Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Bowman Baseball Preliminary Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
I don't tend to follow the correlation between a BCDP product and the BC product that releases the following spring. But, I assume that Senzel having a "1st Bowman Card" in 2017 BC means he's not going to be in BCDP?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I don't tend to follow the correlation between a BCDP product and the BC product that releases the following spring. But, I assume that Senzel having a "1st Bowman Card" in 2017 BC means he's not going to be in BCDP?

If this were 10 years ago you'd be correct. But this is the age of duplication, whereupon guys like Schwarber and Bryant can have multiple prospect autos in different Bowman products. Topps calls it "added value", and it's likely a dream come true for wax breakers. But for singles buyers like myself, it's a living nightmare. I can't invest with 100% certainty the player in question won't have another Chrome auto further on down the line.

WHEN DISCUSSING TOPPS, ASSUME NOTHING.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
If this were 10 years ago you'd be correct. But this is the age of duplication, whereupon guys like Schwarber and Bryant can have multiple prospect autos in different Bowman products. Topps calls it "added value", and it's likely a dream come true for wax breakers. But for singles buyers like myself, it's a living nightmare. I can't invest with 100% certainty the player in question won't have another Chrome auto further on down the line.

WHEN DISCUSSING TOPPS, ASSUME NOTHING.
I was wondering the same thing about Blake Rutherford.

And again with the fuzzy color parallels?

WOOF.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Well, this is pretty cool.

fa63eb024ec56776795c247f107fbe45.jpg

One of the Chicago Cubs’ top prospects is coming to*2017 Bowman Baseball.

Cubs top prospect*Eloy Jimenez*will be featured in the first Bowman edition of the new year with a Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph. The outfielder Jimenez jumped on prospect lists during the year after an impressive run in the minors and at the Sirius XM All-Star Futures Game this summer.

In the Futures Game, Jimenez went 2-for-3 with a three-run home run, a double and four RBI. He also made a ridiculous catch in foul territory that nearly sent him flipping into the stands.

In 2016, Jimenez had a .329/.369/.532 slash line with 14 home runs and 81 RBI in 112 games.

2017 Bowman Baseball is scheduled to come out on April 26.

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts