Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Race To Easter 1976 SSPC Project>>>>>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I hand write.. I feel it's a must but jeez it's so tedious that's why I only got 14 done and haven't started doin more.. Need a break haha just did mostly the closer guys to try to race for the first return and a few that I actually knew of, hope to mail more out in a couple days if I don't get lazy

That's why I go short but sweet

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Tried to but ended up havin about 3 paragraphs per.. Wanted to try to say something different to everyone but pretty much sent the same exact letter to everyone maybe a few a tiny bit different, extra sentence or different wording

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Tried to but ended up havin about 3 paragraphs per.. Wanted to try to say something different to everyone but pretty much sent the same exact letter to everyone maybe a few a tiny bit different, extra sentence or different wording

Holy crap man, I think I wrote two or three sentences per

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
....I hand write too. It is hard to write to guys I know little about. For this project I said something about the historic '75 season for the Sox. Some of the lesser guys didn't even play in the play-offs/WS.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'll be honest... I use to write long personal letters and now it's just a quick letter to each asking for an autograph, etc. I honestly have a feeling none of these guys read the letters... just rip open envelop, sign card and put back in the envelop. Just my feelings but who knows.

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
I'll be honest... I use to write long personal letters and now it's just a quick letter to each asking for an autograph, etc. I honestly have a feeling none of these guys read the letters... just rip open envelop, sign card and put back in the envelop. Just my feelings but who knows.

I agree. I used to write something personal in all of my letters but it still sounded like I was just asking for an autograph. Now I just say I collect autographs and ask if he will sign my cards. I thank him for his time and that's it.

I will say that a couple of years ago I wrote a page and a half letter to Stan Musial with a ball to sign. He sent me back my ball, an additional signed ball and paid the extra postage back. So I do think that sometimes they are read.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If I were sending to a HOFer or sending a ball or bat or something crazy to sign, it'd be a different story... a lot of these guys aren't worth the time, effort and stamps for their autograph on the single card I sent. Maybe one day I'll wise up and send a few cards like most of you guys to make it more bang for the buck.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
First success today. It's actually IP instead of TTM. ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1390688023.604834.jpg

Doug Flynn. He was signing at the Reds Caravan stop in Indianapolis. He inscribed Big Red Machine as well.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks guys. Here's a scan instead of the cell phone pic.

attachment.php

I am not complaining at all, it would have looked better in blue. I know that's nitpicking, but I'm not complaining. I just thought it was funny that they gave each signer 1 black sharpie, 1 blue ink pen. :lol:

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Thanks guys. Here's a scan instead of the cell phone pic.

attachment.php

I am not complaining at all, it would have looked better in blue. I know that's nitpicking, but I'm not complaining. I just thought it was funny that they gave each signer 1 black sharpie, 1 blue ink pen. :lol:

Nice. I am hoping some start rolling in for everyone soon.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
[MENTION=1866]muskiesfan[/MENTION] got the first IP, do I get any credit for first TTM?

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1390852661.044893.jpg

Steady Eddie Kranepool

Latest posts