Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Triple threads recalled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
By Ryan Cracknell | Hobby Editor

2016 Topps Triple Threads Baseball supposed to come out on Friday, September 16. However, with the product en route to distributors and dealers, it has been recalled and the product has been delayed unexpectedly.

The recall comes as a result as a packaging error.

Topps did confirm that 2016 Triple Threads Baseball will still be coming out, however a new date is yet to be determined.

This is the second recall in as many years. Last year, Topps made the call to take back 2015 Topps Tribute Baseball after it was discovered there was an issue with a lot of the product’s autographs. However, that recall came after the product had already been released. This one should cause less confusion and uncertainty given that it isn’t out to the general public.

We’ll update when a new release date is announced.

Comments? Questions? Contact Ryan Cracknell on Twitter [MENTION=6139]tradercracks[/MENTION].

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Any info on what the packaging error was? If it is just on the packaging, I would rather just bust it once in hand if I had it en route as a distributor (which I'm not) :)

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I heard the problem is that people can see the $3 jersey and $5 auto inside pack without opening it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Any info on what the packaging error was?

The error is probably that Topps never quality checks anything that comes back from the printer before it goes out the door! ;)

Topps should at least crack a fresh case from packout to see if the autos are not smeared and if the hits and inserts are about right for the box.

at least Panini seems to post their quality check stuff on their blog.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
my local shop said the boxes were shipped out without the clear wrapping on them. how that could of happened topps?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Will topps take some kind of punitive action if a distributor or dealer refuses to send back the Triple Threads recalled product? Unless UPS allows you to redirect shipments back to the sender before they are delivered, Topps is going to have to rely on distributors/dealers to be honorable and return the product.

Members online