Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Five Star Group Break... The Spoils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
debbie-downer.jpg

Maybe. Happy for Mudflap02 and the great amount of $ he's gonna get when he puts it on eBay. But the bottom line is, as I pointed out in the Schmidt thread, that this high end stuff seems a little sketchy. If an expert on Musual stuff wants to come here and say I'm wrong, then I'll accept their opinion. Otherwise, it is my opinion that Topps is capable of anything shady and this very well can be a store model bat.

Now, hopefully Topps won't threaten to sue me too...

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Props to Gilmo for having the break off camera yet still going through with that pull. Some lesser moralled individuals would have canceled the break due to technical difficulties and opened another box.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Props to Gilmo for having the break off camera yet still going through with that pull. Some lesser moralled individuals would have canceled the break due to technical difficulties and opened another box.

WOW. Have you always been such an idiot? Or is this just a recent trend?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
WOW. Have you always been such an idiot? Or is this just a recent trend?

While I appreciate the insult, I'm not quite sure how it was deserved in this case. I was simply stating that there are plenty of unethical individuals in the hobby who do "group breaks" who would see an $800-1000 card on top of the box, then claim that the break had to be redone, and then grab another box. I was complimenting Chris' ethics for not being one of those people, not that it was in question in the first place.

Simmer down.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
While I appreciate the insult, I'm not quite sure how it was deserved in this case. I was simply stating that there are plenty of unethical individuals in the hobby who do "group breaks" who would see an $800-1000 card on top of the box, then claim that the break had to be redone, and then grab another box. I was complimenting Chris' ethics for not being one of those people, not that it was in question in the first place.

Simmer down.

You whole comment was just uncalled for. Plain and simple. There wasn't anything stated previously that would warrant you to even post it.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
You whole comment was just uncalled for. Plain and simple. There wasn't anything stated previously that would warrant you to even post it.

Uncalled for? In a hobby/business full of ******, I complimented the guy's ethics. Are we living in a society where one cannot compliment someone's ethics?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

Is +1 still allowed 'cuz I totally agree...

And it's kinda funny that Jeff even riles someone when he's paying someone else a compliment!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
how nice of topps to send FCB a loaded box. ;)

seriously, great break. I don't think I"ve noticed any five star box break that has been greater than this one.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Congrats to the winners & as Jeff said kudos to Gilmo for being the standup guy that we never doubted he was. That Musial is amazing!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Thanks to our new chat system, he told me to enjoy the lunch my wife made me, "a sandwich of baby dicks and mayo".

There are ********** everywhere. It's nice to see someone out himself.

No one asked you to message me. And if you are going to quote me John Gibbons, do it correctly.

I said, "I hope you enjoy the lunch your wife packed for you, I heard you liked baby dicks and mayo."

No mention of a sandwich at all, but if that is how you fancy them, more power to you.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
No one asked you to message me. And if you are going to quote me John Gibbons, do it correctly.

I said, "I hope you enjoy the lunch your wife packed for you, I heard you liked baby dicks and mayo."

No mention of a sandwich at all, but if that is how you fancy them, more power to you.

this thread delivers

Members online

Latest posts