Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Stadium Club Executive edge gold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
i been tring today to get in touch with topps the numbers are no longer in use finures if someone is a player clocter like my self there are seral cards most dont relize like the 87 donrouns the wax and facky have dint backs one is facing the left and the other right

Good info, will add the 1987 Donrouns Ripken facky dint back to my master list

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Checking out this guy's listings. Plenty of stuff that seems legit. And a reasonable and courteous response to the inquiries about this issue.

But my question is, how does he have so many proof issues from different manufacturers (Topps and Fleer / Skybox) and from different eras (early 90s, mid 2000s, even some of the unautographed Chrome 2012)?

Any connection to a Topps exec / printer etc would seem to limit him to a certain era / manufacturer.

There must be doubts as to the authenticity of some of his listings -- ie, he has totally normal 1999 Topps MVP cards (unnumbered but known to be only 100 copies) not receiving bids at $5-10 for minor stars. That's not in line with normal market value right?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I bought several leximo listings last week, and since he threw in the "Executive Gold Edge" for $2.50, I went ahead and bought it.

I've tried to capture in the photos below what the gold edge looks like. In my opinion, this isn't a slapdash second-hand attempt to create something unique. I believe it was done by Topps from the feel and look of the card. It looks professionally done. It seems like the gold edge is part of the card. I don't know the process they used to just gold leaf the edge, but it was done well. I think it was a test, and if their response to it was like my own - kinda cool but mostly unnoticable and doesn't add much to the card at all - it probably never went much further than a test run that ended up a curiosity on some executive or employee's desk, that found its way into the hobby years later. Just a guess on my part, based on no empirical knowledge.

93STADIUMCLUBGOLDEDGE1.jpg

93STADIUMCLUBGOLDEDGE2.jpg

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Searching through some boxes I recently purchased, there was a 1993-94 Hockey inserts set that had two different edgings like this. One was silver and the other was gold.

I would say 100% legit, as there were other sets around that time that used the same technology.

Members online