Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Let's get a Shame List going for awful COMC sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
God I can't stand some of these cretins.

The ones who leave your offers open for days on end. You know the buyer's funds are locked up during offers, right? Respond, a-hole. Accept, decline or counter. Don't just sit there and do nothing while the buyer's money is locked up. If you lack the time to respond, why are you even on the site.

The ones who immediately raise their prices on cards you offer on. I had a guy with 8 of the same card at around $3 per-card. I offered something like $2.25-per to start the offer/counter process and I get a counter of $8-per because he raised the price per-card to $8. Get lost, a-hole. What a loser. Yeah buddy, the card that is selling for under $3-per all over the place is now worth $8 because you are a greedy weirdo. Keep them forever, moron.

The ones who simply will not accept like less than a $.15 less than their asking price. Screw you. Why even accept offers then. It's absurd to even allow offers when you basically don't respect the process. You are an a-hole.

I hate all these people. They need to be called out for being a-holes.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Ryan Braun! Oh wait. I should read more than the first 5 words of the post title. You're talking about COMC sellers :)

Dallascardboys. This seller does come up with great cards. But forever on my sh&t list after I made an offer on a card, only to see the offer declined and the price raised by like 50%. He still has that card - plus several others I want - and although the prices are high I would probably send an offer to any other seller. But not him. Screw you pal.

Agree with the other morons you mention too, especially the guy who has a card for $10 and won't accept offers less than $9.75...

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Ryan Braun! Oh wait. I should read more than the first 5 words of the post title. You're talking about COMC sellers :)

Dallascardboys. This seller does come up with great cards. But forever on my sh&t list after I made an offer on a card, only to see the offer declined and the price raised by like 50%. He still has that card - plus several others I want - and although the prices are high I would probably send an offer to any other seller. But not him. Screw you pal.

Agree with the other morons you mention too, especially the guy who has a card for $10 and won't accept offers less than $9.75...

I offered for a handful of cards from that seller. The offer just sat there for days with no response (and I could see that they were active) while my funds were locked up. I had to cancel the offer myself. Scumbag seller.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
The absolute worst is Joel****Show. Never make him an offer. He will decline and then triple the asking price of the card.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
The absolute worst is Joel****Show. Never make him an offer. He will decline and then triple the asking price of the card.

He's bad, but he's gotten better. It used to be that he would pull that crap, but recently his prices are pretty fair (some even under what I am willing to pay) so I just buy outright for most stuff and skip the hassle of the offer/counter process, seeing that he's either most likely mentally handicapped or is just a giant *********.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
He's bad, but he's gotten better. It used to be that he would pull that crap, but recently his prices are pretty fair (some even under what I am willing to pay) so I just buy outright for most stuff and skip the hassle of the offer/counter process, seeing that he's either most likely mentally handicapped or is just a giant *********.

Yes, his $50 price for junk commons and incredibly poor condition vintage seems pretty fair.

Fair for a *********!

I did buy something from him a while ago that was listed wrong, I don't remember what it was but it really felt good to get one over on him. If you don't feel that way, find him on YouTube and try not to punch through your monitor.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Yes, his $50 price for junk commons and incredibly poor condition vintage seems pretty fair.

Fair for a *********!

I did buy something from him a while ago that was listed wrong, I don't remember what it was but it really felt good to get one over on him. If you don't feel that way, find him on YouTube and try not to punch through your monitor.

I know all about him. I do see some pretty good deals on his stuff sometimes though. Some of it is priced to move. But yeah, he's a weirdo and 9 times out of 10 will be a ****** seller.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
The offer process on the site has become a joke. It's deceptive when sellers list the card for twice what they intend to sell it for and accept the 50% offer. And then there's the examples the above posters mentioned. I don't even do offers anymore when selling. Price your cards reasonably and they will usually sell. If they don't, I lower my price. Pretty simple really.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Isn't it funny the opinions we make based on the way someone accepts/declines/counters/prices something?

It's so weird what we think we know about someone based on that.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
All of the actions we take tell the world a little bit about us. Our words, habits, nonverbal cues, etc. Alone, one thing won't define someone, but it helps build a profile.

Isn't it funny the opinions we make based on the way someone accepts/declines/counters/prices something?

It's so weird what we think we know about someone based on that.

It's easy to allow yourself to take this all personally and many do. is someone really a jerk if they play mind games over cards. Maybe, maybe not. You have to admit that a lot of these actions come across as odd to many though. I have witnessed it too, offering less than full asking price on an item only to have the offer declined and the item resisted at twice the original asking price. You might say, why didn't you buy it at the asking price? Well, the simple answer is probably that the card isn't worth the original asking price to me (or many others), making the seller's move even more odd. Regardless of what you think of the guy behind the move, you have to admit many of these moves are counterproductive to building sales and a strong customer base, the whole point of many of these sites.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I have 800,000 inventory most junk years sorted by teams in alpha order - HAD 200 Jim Thome cards one box of Indians . LMK if you need something - not just one / two cards . at present time 3200 stacked 20 high . Do not expect in a couple days if team on bottom . PM works best

Apr 13, 2010
God I can't stand some of these cretins.

The ones who leave your offers open for days on end. You know the buyer's funds are locked up during offers, right? Respond, a-hole. Accept, decline or counter. Don't just sit there and do nothing while the buyer's money is locked up. If you lack the time to respond, why are you even on the site.
On this first point...you might need a break from the computer :D First...if you're Rookies_n_Jersey's and you have an inventory of 656,004 cards (as of this evening) there likely isn't time to respond to the thousands of offers coming in. Also, there are many small sellers who have simply disappeared. Remember, you can manually cancel your offer without any penalty. This system also allows you to check to see if a seller has auto-accept :cool:

The ones who immediately raise their prices on cards you offer on. I had a guy with 8 of the same card at around $3 per-card. I offered something like $2.25-per to start the offer/counter process and I get a counter of $8-per because he raised the price per-card to $8. Get lost, a-hole. What a loser. Yeah buddy, the card that is selling for under $3-per all over the place is now worth $8 because you are a greedy weirdo. Keep them forever, moron.
You're right here. This is definitely annoying. Mr. Joel has done this to me. I offered $30 for a raw card he had priced at $45. A raw and a PSA 10 had both recently sold on eBay for...$30. He declined and raised the price to $150. I will also mention that the COMC account run by a rival message board did the same thing. I offered $6.75 (based on eBay sales) on a card newly listed at $8.25. My offer was declined and the price raised to $20. And there the card sits 5 months later.

All this being said...

if you're going to shame sellers who raise prices, you should also shame users who perpetually submit low-ball offers on the same card. I am quite a patient individual. But if you keep sending me the same low-ball offer, I may raise the price of the card so that my minimum offer floor would be a price I'm willing to sell at. This technique seems especially common with printing plates and other rare cards. I price most of my cards at a "buy now" rate and keep 50% offers on. Don't play games and make me artificially "block" you.

The ones who simply will not accept like less than a $.15 less than their asking price. Screw you. Why even accept offers then. It's absurd to even allow offers when you basically don't respect the process. You are an a-hole.
If the card is priced at the price the seller wants it, why accept offers? I know it's frustrating, but you can blame the individuals who continually make low-ball offers for this.

Last point. I get many offers slightly below where I want to sell. When I have the lowest price on a card and I counter for .15 more than the offer...either the buyer disappears or counters with the same .15 lower offer. The haggling game is fun and you have take this penny-pinching in stride. ;)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I have nothing against Rookies_n_Jerseys, but it doesn't matter how many cards he has for sale. If you can't respond to offers, don't accept them.

When sellers jack up the price of a card, and then it sits there for years, that really is annoying as shi%t. This is the situation with DCB and the card I was originally griping about. It's still sitting there a year later, and the price has never budged. The fact that there are probably only 2 people on earth who would even think about paying half the asking price doesn't seem to fit into this seller's calculus.

Shaming buyers that continually submit lowball offers. On ebay for example, I agree. The internet - and everyone's lives - are clogged with enough useless traffic already, so buyers like this should do everyone a favor and quit pestering people who haven't done anything to them! But this isn't true on COMC, because you can set minimum offers. By definition this is a clear message to a buyer that this is the minimum offer you would consider. You don't have to sell at this price, but if you set a minimum offer, you can't complain about getting lowball offers. Of course if someone keeps sending you the same exact offer and you keep refusing it, that is annoying. But if it's at your minimum offer level it is not a lowball. If they keep doing it, do nothing and just let their offer sit there and lock up their funds...they might stop.

On this first point...you might need a break from the computer :D First...if you're Rookies_n_Jersey's and you have an inventory of 656,004 cards (as of this evening) there likely isn't time to respond to the thousands of offers coming in. Also, there are many small sellers who have simply disappeared. Remember, you can manually cancel your offer without any penalty. This system also allows you to check to see if a seller has auto-accept :cool:

You're right here. This is definitely annoying. Mr. Joel has done this to me. I offered $30 for a raw card he had priced at $45. A raw and a PSA 10 had both recently sold on eBay for...$30. He declined and raised the price to $150. I will also mention that the COMC account run by a rival message board did the same thing. I offered $6.75 (based on eBay sales) on a card newly listed at $8.25. My offer was declined and the price raised to $20. And there the card sits 5 months later.

All this being said...

if you're going to shame sellers who raise prices, you should also shame users who perpetually submit low-ball offers on the same card. I am quite a patient individual. But if you keep sending me the same low-ball offer, I may raise the price of the card so that my minimum offer floor would be a price I'm willing to sell at. This technique seems especially common with printing plates and other rare cards. I price most of my cards at a "buy now" rate and keep 50% offers on. Don't play games and make me artificially "block" you.

If the card is priced at the price the seller wants it, why accept offers? I know it's frustrating, but you can blame the individuals who continually make low-ball offers for this.

Last point. I get many offers slightly below where I want to sell. When I have the lowest price on a card and I counter for .15 more than the offer...either the buyer disappears or counters with the same .15 lower offer. The haggling game is fun and you have take this penny-pinching in stride. ;)

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I know for a fact that joelsh!tshow is a weirdo freak. I've seen his youtube videos. He's loony tunes.

If he has something I want I never send an offer, and will pay a little more if another seller has it just to avoid giving that a$$ clown my money. He sucks.

Scott F

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
lucecards

I've offered like 70% counters for 90%. I counter back 75% counter offer 90%. I leave the card for 6+months, come back with an offer of 75% counteroffer 90%. Rinse & repeat for like 1.5 years.

Why not just set your offer minimum at 90%...I honestly don't get it. It must be to either gauge interest or just be a stubborn dick. I'm going with the latter.