Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
One of my favorite threads. Love the 52s, Dano.

Andy - that E.Mathews cards looks great. Well done!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks Dan, I may have to slab that one. I was expecting worse but it's beautiful. Sometimes you gotta win one once in a while buying raw lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
You did real well with the player selection in that Exhibit piece. Have you given any thought to trying to purchase the machine the cards were sold in and using the machine to display this item? The machines are really not all that expensive and look great in a card room!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
You did real well with the player selection in that Exhibit piece. Have you given any thought to trying to purchase the machine the cards were sold in and using the machine to display this item? The machines are really not all that expensive and look great in a card room!

My room is so small, I'll have difficulty displaying just this! The machine would be cool, but no room in the inn.
DANNY

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Another stamp pair, that arrived on Monday. Two of the best lefties of the era!
DANNY

Agreed! You're gonna convince me to pick one of these up at some point. And I really should grab some Exhibits at some point considering how reasonably priced they usually are. Speaking of Spahn and Ford, I didn't post this in here but last week my mom dropped off this ticket stub from the '58 WS. Spahn defeated Ford in this game but the series ended poorly
71e13007.jpeg

There's a little paper loss on the back where it had been stuck in a frame but not horrible. Actually think it would be a cool piece to try to use in a custom booklet card.
And I love those T202s. Such beautiful cards

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I've got all the Yankee related T202's, but want to make sure I have a player from each team. Like getting three cards in one!
DANNY

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Another cookie. '54 this time. Not so lucky on the condition this time but displays nice

6eh340v2.jpeg

Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Something a little different for my Yankees collection:
1910-12 Sweet Caporal Pins:
Hal Chase small letters PSA 7
Hal Chase large letters PSA 5
DANNY

Last edited: