Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Stadium Club Executive edge gold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
in the middle of a stack of 2012 Archives, with and without flash

Also, those that have gotten these - are yours a bit smallish? Mine is definitely not as big as it should be.QUOTE]

That's what she said.

It doesn't take much for a print shop to lay some gold foil down on a brick of cards. Odd that this comes out 20 years later. I don't buy it.

Have you seen the sheer number of Topps proof cards the seller has? He's got a ton of awesome uncut panels, printer proofs, etc. I've bought some from him and they are all professional quality - no doubt Topps issues. I see no reason why his Topps source shouldn't have a complete test/prototype set of gilded edge 93 Stadium Club. If any ex-Topps employee or printer hired on Topps behalf decided to clean out his files years later, why is it odd that they come to sale now? Just like you or me having a garage sale - there's gonna be some old junk we no longer want.

That said, still not paying $25 for the Grace.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Something was bugging me about these cards, like I had heard of them before, and I finally found there was a 1996 Topps Gilt-Edge Football set. I don't think I ever handled any of those cards myself, and I can't find any pics of them showing the edges of the cards. Anyone have any? Maybe they eventually recycled this technology into a flopped FB set?

Yeah I have owned some of those Gilt Edge FB cards and it's the same "technology"...just regular cards with gold or silver leaf edges. I assume that these were some type of a test run to see how gilt edges looked on cards and it eventually led to the FB set, which must have been a flop because they never tried it again.

The only time I can think of that a gilt-edge card would look cool is if it were a really thick card. Otherwise you can hardly tell.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
What picture do you want? :lol:

The damn things on eBay have the same picture! I'm sure they're hard as hell to take a picture of just one when any of us receive them... we'll see... for now, here is the eBay picture!

$T2eC16J,!y8E9s2figOUBRmr(Gp0,Q~~60_57.JPG
even thoses Dings are filled wif that there Gold..................
some odd reason 1992 Bowman just crossed my mind, thoses gold foiled ones.............. the edges are gold on thoses too

Last edited:

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
I think one of the reasons they are just coming available is due to the recent death of said ex topps employee. The seller bought the items from the son who is probably just selling off a bunch of his fathers stuff.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Got mine in the mail today, and I am happy. No use to post a picture, I think everyone gets it. I will say, though, it's a touch smaller, the gold is not consistent on all four sides, and it feels a little "flimsier" than I imagined it would. I need to go grab a real Stadium Club card to compare, but I remember them being more sturdy, more "photo-like"...this is very "card-like"...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Got mine in the mail today, and I am happy. No use to post a picture, I think everyone gets it. I will say, though, it's a touch smaller, the gold is not consistent on all four sides, and it feels a little "flimsier" than I imagined it would. I need to go grab a real Stadium Club card to compare, but I remember them being more sturdy, more "photo-like"...this is very "card-like"...

I got the Belle as well. Let's put it this way... I'm not 100% sure it's anything more than a complete test by someone at Stadium Club back in the day... mine doesn't appear to have gold on all four sides and nothing stands out as anything special really. I think I got a more than fair price for $10. I'd be PISSED if I paid $200 or something crazy for one of the big names.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I got the Belle as well. Let's put it this way... I'm not 100% sure it's anything more than a complete test by someone at Stadium Club back in the day... mine doesn't appear to have gold on all four sides and nothing stands out as anything special really. I think I got a more than fair price for $10. I'd be PISSED if I paid $200 or something crazy for one of the big names.
100% agree!!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Yeah, good luck with that!

Im not sure a topps cs person can even tell you how to spell "topps"

thatsawinner

Jun 4, 2013
I recently bought 4 cards from this dealer as well that are proof cards and are pretty cool. I got a stadium club with green foil, and 3 of the stadium club first day issue proofs with the white borders. These cards look great. I think it is nice that most or all of his cards are Stadium Club. To me this makes the story more believable than if he had connections at several different card companies.

dolphinscards2000

Jun 28, 2013
1993 stadium club edge gold

i been tring today to get in touch with topps the numbers are no longer in use finures if someone is a player clocter like my self there are seral cards most dont relize like the 87 donrouns the wax and facky have dint backs one is facing the left and the other right

Members online

Latest posts