Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New to the board - Kent Hrbek Supercollector!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigapple14

Apr 9, 2013
Hi,

Just thought I'd throw up a quick post to say hi and see if anyone has any nice Kent Hrbek cards fs/ft? Please PM me and lmk if you do!

Thanks!

Jim

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^Welcome! haven't met a Kent Hrbek supercollector before. Always thought he was a cool player when I was growing up, wore that eye black well!

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
Welcome!! As mentioned above, many Twins fans so you're amongst friends!! I have some older Hrbek's, mainly base, I can look when I get home and let you know what i have. Welcome again!

bigapple14

Apr 9, 2013
Thanks for the posts! Glad to see a lot of Twinkie fans on here!

I'm working on my Beckett "Organize" checklist, but as of now, here are my stats. I'm not done checking some items off as I know I have some, but need to locate them. There are also some non-card items on there as well, such as the Sports Illustrated with him on the cover. I have it, but have only checked off the cards so far. The "Haves" should be closer to the mid-480 range. The checklist also includes several 1/1's, of which I will probably never own! LOL

• Items:504
  • Keeps:0
  • Trade Away:0
  • MEM:22
  • SN:103

• Haves:474
  • Wants:0
  • Sells:0
  • AU:80
  • RC:2

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
Welcome to the boards! When I was a kid, the Twins spring training home was at Tinker Field in downtown Orlando. I lived about 30 minutes from downtown and went to a ton of Twins games in the 80's. Got lots of autos from all the players from those very good teams including Hrbek, Gaetti, Puckett, Gladden, Viola, Gagne, Brunansky, etc... Even after they won the Series in 1987 they were still some of the nicest players I have ever been around.

Good luck with you Hrbek quest!

bigapple14

Apr 9, 2013
Gant over ran the base, plowed into Hrbek, came off the bag, and was tagged out! Just ask Hrbek and the umpire! LOL

They even made a bobblehead of the two guys together!

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Does anyone else wonder why there are so few cards featuring Gaetti and Hrbek issued since they retired? I understand with Puckett, there's some kind of licensing issue, but Gaetti and Hrbek were Minnesota institutions as well and they get no love from the card companies.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Gant over ran the base, plowed into Hrbek, came off the bag, and was tagged out! Just ask Hrbek and the umpire! LOL

They even made a bobblehead of the two guys together!

:p

KentHrbekBobbleheadAuto1.jpg
KentHrbekBobbleheadAuto2.jpg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Does anyone else wonder why there are so few cards featuring Gaetti and Hrbek issued since they retired? I understand with Puckett, there's some kind of licensing issue, but Gaetti and Hrbek were Minnesota institutions as well and they get no love from the card companies.

Because that would mean more Gaetti cards I'd have to hunt down, and I just don't wanna look for more new ones! It was tough enough to get all of these together:

88g.jpg

Topps base -- Tiffany -- Cloth Test -- Dual autograph

bigapple14

Apr 9, 2013
Because that would mean more Gaetti cards I'd have to hunt down, and I just don't wanna look for more new ones! It was tough enough to get all of these together:

88g.jpg

Topps base -- Tiffany -- Cloth Test -- Dual autograph

I would LOVE to own the cloth test one! It's one of the few missing from my collection! LMK if you have any interest in selling/trading it!

Members online

Latest posts