Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********THURSDAY MORNING THREAD 5/26 ********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Does anyone know who the player is pictured on the 1988 Prince William Yankees pocket schedule? I am guess the picture is from the '87 team. Uniform number 24 or 34, anyone? [MENTION=4035]DaClyde[/MENTION]

0vr7soio.jpeg
p

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Evening all!

Another long one and next week looks bad for that. But the Mrs. got a GREAT job today, 1 of 3 offers within 5 hours, and that means less crappy work for me and time to start looking at cards besides the Commons bins...

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Does anyone know who the player is pictured on the 1988 Prince William Yankees pocket schedule? I am guess the picture is from the '87 team. Uniform number 24 or 34, anyone? @DaClyde

Unless the lighting is just really altering his skin tone, It has to be one of these:

Ysidro Giron (P)
Ramon Manon (P)
Hensley Meulens
Alan Mills (P)
Hector Vargas

Given that Giron, Manon and Mills don't seem to have batting records for 1987, that would leave Meulens or Vargas. I'll need to dig up a game program to find a roster sheet with the team's uniform numbers. Meulens usually wore 31 or 32, but that may not have started until he got to Columbus.

-------------------

That didn't take long, I found a 1987 Prince William Yankees program in eBay completed listings. #24 was in fact Hensley Meulens in 1987!

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Unless the lighting is just really altering his skin tone, It has to be one of these:

Ysidro Giron (P)
Ramon Manon (P)
Hensley Meulens
Alan Mills (P)
Hector Vargas

Given that Giron, Manon and Mills don't seem to have batting records for 1987, that would leave Meulens or Vargas. I'll need to dig up a game program to find a roster sheet with the team's uniform numbers. Meulens usually wore 31 or 32, but that may not have started until he got to Columbus.

-------------------

That didn't take long, I found a 1987 Prince William Yankees program in eBay completed listings. #24 was in fact Hensley Meulens in 1987!

Perfect, thanks!! I was hoping it was him or Bernie for my PC. Thanks for the investigative skills. Kevin in CT.