only people that should have any public complaints are vendors paying for advertising space.

Personally I feel it's my obligation to help out when I can even though I'm not a staff member. I have enjoyed countless hours here (though extremely limited the last couple years) and hope to continue to do so. I feel in order to be here I should contribute, be a part of the solution, don't be a complainer, and if you have to complain, have a solution ready or be prepared to be a part of the solution.

If I ever had a problem with how the board is being run, or the performance, or the administration, I would take it to PM. Public "wtf chris" messages don't ever help the problem, they just make you look like a whiney, ungrateful person because you do it publicly, not privately.

I also feel if people leave because they believe their convenience on a free site is more important than the value of the community, then fine, they don't deserve to be here.

If you feel membership is on the decline, don't bother complaining in a thread, they know, try asking what you can do to help - IN A PM.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I think you are over emotionalizing it a bit. Sure there is a good core sample of users (like me) that despite the shortcomings will migrate back, however many users, with habitual down time, will simply go elsewhere and every time they are forced to go elsewhere there is a chance they are going to start to go somewhere else first and perhaps not here much, or at all. It is not a personal or emotional thing, just a simplistic & convenience thing. Like any establishment, if you are forcing your 'user base' to go elsewhere, even if only briefly here and there, there is a good chance some are not going to come back. It has nothing to do with being over emotional at all...

Having said all of that, I like the new features being added & tweaked, and understand the logistics involved so I accept and roll with the inconveniences. But I would be lying if I said I have not been spending a good amount of time on other forums because of said slow or 'down times' here at FCB. Personally, I would prefer a more balanced approach with regards to performance & features, if the site does not have the manpower to keep it going uninterrupted while trying to implement features that only a small part of the user base may be using. Of course this is all my personal opinion and will support FCB in any direction they (he) wants to go.
This is exactly what I am talking about. I am not going anywhere as this is the only sports card site I go to. I am talking about the person who shows up out of the blue or from a google search. They come on here a couple of times, the site is slow or doesn't work, guess what they won't be back. It is along the same lines as if they show up and are attacked by members because of a stupid question. They won't be back either.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
It's a matter of how you feel about belonging to this community. Since its free most of us could care less about slow load times or the rare downtime. It's obviously frustrating at times, but the community makes it worth going through the growing pains. This isn't a tech savvy crew obviously so I don't expect a site without flaws - especially if I am not paying for it. The only people that should have any public complaints are vendors paying for advertising space.

Personally I feel it's my obligation to help out when I can even though I'm not a staff member. I have enjoyed countless hours here (though extremely limited the last couple years) and hope to continue to do so. I feel in order to be here I should contribute, be a part of the solution, don't be a complainer, and if you have to complain, have a solution ready or be prepared to be a part of the solution.

If I ever had a problem with how the board is being run, or the performance, or the administration, I would take it to PM. Public "wtf chris" messages don't ever help the problem, they just make you look like a whiney, ungrateful person because you do it publicly, not privately.

I also feel if people leave because they believe their convenience on a free site is more important than the value of the community, then fine, they don't deserve to be here.

If you feel membership is on the decline, don't bother complaining in a thread, they know, try asking what you can do to help - IN A PM.

without you we would still be sitting at a 500 error

ANY TIME you are willing to investigate slowness please let me know. :)

I'd gladly compensate

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Frustrating? Not even IMO.. Bit of a slow down every now n then and downtime that was what? Less than a day? And definitely not often.. No biggie.

I picked this as my go to site due to the community and what this forum offers.. 1000 hours of conversation/whatever I find stimulating here trumps 20 hours of downtime and/or random slowness tenfold.

I look at being here like a friendship, whether your friend is nice or a dick, he's still your friend.

XXXX happens, let's move on.

Please take a look at my blog http://baseballpackaday.blogspot.com
Always looking for good deals and/or donations for packs!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Chris, you're making me spend more time with my wife!

Ain't cool man!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yikes! That cant happen!

It may have been slow, but I just did other things. I did visit Blowout, read about a Make a Wish with King Felix which was pretty cool, but then realized after going thru the rest of the first page that I dont like blowout. I like the feeling here, the family vibe. So if the site is buggy, oh well. I know Chris is trying his best and will get fixed eventually. In the meantime, I scanned cards I needed to scan, i organized a bit, etc etc.

Last edited:

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Yikes! That cant happen!

It may have been slow, but I just did other things. I did visit Blowout, read about a Make a Wish with King Felix which was pretty cool, but then realized after going thru the rest of the first page that I dont like blowout. I like the feeling here, the family vibe. So if the site is buggy, oh well. I know Chris is trying his best and will get fixed eventually. In the meantime, I scanned cards I needed to scan, i organized a bit, etc etc.

I did the same. But I belong to Beckett as well. It's to slow there though I have done good online friends there and BO drives me insane with 48 out of 50 threads about "which prospect..." "Who should I invest in".. Seriously as much as chrome color autos are available there I'd think I could get them a dime a dozen. Here I've made some good "friends" who I enjoy talking to and helping out in their collections if possible

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I always know if the site goes down it will come back. Chris and everyone else who work hard to make this place better
Are what makes this comunity the best.
Without them.....where would we be, where can you find a better comunity of collectors? ROCK ON FCB

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Such "First World" problems....Good Gosh, how will my life continue when the free internet site goes down for a few hours. I guess I'll just have to go to Starbucks for a Grande double decaf, extra hot, mocha Latte.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
At least Chris is open about the problems. He could blame it on "technical issues" and leave it at that, like most sites do. Like the all-too-common "bug fixes" response you see lately with app updates.

Latest posts