Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you met your favorite player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I met Kirby Puckett one time only. It was a target signing somewhere in the 98 range. I've never met bert Blyleven, early Wynn, Bob feller, tony oliva, ted Williams, or Jim thome. I'm pretty sad indeed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

eltoro2012

Nov 3, 2013
Just once. I had to opportunity to meet Gaylord Perry at the 2012 All-Star Fan Fest. I wore his jersey to the event so he included his career strikeouts and wins and the date of his no-hitter on the baseball he signed for me. Very cool experience!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I met Kirby Puckett one time only. It was a target signing somewhere in the 98 range. I've never met bert Blyleven, early Wynn, Bob feller, tony oliva, ted Williams, or Jim thome. I'm pretty sad indeed

I've never met Puck, Wynn, or Williams. I've had experiences with the rest of those guys.

All of them were great too (albeit, this was pre-HOF Bert).

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have not met too many players, but I did have a chance to meet Feller in the 80s at Michael Cramer's card shop.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Perry was the first free signing at the local single A ball club that has since hosted 4-5 that i attended (Perry, Dave Stewart, Dan Wilson, Rollie Fingers & Fergie Jenkins - they like pitchers!!). I am not sure, but didn't pose with him, but did with the rest of them. Perry was kind of a grouch actually. It was funny when he checked out a couple of jersey cards and scowled, then commented that they never got his permission for those cards! pretty funny.

My boys didn't want their picture taken and I was too concerned about getting my items signed and less about a photo op.

Just once. I had to opportunity to meet Gaylord Perry at the 2012 All-Star Fan Fest. I wore his jersey to the event so he included his career strikeouts and wins and the date of his no-hitter on the baseball he signed for me. Very cool experience!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Opening Day Arlington 1998 against the White Sox, I had the foresight to bring a Frank Thomas card with me. He signed it. I asked if he was gonna win the MVP again that year, and he laughed and said,"I don't know, man." I was quite starstruck, actually, and its all I could do to stop from giving him a big hug. I stopped short of pointing out that I was wearing his Reebok zebra stripey sneakers.

Members online

Latest posts