Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
Whoa. Is this one of the tougher Epix cards? I don't think I've ever seen this one sell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371327778321?_trksid=p2060353.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I was wondering if and when someone would ask about this one! Contrary to some research out there, with ALL the research I've done on these, there are ONLY 30 of these Emerald Season cards. The emerald cards were 10% of the production line from a total of 300. 20% were the purple and 70% went to the orange.

On top of that, this particular card (the Seasons cards #1-10 ) came from the 98 'Dear to Tear' Zenith product. How much of those went un-torn??!! I myself have the torn and un-torn large cards from the set, similar to the tins that were from the Donruss Preferred sets!

Whoever won this, won it at a steal. It's a BEAUTIFUL and SCARCE card from a Very Unpopular product!! Congrats to the winner!

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I was wondering if and when someone would ask about this one! Contrary to some research out there, with ALL the research I've done on these, there are ONLY 30 of these Emerald Season cards. The emerald cards were 10% of the production line from a total of 300. 20% were the purple and 70% went to the orange.

On top of that, this particular card (the Seasons cards #1-10 ) came from the 98 'Dear to Tear' Zenith product. How much of those went un-torn??!! I myself have the torn and un-torn large cards from the set, similar to the tins that were from the Donruss Preferred sets!

Whoever won this, won it at a steal. It's a BEAUTIFUL and SCARCE card from a Very Unpopular product!! Congrats to the winner!

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

I don't think I've ever seen one at all. Crazy! A steal on eBay, on a rare Griffey card, listed at auction, by Probstein! Something tells me this shouldve gone much, much higher

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think I've ever seen one at all. Crazy! A steal on eBay, on a rare Griffey card, listed at auction, by Probstein! Something tells me this shouldve gone much, much higher

1998epixemerald.jpg

1998epixpurple.jpg

1998epixorange.jpg

Last edited:

bodisurfa

Aug 7, 2008
I thought the Emerald "Moments" were the ones produced to /30?

I know Baseball Card Pedia states your above percentage (Emerald 10%, Purple 20%, and 70% Orange), but I'm looking at a baseball Beckett Almanac and that's stating that the Emerald Moments are produced to /30. I'm wondering which is the correct info...

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I thought the Emerald "Moments" were the ones produced to /30?

I know Baseball Card Pedia states your above percentage (Emerald 10%, Purple 20%, and 70% Orange), but I'm looking at a baseball Beckett Almanac and that's stating that the Emerald Moments are produced to /30. I'm wondering which is the correct info...
According to Pinnacle Brands, only 30 copies of each Emerald Season card were produced although the cards are not serial-numbered. the non all star Griffey Moments were scheduled for insertion into packs of 1998 Pinnacle Certified, but were never released. I would agree on your coment on the Moments

Epix (1:21 packs): Epix was a big cross-brand, multifractured insert set produced by Pinnacle in 1998. These were randomly inserted into packs of Pinnacle, Score, and Zenith. There were 24 players in this set and each had 12 different Epix cards to chase after! There are 4 tiers in this set. They are (in no particular order): Play, Game, Season, and Moment. Each of these tiers is also available in 3 different colors: Orange (common), Purple (rare), Emerald (very rare). There are no stated odds on any specific tier/color combinations with the exception of the Emerald Moments, which have a print run of just 30.

Last edited:

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I haven't seen many of the seasons actually they are def rare. If anyone won this please PM me!

Last edited:

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
The seasons are rare as well but the Moments are /30 as stated. Like most non-serial numbered inserts from '97-'98 they are under appreciated on the market (well, not for Griffey!) probably because they're regarded with some level of skepticism. The misinformation doesn't help. Nor the presence of the all-star versions.

Members online

Latest posts