Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
In addition to the 98 Teks, I have a very large Pedro Martinez collection through 2004 when he left the Red Sox. I have never been tempted to pay extra for a pattern 45 Pedro card. I also see Pedro cards numbered something like 45/100 referred to as 1/1 cards. That's a joke to me. I also won't pay a premium for slabbed Pedro cards or Teks. I see slabbed 98 Teks with water spots, ink spots, refractor lines, shadowed portraits, blurred pattern numbers, and the classic: base cards labeled diffractors.

Rich

I hear those water spot 1/1s are incredible! :D

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
would any of you pay a premium for a pattern thats the same as you guys jersey number?

I would but only of 1998 Topps TEK Mike Mussina Card# 80 pattern # 35 in mint or near mint condition as its the last one I need to complete a 90 card Player/Uniform# 90 card set

Still need a couple of Lankford card# 90 pattern# 90s too (although that is not his uniform #)

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I actually overpaid for the Juan Gonzalez regular pattern #19 but it was also the last one I needed to complete the 90 pattern set.. Took me twelve years to complete it...

I think it took me like 6 years to complete Belle. The last few were a grind and the final one it was a blood bath... I don't even want to look back and see how much I paid for it... might have been over $100

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
I think it took me like 6 years to complete Belle. The last few were a grind and the final one it was a blood bath... I don't even want to look back and see how much I paid for it... might have been over $100

Now I don’t feel so bad.. I paid $25 for the Juan pattern 19 from another Juan collector..

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
A HUGE shoutout to Rich [MENTION=8009]rinkrat38[/MENTION] he pm me a few days ago saying pattern 77 was on the way., it was the final card on my Bernie set.
I cant thank him enough for his help and generosity. thanks again

UAiBjKY.jpg

Last edited:

Members online