Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The below are from the box of 2000 FLEER TRADITION that were broke about 6 months ago
The series is a pain as Fleer is just as bad as Topps production wise

The Mac Ten -4 is a Pop 2 with just 1 higher. These are a pain to get in good shape have to be lucky coming out of the packs
The Chipper Ten-4 is a Pop 3 with 2 higher
The Ripken collection is a Pop 4 none higher ( its off T-B otherwise cant see much wrong)
The Chipper Award Winner is a Pop 1
The Carew Club 3000 is a Pop 7
The Yount Club 3000 is a Pop 1
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Couple more from those box breaks 6 months ago

Wade Boggs is a Pop 11 Gem
Chan Ho Park is a Pop 1 Gem

Was strange as Park was heavily subbed back when-- seems weird maybe they just did his rookie years ??

More to follow been slowing going ( work is a heavy load lately lots going on there)
Scans coming will include some of the Finest cards from boxes I broke back then also

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Bunch of the Finest scans. Included the box Topper I got last box break as well
For comparisons sake see size comparison

The 2001 Bagwell Finest is a Pop 5 while the Finest Oversized is a Pop 1
The Mariano is a Pop 11

Finest is very popular lots of submissions for Finest cards in the pop reports

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Is that 2000 fleer an uncorrected error? That does not look like Cal.

It's Cal - sans hair. Most I've seen from that years cards will show him either nearly bald with little hair- or with shock white hair
Lazy re-use of prior photos. By then his hair was white he colored it occasionally ( Grecian formula). He kept it short as he was nearly bald by then.

More Finest box break slabs from the last sub that came back. Have other Finest still sitting at PSA.

Jeter is a Pop 50 Gem everybody wants one :)
Ichiro a Pop 18
Chipper is a Pop 10
Rolen is a Pop 1 and for a project I'm working on

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Obligatory Juan's posted now and then :cool:

Nice random pickup !!
Why Bob can I ask ??

It’s Bob Barker....doesn’t need an explanation lol.

Honestly, I like to collect autos from other people besides athletes. I guess it’s why I like Ginter so much. The Price is Right reminds me of my grandparents and staying home from school when I was sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Love the Frazier !!

So I received a Jan 14th sub back early ( hooray for speed) and when looking at the initial email thought they were sending me results of a murder scene :eek:

Looked horrible all around for everyone on the sub. Remembered I had a few PC items and a whole bunch of eBay / COMC/ Burbank buys on the sub wanted to see the damages. After the initial shock wore off I realized the "disaster" cards were cards I had just gotten in the day I was doing entry, and dummy me never did my normal checks and balances ( sub or not sub based on preliminary checks).

So I basically got what I deserved !! Next time gonna "look" at whats going out. Wasted a bunch of fees but hey the cards are now 'teaching tools". I'll use them to teach myself more about the issue so i know what to look for again.

The Garciaparra 1998 Elite #147 below was a COMC buy. Knew it had 'snow". Didn't see a surface flaw upper left ( re:surface crease)
Both the Garciaparra Orange Epix were also COMC buys and did not see surface indents on reverses ( cause I didn't check !! )
The Griffey Card Guard Promo was another COMC buy and I did not notice a surface flaw lower left corner ( again- see repeating pattern)
All of these came in same day , same package, same COMC buy, same headaches. Ah well :(

Luckily I have more of all of them from my PC so will sub those later down the line
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

On a better note also got these back same sub. The Garciaparra Elite 148 was already in my PC - NrMt 8 is normal. I have more will try to upgrade later. The Garciaparra Title Waves was a Burbank Buy. I'll take the Nrmt for now. The Elite Craftsmen was a buy on FCB from years ago- the Finest a box break from last year. All can go in my Nomar PSA registry for now.

More to follow

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Here’s another one I found cleaning up today. This one will probably be going to my son if/when he’s old enough to have interest. I try to get every HoF inductee’s auto since he was born in 2016 to eventually give to him.

IMG_9176.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Nice Ichiro :)

More of the January sub that just came back. I sent in a bunch of promo's. A few are regularly subbed many are not. Happy with results as toting stuff around forever probably caused some condition issues - I'm OK with the grades.

The Lofton Bowman's Best Preview Refractor is a Pop 1 with 2 Higher
The Bagwell Bowman's Best Preview Refractor is a Pop 1 with 3 higher
The Arod Sports Illustrated Promo Sample has a ton of subs with 42 Mint 9 like mine with 23 Gems
The Arod Circa Promo Sample on the other hand is a Pop 6 with NONE higher
The Arod Metal Universe Promo Sample also is a Pop 1 with just 2 higher

Have lots more to follow from this sub and looks like next week be getting tons more back as well from last years subs

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Additional January sub scans. Subbed a bunch of the show promos been sitting on forever. Decent grades considering the travel they go thru
These are from the 2002 Hawaii trade show. Have about 100 more to sub .
All of them are currently Pop 1 items as PSA had to actually create the new specs (most of my stuff generally is low or no pop)
One of the few highlight Nomars is the Epix Emerald Moment below
While the common base Orange got hammered- this one didn't :)

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I also occasionally will sub some of my hoop stuff. Not really into hoop but bust boxes now and then.
Happy overall with these. All are Pop 1 ( had to create new specs as they were first groups subbed)
All of course being Hall of Famers ( Carter will be). You'd be surprised how many people collect the woman players

Like 1999 Finest items these came 3 ways
A = Non-refractor / Refractor
B = Refractor / Non-Refractor
C = Refractor / Refractor

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs scan catch up from prior subs last year into January. A bunch of stuff held on to forever
As expected on a bunch and since I have PSA 10 on some ( or similar/higher on others) will stick up cheap elsewhere for sale

The Mac wanted to see my "lowest' grade possible so this one set the bar for the rest ( I already own a PSA 10)
Boggs was an upgrade attempt already own a 9 ( this one I'll sell)
Freddy is from a set I collected back when- held on til now- enjoyed subbing it.
Pedro was a recent buy back in November with 36 more available might upgrade later
Boggs Pristine been holding on to for 15+ years
Same with Dewey held on to since 1983 so figure 37 years on travel on that one

More to follow catching up since I have a few minutes before doc appointments
As usual anytime you need bigger pics just go into the album(s) directly
full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Love the Boggs & Sandberg !! 1983 was one of better years cards for Topps beautiful design there.

Some more back including a few McGwire's

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The next few are from the Red Sox PC sent in. The two Vaughn 1998 EX-2001s got my blood pressure up.
You'd have to see these scans large size ( can't be seen well here) to understand why.
The one that starts 448 is newly back. The 441 was from a few months ago.
The other two the the Fleer Tradition is a label correction fix they did and a re-slab of a cracked slab on the Thunder
More to follow. Still working so scanning when I'm free. Takes time between life stuff.

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

Members online