Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you thoroughly read all Ebay descriptions before purchasing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have been guilty of not doing this on many occasions, and I usually only notice after I get something that surprises me and I go back to see if it was my fault of the seller. This just happened to me recently when I didn't spend enough time looking at the pictures of a listing. It was a signed Goudey card. I won, got it and a large area of the back surface was missing paper. I went back and sure enough, it was clear as day in the picture I never bothered to look at. I was disappointed in myself, but really got it for the autograph. I just prefer my signed cards to be in the best possible condition and major flaws will detract from the item I'n my mind.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Most definitely. Just like with anything outside of ebay, I want to know what I'm actually getting before buying and if I have questions, I ask before the item ends and not after.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Why wouldn't everyone read it?
I'm actually very surprised there's people here who don't.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
I try to and am not a fan of those who write long descriptions and bury key details at the bottom--like a box sale and at the end is the key info, such as it's actually retail, a blaster, etc.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I try to and am not a fan of those who write long descriptions and bury key details at the bottom--like a box sale and at the end is the key info, such as it's actually retail, a blaster, etc.

Then I'll keep it brief. This post is a Winner in this week's "random post" Contest!

You got $1 FCB Buck and it will be added to your Total on Sunday, Congrats!

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Then I'll keep it brief. This post is a Winner in this week's "random post" Contest!

You got $1 FCB Buck and it will be added to your Total on Sunday, Congrats!

Wow, cool! I can get someone to proof read auctions for me now! :p

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Common sense would say that I look at all of the description and I should do so, but I find myself at times not being thorough. I almost got bit again on a recent '63 Fleer raw card on my watch list. It looked really nice and the bidding wasn't high at all, so in this case I read the description and it stated paper loss on back. Glad I didn't bid... Anyway, it's got me a few times in the past, but it's been my fault "most" of the time. Other times the seller will "hide" the issues within the description.

Dpendola

Apr 16, 2013
Unfortunately yes, I bid on an autographed Larry Fitzgerald card that was a good deal so I bid without looking at description...after I win realize that the card itself does not have a CoA and that this is apparently in IPA, which makes me believe it is not real. I only paid 10 dollars so it's not that big I a deal, but for all I know it could be real right?

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I received the card yesterday, the picture in the auction didn't clearly show the extent of the creasing, but I guess he had it covered with his description. Live and burn

Members online

Latest posts