Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SF Giants talk and collecting thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Nice. What would be your "dream team" to make this complete?

Hmm... Well, I didnt want to just do a current roster. I wanted players that I have grown to enjoy watching, and have great on field and off field personalities. Thats why I have Affeldt and Pence, and Pagan who plays with fire and intensity. I loved having Morse on the team, he had a great personality, so I had to include him (again, no Giants card Auto, so I had to make my own). I love our infield. Crawford is amazing, and I have really enjoyed watching Duffy and Panik grow into this squad. Posey is a given, as well as I had to include Bochy. We wouldnt have titles without Bochy. As for Pitchers, had to include MadBum on the mound position. I was kicking around what to do for the other two spots. I was able to find Cain for cheap, and he was key to our Rotation in previous years, plus he had the Perfect Game. The last slot was a toss up. I had a Strickland card and a Heston Card. I See potential in Strickland, so I put him in there, and was gonna pull him once I picked up a Timmy. I just havent gotten around to swapping it out.

At first I was going to grab key players that helped win three world Series. Ishikawa, Pablo, Scutaro, Wilson... But with limited space, I really wanted to focus on the players I currently enjoy watching, combined with a few that arent with the Giants any longer.

Now, if it were to be someones interpretation of a dream team lineup, then I'd have Will Clark, Matt Williams, Barry Bonds... But I wanted to stick with "current" players.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Live look from AT&T
595cd7891e9aaeacf6f938bce28d1232.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
With the Mets coming in, the Giants should be able to vacate both of the Wild Card spots before heading down south to LA for the 2016 season funeral.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I've got a theory: During the all-star break, the Giants players got hooked on Pokemon Go, and are now completely distracted by the game.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Giants win a game, but they pay for it with tightness in Hunter Pence's surgically repaired hamstring, and ghosts for Moore's head, as he will be haunted by "what could have been".

Members online