Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 National Treasures Hit Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
just saw this posted on twitter.

B67MWGeCcAAQ2P_.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wonder what the excuse will be?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I just asked him. He said that he had a "duck bidder" or something and then he was giving second chance offers and his auction got flagged or something idk. Sounds like it was a mess and he decided to start over. Either way, I'm not surprised. I also find it SO hard to take him seriously given his name on eBay is dirtbag haha

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I do believe that Panini makes significantly more off selling boxes than they could off individual cards, but I may be wrong. I would guess Panini is selling these to dealers for $375ish? But I may be wrong - dealers can feel free to chip in. I do know that margins are NOT high for dealers they're fairly low. The thing you have to keep in mind is that this is a Clemente bat, for Panini this is the cream of the crop. They also have a bunch of bat cards in other products that they pay like $50 for a complete bat or less I bet and they have way more of those bats than they do off Clemente's. The truth is that IMO for every 1 Clemente bat cards there are probably about 7-8 under $5 GU pieces you could get. Also remember this is national treausres, for a lot of other stuff they'll lump in a Clemente bat with some very, very average current players and lower-end HOF bats like Mike Schmidt, Frank Robinson & those kind of guys.

My cost from distributors was $400 a box, or $375 if 4+ were purchased. From what I can gather distributors are typically paying 10-15% lower than the cost they are selling to retail stores. I'm guessing they are paying $300-325 depending on how much they purchase. But I have no way of verifying that. I can verify Topps direct prices are in that range...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I just asked him. He said that he had a "duck bidder" or something and then he was giving second chance offers and his auction got flagged or something idk.

with a card like that, might as well go sell it on a real auction site where bidders are held more accountable or go sell it or auction it at 2015's natty where the money flows free and easy.

Members online