Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frank Thomas collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Nice Leaf LOS Inscriptions; I'm not into new releases very much, nor unlicensed stuff, but I've picked up one signature because the price was too good to pass up at about half of what they're normally selling for. I really like the inscription too. I'd like one of the Auburn inscriptions, a buy-back auto, and a buy-back rookie too, but I doubt I'll be able to afford them.

2012LeafLegendsofSportInscriptions.jpg

That one is awesome! I'd be up for trading the 1990 leaf auto for something great that you have from the 1990's!

Sep 11, 2009
Nice Leaf LOS Inscriptions; I'm not into new releases very much, nor unlicensed stuff, but I've picked up one signature because the price was too good to pass up at about half of what they're normally selling for. I really like the inscription too. I'd like one of the Auburn inscriptions, a buy-back auto, and a buy-back rookie too, but I doubt I'll be able to afford them.

2012LeafLegendsofSportInscriptions.jpg

Hey everyone. Happy holidays. Did any one notice the Let's go White Sox inscription that sold on eBay recently. Frank must've been in a rush and crossed the "h" in white sox as well as the "t" spelling "wtite sox". 2012 Leaf Legends of Sports Inscriptions Frank Thomas "Lets Go White Sox" Auto | eBay

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Nice snag Ross! I haven't been following this issue closely, is that the only one he signed with the "White Sox" annotation or something?

Thanks! The Sox inscription isn't one of one, I think 2 have shown now (mine and the one Justin linked)...I got mine for $65 though. It ended first, but at a weird time of day with no significant snipes. Randy was offering a card in trade for my 1992 Elite numbered 00035/10000...I was saying, to me, that card is a one of one...can't replace it and it would take a lot for me to get rid of it. Can't think of what right now.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Hello everyone!
I'm a Frank Thomas collector in the dark... lol. I don't buy very often but I have a pretty big stash of his stuff.
I just picked this card up. I've always wanted a graded RC.
I'll be going for the BGS 10 once I find one at a decent price.
I pulled a raw version myself when I was still in the US. At the time the BV was $16... pretty fun to pull a one at the time. I was so excited!!! I still have it today.
Well, with-out further ado:

FrankThomasPSA10_2_zpsb6f7247f.jpg

Scan isn't perfect sorry about that.

Last edited:

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Thanks! The Sox inscription isn't one of one, I think 2 have shown now (mine and the one Justin linked)...I got mine for $65 though. It ended first, but at a weird time of day with no significant snipes. Randy was offering a card in trade for my 1992 Elite numbered 00035/10000...I was saying, to me, that card is a one of one...can't replace it and it would take a lot for me to get rid of it. Can't think of what right now.

Oh man, that was not what I was proposing! I figured that was un-obtainable. I'll throw out there, the 1990 leaf 2012 auto, the Thomas "T" letter patch, and $200...... I completely understand that it is unobtainable, as I have a few Thomas cards I feel the same way about.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Oh man, that was not what I was proposing! I figured that was un-obtainable. I'll throw out there, the 1990 leaf 2012 auto, the Thomas "T" letter patch, and $200...... I completely understand that it is unobtainable, as I have a few Thomas cards I feel the same way about.

Nice offer! Good luck....

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Hey guys, any clue what this is?

Its a motion card which is blank backed

thanks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358560787544.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358560787544.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 49

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Hello everyone!
I'm a Frank Thomas collector in the dark... lol. I don't buy very often but I have a pretty big stash of his stuff.
I just picked this card up. I've always wanted a graded RC.
I'll be going for the BGS 10 once I find one at a decent price.
I pulled a raw version myself when I was still in the US. At the time the BV was $16... pretty fun to pull a one at the time. I was so excited!!! I still have it today.
Well, with-out further ado:

Scan isn't perfect sorry about that.

Always a classic! If you are looking for the BGS 10 version of it, I wouldn't wait too long. It is very possible that the value will get a big bump in Jan next year if Frank becomes a first ballot HOFer. Even if he doesn't get in on the first try, his cards will still jump a bit from getting his name mentioned for the first time in a while.

DeanH4

Jan 21, 2013
Greetings, New member here. Like many, I was a huge Frank Thomas and Ken Griffey Jr. fan back in the 90's. I stopped collecting inserts around 2000 as there was just too many to keep up with. I got into pre-war and that is still my focus today. I still have many of my vards from back then. Here are two of my rookies that I pulled from packs back in 1990 and they stayed in my collection until I recently had them graded almost a year ago.

Here are my inserts, I'm sure none of them are difficult to locate but are any of these worth grading? In full disclosure I would like to eventulally sell them to raise money to spend on other areas since I'm not into inserts anymore. I wonder if it would be worth getting them graded before trying to sell them. Any input would be appreciated. Who knows I might get sucked into inserts and modern cards after I spend more time around here. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Thomas Lot 6.jpg
    Thomas Lot 6.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Frank Thomas Lot1.jpg
    Frank Thomas Lot1.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Thomas Lot 7.jpg
    Thomas Lot 7.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 51
  • Frank Thomas Lot 3.jpg
    Frank Thomas Lot 3.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 49
  • ThomasRookies.jpg
    ThomasRookies.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Brandt504

Apr 7, 2010
Northern California
Go these in today.

1999 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Row 1 /99
1999 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Row 2 /99
1999 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Row 3 /99
1999 Topps Stars 3 Star Foil /99

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Great cards, do you have a website (or plan on making one) to showcase your collection?

Go these in today.

1999 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Row 1 /99
1999 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Row 2 /99
1999 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Row 3 /99
1999 Topps Stars 3 Star Foil /99

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
I have some pics in Photobucket, but it's not up to date or very organized. I would really like to get a legit site of my own someday. Need to work on that...How about you?

I'm actually working on one now.....i'm really taking my sweet old time with it though. The scanning is going to take forever!

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
Hey Big Hurt collectors...

This may be a bit premature of me to ask this since I'm still waiting for the Frank Thomas 2011 Gypsy Queen leather mini in mail. It's #ed 04/10 so I wonder if any of you collectors happen to have either 01/10 or 10/10...or at least know their whereabouts. I'm hoping that a swap (plus incentives, if desired) could be made to further the progress on my big project (see my signature).

Any help would be beyond awesome. I'll keep checking back here but please do drop me a PM just in case.