Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Card Bought & Relisted by Buyer - Really??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Original griffeyfan24 auction for a 1998 Donruss Crusade Randy Johnson RED #9 /25 & PSA 10. He had been listing it for $5K & doing his normal 80% selling tactic, I think the card was always around $1,200 when listed.

Well it shows that on 10/06 he SOLD IT for $5,250 straight up, no offer just give it to me full f'n price. I was like yeah right, sham bid & it'll be relisted soon enough to junk up my searches.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDY-JOHNS...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Flash forward to today, and the card sold, the same #9 /25 PSA 10, has been relisted.....by someone else.....for $15,000!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDY-JOHNS...1481007425?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item20f0ecd941

I mean, is this real? Was this actually a drug deal paid via Paypal with a baseball card cover story, or does the new seller, austinhomefinancing, actually have aspirations for a $10K flip? I'm baffled and can't believe there is anyone of such business savy not already headhunted into the exciting & fasted paced sector of government bureaucracy.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Why is it the same pic? if they wanted to resell I'd certainly get a better picture and multiples of the label and card itself. I would bet it's the same seller if not a close friend

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
He is impossible to deal with. I actually bought 1 card once. He ran one of his "sales" and the card was actually at the going rate. Mistake on his part. Other than that he will not go near a real price. I've went back an forth with him to no avail.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I have also tried to work with him several times on some Andre Dawson cards but have never reached a deal.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
He is impossible to deal with. I actually bought 1 card once. He ran one of his "sales" and the card was actually at the going rate. Mistake on his part. Other than that he will not go near a real price. I've went back an forth with him to no avail.

About 1.3% of his total listings actually sell...he must drive a very hard bargain..

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
that was my first thought. lol

i wish you could block sellers and their items would not show up in your searches.

There is a thread about the most overpriced cards that will never sell, and the majority of the listings are of cards shown by griffeyfan24 and vintagesnowmobile.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I can't stand the guy.

As for the OP and question, it is all BS I'm guessing... makes zero sense IMO.

I'm starting to think maybe it's some scheme to make his cards look like they are worth those insane prices by having a few of them show in ended auctions as sold like this. That's the only thing that makes any sense.

Members online

Latest posts