Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Epix Promo Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I just listed all 3 colors on eBay. Isn't there someone on here who needs the Emerald version?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I'm so glad I hooked you up with the purple "for your set" at $12.

Didn't the last emerald sell for about $25 via BO?
Item: 321827465732

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I'm so glad I hooked you up with the purple "for your set" at $12.

Didn't the last emerald sell for about $25 via BO?
Item: 321827465732
Thanks for trying to call me out:)

I paid 35 for the Emerald and 40 for the Orange and 12 for the Purple. I traded all my Jeter Epix cards for a 1/1 Warrick Dunn so I was selling these. You gave me a great deal and I appreciated it. I listed them all the same price on eBay and know they will sell for less that is why I listed them OBO.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Thanks for trying to call me out:)

I paid 35 for the Emerald and 40 for the Orange and 12 for the Purple. I traded all my Jeter Epix cards for a 1/1 Warrick Dunn so I was selling these. You gave me a great deal and I appreciated it. I listed them all the same price on eBay and know they will sell for less that is why I listed them OBO.

wow...didn't realize they went THAT high....i recently picked up my orange as part of a 2-card lot for 6.20 dlvd and at the time it was the only one visible on ebay , either active or completed so i had nothing to compare it to (i've known about them for year , but had never bothered to track prices yet since i was - or still am - so far away on both my baseball and football master sets , making the promos a semi-low priority).....guess i'll be waiting a bit longer for the two i still need....

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
wow...didn't realize they went THAT high....i recently picked up my orange as part of a 2-card lot for 6.20 dlvd and at the time it was the only one visible on ebay , either active or completed so i had nothing to compare it to (i've known about them for year , but had never bothered to track prices yet since i was - or still am - so far away on both my baseball and football master sets , making the promos a semi-low priority).....guess i'll be waiting a bit longer for the two i still need....

The Emerald is the most rare and I had a Best offer accepted on eBay. The purple is 2nd most rare and j got a great deal and the orange is the most common but I lost one on eBay at $29 and the next one I didn't lose and there were several bidders.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I should probably add these to my collection one day since I have all of Thomas' versions, and the various promo materials sent to shops.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
They pop right up if you search "epix promo".

An earlier comment brings up an interesting topic. If you "help" someone out with a set or collecting need with a deal, is there some expectation that this particular card or item will not be flipped or sold later for a greater profit. Is the recipient of the deal expected to forego the potential profit later because they got such a good deal on their end? I referred to a 1970s trade periodical article shared on another site in which prominent collector Lionel Carter was disturbed that some kids had bought some of his penny cards (he had priced them below cost specifically to help other collectors) and turned right around, selling them for double the price to another dealer! The nerve of those kids!

Collecting has pretty much become a business. I think if you deal something away, you should have no expectations as to where that item will end up eventually. You see comments made all the time about how this card isn't going anywhere, a cornerstone of "my PC', etc, but in the end, it is that persons item to do with as they choose. If you are offering a deal to someone, I believe you have to do it with no strings attached.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I just noticed that I have the orange one myself. Not sure when or where I got it, but I always like to pick up oddball stuff for cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if I found it in a quarter box at some point. Heck, I might even have one of the other ones from before tucked away.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
The Emerald is the most rare and I had a Best offer accepted on eBay. The purple is 2nd most rare and j got a great deal and the orange is the most common but I lost one on eBay at $29 and the next one I didn't lose and there were several bidders.

i know the order of rarity , and i know from the various threads here they are a bit hard to find and somewhat pricey , but i was still shocked to hear what you'd paid for the orange when i was able to get mine just last month for so little ....with no others visible , i wasn't able to see similar sales so i gambled and apparently won...perhas because it was not listed as a an epix PROMO as mrmopar mentions.....

They pop right up if you search "epix promo".

An earlier comment brings up an interesting topic. If you "help" someone out with a set or collecting need with a deal, is there some expectation that this particular card or item will not be flipped or sold later for a greater profit. Is the recipient of the deal expected to forego the potential profit later because they got such a good deal on their end? I referred to a 1970s trade periodical article shared on another site in which prominent collector Lionel Carter was disturbed that some kids had bought some of his penny cards (he had priced them below cost specifically to help other collectors) and turned right around, selling them for double the price to another dealer! The nerve of those kids!

Collecting has pretty much become a business. I think if you deal something away, you should have no expectations as to where that item will end up eventually. You see comments made all the time about how this card isn't going anywhere, a cornerstone of "my PC', etc, but in the end, it is that persons item to do with as they choose. If you are offering a deal to someone, I believe you have to do it with no strings attached.

the bargain found was listed as an epix HEADER....for the most part , unless i find a decent lot , i usually only chase emeralds right now (a budgetary issue) , but my ebey search isnt set up to filter out the orange and purples JUST IN CASE a deal comes along....this one was listed with a terrell davis orange moment which i already had in my set , but the promo caught my eye....

as for re-selling items ....i try to be tactful - very seldom will i try to quickly flip items in the same venue in which i acquired it.....i NEVER sell a GIFT or a PRIZE ....that said , with me being unemployed , i am in a position in which i do need to make money off my cards and sometimes that includes breaking thins out of the PC as much as it pains me....for those who do give someone a great deal and then get upset when they see it moved on at actual market value , all i can say is that if the cardboard meant that much to you , you should not have given someone a below market deal merely because the item fit their PC at the time...far too many collectors are quite fickle with short attention spans or see dollar signs and feel the need to strike while the iron is hot....

just my 2 cents...

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I bought a Sports Cards magazine just for this as a kid in the late 90s. I was so upset the card wasn't of a player (ie worthless) I ended up cutting one of the corners into a very round shape. It was a purple.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Regarding the reselling; I resell NOTHING. I only buy griffey and it's only for my personal collection.

I am also shocked at what these promo go for. I'm actually just looking for Griffey emerald and not the nameless promo cards, but it's surprising. Great job!

Skippy100

Sep 21, 2015
Ha! I found I have an orange version of one of these last month in my stack of oddball pack advertisements I had stuffed away many years ago.
The crazy thing is I think I remember seeing these in dollar boxes years ago. Yep...

Members online